Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we did fire Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,313

If we did fire Brownell

Mar 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

Who would we get to replace him that would make you happy? A Tom Crean or another upstart?

I never understood why we never went after Gregg Marshall... I think he may have some Coot connections, but that worked out pretty well for us with Brad Scott in football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wade or Keatts hopefully***

Mar 16, 2017, 6:10 PM

Re: If we did fire Brownell

Mar 16, 2017, 6:18 PM

You know how everyone laughed at the coots when Tanner struck out on his first four choices and settled for Muscoot. "If he can't win at Florida, how could he win at USuCk?"

Well, in regards to Crean, "if he can't win at Indiana, how could he win at Clemson?"

Mar 16, 2017, 6:28 PM

Tom Crean = NCAA 4 of last 6 years = yes please. So Indiana fires him for not making tourney this yr after making it 4 of 5 previous yrs and we can't fire a guy who is 0 for his last 6??? I get we aren't Indiana but really? 0 for 6 and we are "comfortable" with our program?

He did win at Indiana

Mar 16, 2017, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: If we did fire Brownell ]

and Marquette. At Indiana, he was never a good fit from very early in his tenure. He can recruit and he can coach.

Anyone that can come in and recruit with the big boys.***

Mar 16, 2017, 6:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone that can come in and recruit with the big boys.***

Mar 16, 2017, 6:37 PM

That's not going to happen. We will never outrecruit Duke or UNC. We need someone that can come in and take Junior and Seniors and use those guys to compete against the big boys Freshman and Sophomores. I'd like a Crean, but all we really need is someone who can get us to the dance every now and then and make a run to the second weekend every once in awhile. I don't think we should be asking for miracles.

Mar 16, 2017, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Anyone that can come in and recruit with the big boys.*** ]

Or identify talent with what remains. It has been done before at Clemson. The Grant brothers, Dale Davis, many others were not recruited by the upper echelon ACC schools.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about both

Mar 16, 2017, 6:50 PM

it's not like we don't sign top 150 guys now. JB, Grantham and Hudson were all top 150. Simms coming in is. No reason we shouldn't compete for top 100 players either

Mar 16, 2017, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone that can come in and recruit with the big boys.*** ]

What people on here are thinking is that a coach at a successful basketball school would leave and come to a school that has a history of not being successful. That is a difficult thing to do. Not many coaches would do that unless it is a coach at a small school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2017, 7:04 PM

Also like Kermit Davis at MTSU. Just won a tourney game 2nd year straight. Veteran coach with lot of experience.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,313
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic