Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If uga comes up short in a close game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,679

If uga comes up short in a close game

Nov 29, 2018, 1:19 PM

against Bama by a score of let's say 56 to 35, will they still be number 4 in the CFP rankings?

Or will the CFP committee bump them up to number 2 or 3 for playing Bama so close?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If uga comes up short in a close game

Nov 29, 2018, 1:21 PM

A win is a win... UGA likely rises in the polls

Nov 29, 2018, 2:06 PM

He says if Ga loses. If Ga loses they are out. If Baba loses and osu or tosu win their conference they are in

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 29, 2018, 3:01 PM

He said Alabama would have more points 56-35.

If I have learned anything in the last week, it is that 56-35 means the team with 35 actually wins. It is some sort of strange anomaly but it's a real thing.

Nov 29, 2018, 1:47 PM

It depends. Will it feel like a loss or a win to Georgia?

Nov 29, 2018, 1:53 PM

The powers to be in the pollsters will do everything they can to get 2 SEC teams in the Final Four. Always have, always will. They will politic the committee big time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do people keep saying this?

Nov 29, 2018, 2:13 PM

I’m not discounting some level of SEC bias, but I don’t understand why so many people here think the committee wants two SEC teams so badly. What is this belief based on?

Alabama got in last year, but that was a unique circumstance where Bama had one loss and a very good resume otherwise, and the Big 10 champ Ohio State had 2 losses and the Pac 12 champ USC had 3 losses. Plus, Wisconsin also had a loss but that was the day before in the Big 10 championship game and their resume was very poor otherwise.

That won’t happen this year, with undefeated Notre Dame and 1-loss Oklahoma and 1-loss Ohio State likely having conference titles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

no, no it won't***

Nov 29, 2018, 3:25 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do people keep saying this?

Nov 29, 2018, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Why do people keep saying this? ]

“I’m not discounting some level of SEC bias, but I don’t understand why so many people here think the committee wants two SEC teams so badly. What is this belief based on?”

I doubt all of the committee members are completely immune to the SEC’s frequent promotion by a certain network that dominates the sports media market. I’m no conspiracy theorist, but to assume complete objectivity by a group of wealthy people that watch game summaries on said network is naive. Money. That’s my short answer to your question.

Why not have a true playoff system like all other college sports (including football)? Do we really need bowl games?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If uga comes up short in a close game ]

This is the problem. Why play the games. UGAY got pounded by lswho. If they lose to bama-no matter how close the score-they should be out. There have to be consequences to losing or why play the games. Otherwise just put at least two sec teams and big brand name teams in. This playoff system is laughable. Bama lost last year, yet they got the easiest path-trip to New Orleans-they should have been forced to go to Pasadena.

Bad example

Nov 29, 2018, 3:27 PM

You say they didn't belong yet beat #1 24-6 then won it all

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Ga has to win, but if they do, two SEC teams in CFP.***

Nov 29, 2018, 2:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Georgia loss means no playoffs for them.

Nov 29, 2018, 2:05 PM

No way a 2 loss team with no conference title gets in over much more deserving one loss champions from other conferences (Oklahoma, Ohio State).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Coming up short is Georgia's

Nov 29, 2018, 2:14 PM

Mantra for 38 years...and growing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 2:43 PM

I'm may be off on this but I think the OP was joking around about the game being close at 56 to 35, you know a "close game" considering a 21 point loss is "close" according to certain factions of the SEC fan base.

Nov 29, 2018, 4:27 PM

^^^ This ^^^ Glad someone got it.

They lost by 21 pts. But it was almost like a win. SMH

If you lose by 1 pt, you didn't win.
If you lost by 21, it wasn't close.

Nov 29, 2018, 3:02 PM

Speaking of coming up a little bit short...That's what SHE said...But would not want to be on The Committee if the Dogs win 21-17... and We win 52-14...ND(,...FND)....OK wins 64-45...and OSU wins 35-14..

Nov 29, 2018, 3:08 PM

In that scenario I think it would be

1. Clemson
vs
4. OSU
in Miami

2. Georgia
vs
3. ND
In Dallas

I know most are going to say but muh bama and I just don't see it. No 1 loss non champ has ever gotten in over another 1 loss conf champ.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 3:23 PM

Do you think they will leave bama out if they lose a close game? I hope they do ,but I wouldn't count on it.

Nov 29, 2018, 3:38 PM

Yes I think they would. They were going to be left out last year had Wisconsin not lost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 4:02 PM

If Bama were to get left out, I think Paul Finebaum would lose it. Espin is convinced Bama is in regardless of this weekend's results. Would be fun to hear the indignation.

Nov 29, 2018, 5:12 PM

+1 I see what you did there. LOL !

Nov 29, 2018, 7:46 PM

They are out. They're not putting a two lost team in if they have other power five options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,679
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic