Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know it's bad when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

You know it's bad when

Nov 18, 2014, 8:25 AM

One player goes down and the whole O folds like cheap chairs. But since it's a rebuilding year it's ok I guess?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, kind of like when the driver goes out on a racing team.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:30 AM

You can easily replace the gas man, tire man, windshield washer man,jack man,etc. No so much the driver man. Let me ask you. If Dylan Thompson goes down on the first possession in two weeks, do you think they will have a serious hurdle to jump?

Re: Yep, kind of like when the driver goes out on a racing team.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:34 AM

Well with a sr backup that was the starter, I just don't get it?

Exactly. The 2nd string guy was the starter coming into the

Nov 18, 2014, 8:47 AM

season and actually looked pretty darn good when playing behind TB the last couple of years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sr. is hurt and not playing anything like they thought

Nov 18, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep, kind of like when the driver goes out on a racing team. ]

he might.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If thompson goes down the qb they have behind him is worse

Nov 18, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Yep, kind of like when the driver goes out on a racing team. ]

Than cole stoudt. So yeah, that's a helll of a hurdle when you rely on nothing but deep balls and a running back that doesn't want to run to keep you in the game.

Re: If thompson goes down the qb they have behind him is worse

Nov 18, 2014, 8:41 AM

In my years of experience with chairs of varying price levels , it is my assertion that the cheap chair is generally the more difficult chair to fold.
You see , a folding chair that gives fits to the consumer who requires two basic functions of an inexpensive folding chair (being folding and seating ) is useless if it fails at both , and nearly as useless if it only does one well .
No , " folding like an expensive chair " would more aptly describe what you referenced ...because the more expensive the folding chair the more fluidly they fold away , usually.
Happy seating and GO TIGERS !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 18, 2014, 8:43 AM

And you really took the time to post all that when what I was saying is true?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: If thompson goes down the qb they have behind him is worse ]

And Cheap chairs fold when you don't want them to fold

Nov 18, 2014, 8:53 AM

No , I think that unfolding a cheap chair is generally more difficult than what it takes to fold one back after use .
Was there another subject to discuss here ? I must have focused on a detail rather than the topic . My bad.
I am passionate about folding chairs .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm gonna keep a better eye on tugboats the next time I hit

Nov 18, 2014, 9:05 PM

the Wando.

This may be the best response on TNet ever! LOL***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: If thompson goes down the qb they have behind him is worse ]

Re: This may be the best response on TNet ever! LOL***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:24 PM

Spud , you do that ! I know most of the captains in Charleston having worked amongst em' for many years. However , if you are only concerned about my navigational skills you are safe in the Port City ...I am stuck in NYC waters , lol.

DB23

Re: You know it's bad when

Nov 18, 2014, 8:30 AM

When the one person that's not in that touches the ball first and makes all the decisions that shows the outcome of the whole play. Yes that ONE person does make a differance. Especially when your other guy to take his place does'nt make the right decisions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For an offense that was scoring 40-50 points against

Nov 18, 2014, 8:31 AM

defenses similar to Ga Tech (UNC, NCS), is it too much to ask to maybe score 20 or so with your 2nd string QB?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: For an offense that was scoring 40-50 points against

Nov 18, 2014, 8:35 AM

Agree

Apparently.***

Nov 18, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to For an offense that was scoring 40-50 points against ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Which "one guys" do you speak of?

Nov 18, 2014, 9:17 AM

We were on our 3rd best QB who had a bad shoulder, lost our 3 best RBs for most/all of the year, have had a revolving door at TE, and the OL has been so banged up we've rolled with 5 dudes a few times.

So, yes, we're excited to get back a super talented QB who can add a dimension to our struggling offense.

Re: Which "one guys" do you speak of?

Nov 18, 2014, 9:34 AM

We were moving the ball just fine before Cole came in and there goes the O.

The problem is we were told the backup was the true starter.

Nov 18, 2014, 9:20 AM

I think many are down on Cole because the coaches led the fanbase astray by convincing us that he actually beat out Watson for the starting job. We all know better now. It's unfortunate, but I think a lot of the resentment towards Cole is misguided and actually meant for our coaches.

I want Cole to succeed at a level that he can't.

Hate to pop your bubble but it's been substantially more

Nov 18, 2014, 9:36 AM

than 1 player. Oline hurt. potentially 3 best RBs Dye-Brooks-Choice, potential starting QB kelly was booted. Potential best WR Peake hurt. Should I go on?

Re: You know it's bad when

Nov 18, 2014, 10:04 AM

Regarding this phantom shoulder injury that we always seem to bring up when things don't go our way, has anything definitive come out as to what this "injury" is? Sure, we see Cole hold his arm every time he throws a pick, but that's about it - I've never heard any medical diagnosis or anything official coming out of the athletic department. I'm not saying he isn't hurt, but based on what I've seen, this "injury" seems to be a crutch and only comes out when trying to explain the interceptions. From Sunday-Friday, we never hear about it - then Saturday, it always comes back to "well, you know - if Cole's shoulder wasn't hurt so bad..."

Injuries are part of the game! Every team has them!***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:15 PM

Re: Injuries are part of the game! Every team has them!***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:28 PM

Coot trolls are apart of this TNet game , every thread has them.

DB23

That's the way it goes when you don't have a QB to throw a

Nov 18, 2014, 9:26 PM

forward pass

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The troll is strong with this one***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic