Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kids can't behave, get a BABYSITTER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Kids can't behave, get a BABYSITTER

Nov 24, 2013, 6:29 PM

I was able to get 2 tickets to the Citadel game for my son (El Cid 11) he wanted to take his best friend a UGA grad when they arrived, their seats were filled with stuff by others, a few nice please and thank you suggestions did nothing, an eventual loud and clear move your stuff from our seats,they moved their stuff.
then their daughters were in and out all game, one threw water all over my son and others, the parents said NOTHING and they knew what happened. the people behind them moved because of thse kids. when the kids did attempt to sit, one child constantly kicked my sons foot or pushed, PUNCHED or leaned against him. again NOTHING. Andrew said he couldn't enjoy the game with them constantly in and out of their seats, punching, kicking, moving around.
I was always a much stricter parent in public, I would have apologized and taken them to the bathroom for some spiritual advisement. I had certain expectations for my kids behavior in public which usually meant a stern lecture of the do's and dont's before we entered the event. apparently these parents are just drivers and roommates there is no parenting involved.
My sons friend said Clemson was great (he loved the ESSO club) but the day was ruined by these kids. If precious Tom and Sally can't behave in public then get a BABYSITTER or better yet, learn these words sit down keep your hands and feet to yourself, behave, and NO. Clemson is a wonderful family environment but other families would like to enjoy it as well.
Please think of those around you. they may not have thought that water in the face or punch in the ribs was acceptable behavior. Also, don't store your extra stuff on peoples seats then get upset when you are asked to move it. I explained that this is not the norm and Andrew promised to take him to another game next year. Hopefully,those around will know how to discipline their children.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those kids didn't need the spanking. Their guardians did.

Nov 24, 2013, 6:37 PM

And they should have gotten it from you. Right then, and there. You did all wrong be not leaving an indelible memory for all.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

These are the same people that complain about a few curse

Nov 24, 2013, 7:25 PM

words.......sorry if that offends anyone.....but it's a football game not a bible school class

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

some time

Nov 24, 2013, 7:32 PM

you have to relax. Kids will be kids... Its the cycle of life.
It is a football game. All kids are welcome. Why were they not on their feet cheering for the Tigers? Had they been, they would have never had noticed two little kids....ITS A FOOTBALL GAME.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WNCTiger11

I see what you're saying, but I started going to games when

Nov 24, 2013, 7:42 PM

I was seven years old. I had a wonderful time, but if I ever accidently nudged, kicked, annoyed the people next to us, my dad would have simply said "look what you're doing, you're bumping all over them. You can't do that to other people, apologize." And he would have said it at the first and only time it would have happened. He was the best dad and wasn't overly strick, but we knew how to act in public.

Sometimes the "kids will be kids" excuse just doesn't cut it. It's a cop out for not seeing to it that your kids aren't a bother to others.

Having said that, I think most kids are very well behaved at these games. I have never had one bother me like was described. There was an eight year old girl sitting next to me and I was more worried about leaning up to far and blocking her view. She never said a word, but there have been other places where it has happened and you wonder what it would take for the parents to say something to them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"too" not to. Just typing too fast***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:45 PM

Right it's a football game to enjoy. People didn't come to

Nov 24, 2013, 7:56 PM [ in reply to some time ]

take care of your kids for you. First problem was that the parents didn't see anything wrong with placing their belongings in everyone else's space. No wonder the kids acted like brats, that's the way their were trained by the "adult kids". And we wonder what's wrong with the "me world" we live in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like you are one of "those parents"...

Nov 24, 2013, 11:01 PM [ in reply to some time ]

yes all kids are welcome, but if they/you are not respectful of others regardless if they are sitting or standing... keep them home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Have Supposed Adults That Sit Behind Us

Nov 24, 2013, 7:41 PM

and they display similar behavior.

the bigger issue was probably four people trying to sit in

Nov 24, 2013, 8:00 PM

two seats

Re: Kids can't behave, get a BABYSITTER

Nov 24, 2013, 8:03 PM

there are ushers and police that will stop that kind of thing.. do not hesitate to ask!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..took my 10 year old twins to the BC game.....

Nov 24, 2013, 8:07 PM

..and we sat by a nice family from Connecticut who's daughter was a Clemson student but it was their first FB game. I made *extra* sure my twins were well behaved and welcomed those folks to Clemson.

Re: ..took my 10 year old twins to the BC game.....

Nov 24, 2013, 8:08 PM

thats the way it should be!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..exacly.....just like my boot camp commander told me.....

Nov 24, 2013, 8:12 PM

..."..Causey, so help me god if you screw up one more time you will *never* get outta here!!!!!!!!".....

If the parents can't control the kids bad behavior

Nov 24, 2013, 8:10 PM

Keep them HOME! We pay a lot of money for our tickets, and should be able to watch the game.

Problem with the world today is that kids have no discipline

Nov 24, 2013, 8:39 PM

My dad would have given me "the look" if I had behaved like that. I knew that "the look" meant I would get my little butt spanked if I stepped out of line again. Kids aren't scared of parents anymore because they aren't disciplined.

Re: If the parents can't control the kids bad behavior

Nov 24, 2013, 8:40 PM [ in reply to If the parents can't control the kids bad behavior ]

Same issue when my wife and I go to dinner..Strange times..Kids in high in restaurants making those around them miserable and nothing but old people in McDonalds..

where are you***

Nov 24, 2013, 10:50 PM

Re: Kids can't behave, get a BABYSITTER

Nov 24, 2013, 10:56 PM

Should have took a physical approach with the parents.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic