Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the name doesn’t mean anything,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,346

If the name doesn’t mean anything,

Jun 9, 2020, 5:57 PM

why are so many of you against changing it? Apparently, the names of Calhoun and Tillman mean so much to some of you that you’ll spend hours arguing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it’s simple it’s simple...

Jun 9, 2020, 6:07 PM

So you think it’s about the name?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the name doesn’t mean anything,

Jun 9, 2020, 6:09 PM

I don’t get it either. The biggest argument I’ve heard is “they’ve always been named that”, which of course is false. That and “you’re trying to erase history”, which is funny because most don’t have a clue about history.

Im not sure why YOU dont understand...

Jun 9, 2020, 6:11 PM

this isnt the last.. TG Clemson will be next. why exactly would you be okay with that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: Im not sure why YOU dont understand...

Jun 9, 2020, 6:38 PM

Personally, I don’t want to see the Clemson name change, but I won’t lose a bit of sleep over renaming Tillman, Calhoun, or Thurmond. Fight for the ones that are important to you, but your slippery slope argument is itself a slippery slope... you end up fighting all change.

Jun 9, 2020, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Im not sure why YOU dont understand... ]

changing the name of some buildings doesn't really do much, but changing a town, a universities name and all businesses that have that name in their companies names and all legal documents would not fly so I don't think we will have to worry about that.

I don't care about the buildings names so I agree, just let it fly. But if we do give them that inch and they want the mile. I think it will turn into a war.

Jun 9, 2020, 7:04 PM

You can believe if we cave on this it will never end. Bottom line is they have no idea what they want and they are throwing darts to see what will stick. Once all evidence of the civil war is erased they will want the government to pay every single black person monetary reparations for their ancestors being enslaved. The truth is we the working class are already the slaves. I watch these morons marching, rioting and looting every day of the week while I'm working and paying taxes. They don't have jobs or work but live off of the government and cause problems. Instead we work for them. I really don't care what gets renamed, my personal opinion is the country is already lost anyway, our university won't be far behind. Rename everything on campus after MLK and Malcolm X for all I care. If it makes them happy go for it. Everything we are doing in the aftermath of this fiasco is being done to appease a bunch of militants because our white trash politicians are afraid. It has no real meaning whatsoever.

Re: If the name doesn’t mean anything,

Jun 9, 2020, 6:15 PM

talking points...you got um

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have someone intelligent read your post and have them

Jun 9, 2020, 10:21 PM

explain to you why it is illogical.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,346
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic