Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the TL update is correct and it was “only”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,915

If the TL update is correct and it was “only”

Sep 29, 2018, 4:24 PM

concussion protocol that kept TL from coming back in the game then HUGE props to the medical staff and Dabo for putting his health first. Takes a lot of guts and really proves Dabo loves his guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't ever want to take a chance with a kid

Sep 29, 2018, 4:25 PM

Football is not that important!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the TL update is correct and it was “only”

Sep 29, 2018, 4:26 PM

TL showed toughness when he came out of the tent and walked right back to the sideline and took his seat.

NO QUIT in Trevor Lawrence!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 4:26 PM

Honestly, I knew he wasn't coming back in after I saw he was literally, but briefly, knocked out.

There was absolutely no way they were going to risk his life or even his future seasons at Clemson by playing him after that hit in a desperation mode just to get to the CFBP again. That's just Dabo's style and he would have gladly taken the loss rather than ever consider putting TL back in after that.

Well, we did put KB back in at Auburn last year

Sep 29, 2018, 4:28 PM

He got knocked out, but cleared concussion protocol, which is the key difference

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was no coach's decision

Sep 29, 2018, 4:27 PM

And there never should be.

If he shows signs of a possible concussion he doesn't play, by rule. It HAS to be that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There was no coach's decision

Sep 29, 2018, 4:35 PM

I completely agree that it has to be that way but I guarantee you there are coaches who overrule the medical staff because “the kid says he can go and wants back in the game”

There may be

Sep 29, 2018, 4:38 PM

But they'd be opening themselves up to a world of liability.

Re: There was no coach's decision

Sep 29, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: There was no coach's decision ]

In both College and pros...concussion protocol is up to independent medical staff. Coach has absolutely no power to play the player...none! This has been taken out of the coaches hands...period! Dabo does not even have any say, he is told when the player may return. The medical staff could care less about the needs of the team.

Sep 29, 2018, 4:31 PM

Great point about Dabo and this coaching staff. That's why they continue to recruit at a high level! Kids can tell they are dealing with people who genuinely care about them and their future. And why Clemson will continue being a "blue blood" of the sport!
I have my doubt about a few other big name coaches who would have made that same move when they were down in the game. Gutsy and classy!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 4:37 PM

If you suffer two concussions in a short amount of time the brain has a high probability of total shutdown and comatose state can happen fast. Very scary and dangerous.

Google "second impact syndrome"

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,915
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic