Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the NCAA allows this 1 time transfer deal... Dabo should
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,259

If the NCAA allows this 1 time transfer deal... Dabo should

Feb 18, 2020, 8:43 AM

work a deal with Cutcliffe at Duke to become the "Clemson developmental program". HEAR ME OUT!

We recruit a kid with great potential, but we just don't have room or whatever. We tell him, go to Duke. At worst, you'll get a WORLD CLASS education with an incredible coach in Cutcliffe. If you continue to improve, then we will offer you a spot in 2 years.

It's truly a win-win for all parties involved. Duke will get some incredible football players that otherwise they would have no chance of getting. And the players will get an incredible education if they don't pan out for Clemson.

Genius.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the NCAA allows this 1 time transfer deal... Dabo should

Feb 18, 2020, 9:08 AM

Unfortunately I see this going the other direction. GT, NC State and Wake Forest will see an opportunity to grab back some of the 5 Star guys that leave for places like Georgia and Clemson. Would you put it past Ole Laptop Doreen to back door recruit our players (via 3rd party, ie parents or friends of the family) during the season? I wouldn’t. He’s been getting smashed over the head for years now. This could be a new angle.

Jus my too sense on this.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:33 AM

This already happens.

I'm not sure how the change in rules would make it any different.

Players, parents, handlers, etc already tell players sitting the bench at Clemson, Bama, OSU, and others that they could go anywhere else and be a star.

They tell them all you have to do is come up with some random excuse or hardship and the NCAA will let you be eligible immediately.

The new rule only changes things for the 10% of players who decided to leave who didn't win their appeal for immediate approval to play.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:55 AM

I agree but now they don’t sit out a year. The pitch is way more attractive.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:58 AM

That's part of my point.

The elite players that we are worried about people poaching have not been sitting out when they transfer.

The players with name recognition have been quietly (or sometimes not so quietly) made immediately eligible by the NCAA through the appeal process.

Feb 18, 2020, 10:11 AM

I like it - Duke will become the "Tri-County Tech" for Clemson's football Bridge program! Should we become the bridge school for Duke basketball also though?

I love it. It's exactly like the 2+2 program

Feb 18, 2020, 10:45 AM

between Tri County and Clemson except this is for football

Re: I love it. It's exactly like the 2+2 program

Feb 18, 2020, 10:51 AM

I believe that Coach Swinney enjoys the challenge of developing players himself rather than relying on another staff. I know that I like the way things are going.

Haha - Duke can change their uniform to say "Clemson Bridge"

Feb 18, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I love it. It's exactly like the 2+2 program ]

Maybe we do the same for them in basketball?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 10:57 AM

What if we have to start playing Duke every year in the ACCCG, and these guys love Cutcliffe and want to stay with Duke bc it would be a win win for them, they still maybe get drafted to the NFL, and they do get a great ed u ma cation at Duke.

But hey I'm all for it bc, as a lot of T-Netters know my story of a Duke drug study that actually save MY Life with a new Hip-C treatment, when the only Hep-C treatment available before I entered their drug study, it only had a 50/50 survival rate. And the Duke trail study meds completely eradicated the Hep-C blood virus from body, So H&LL Yes, I'm all for the good of Duke University with the Exception when we play them in Sports!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will need to consider accepting transfers

Feb 3, 2013, 1:22 PM

Could lose too many people each year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,259
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic