Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Balls in the House's court I suppose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 528

Balls in the House's court I suppose

May 29, 2019, 12:45 PM

Time to either put Trump up for an impeachement vote or shut up. This is what it all boils down to right now and Mueller even stated it for those who can comprehend it. Pelosi is gonna be forced to do it, though in truth she would like to avoid it but talk about it till 2020. So in my opinion it is time to fish or cut bait Nancy. If you choose to cut bait then never bring up the report again, NEVER.

This is not about anything other than doing what is right, time to make the stand. It does not matter that it could fail in the Senate, heck she may even be able to sway some Republican Senators given the words with which Mueller chose to leave the building.

Either get it rolling in the House or forever shut up on the subject. Mueller clearly laid out why and how and it is up to the House to begin it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the House Dems keep pushing impeachment

May 29, 2019, 12:47 PM

Trump wins 2020 easily!

Re: If the House Dems keep pushing impeachment

May 29, 2019, 12:50 PM

The ONLY thing he has to run on is the economy, might want to take a look at all those red numbers. If the economy is cooking along I agree he will win in 2020 , if he is not impeached before then. If not he is burnt toast. In my watching Mueller, the only conclusion I can come to is that Trump only avoided being charged due to being a sitting POTUS.

Interesting that it took the Mueller public statement today

May 29, 2019, 1:44 PM

for you to understand a basic fact that was contained in the Mueller Report. I say that not so much to be critical of you, but to point out the power of public testimony versus the release of a written report to relay the same basic information to the American People.

Trump and his minions understand this well and is why he continues to prevent anyone from testifying. Some would say he continues to obstruct justice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AG Barr proved how powerful public statements can be

May 29, 2019, 4:29 PM

in creating perception of facts.

Re: Interesting that it took the Mueller public statement today

May 29, 2019, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Interesting that it took the Mueller public statement today ]

Not really, I always knew this was the case on obstruction in fact. Sometimes I do like pushing others buttons to see what I get back. Trump basically set himself up to be charged with every statement and tweet.

Where I disagreed was on collusion, though he almost stumbled in to that to with the statement on TV asking the Russians to find those pesky HRC emails.

Mueller also pointed to the success of the obstruction

May 29, 2019, 6:43 PM

efforts in preventing him from getting the complete picture of what happened regarding conspiracy with a foreign government.

I'm just amazed that Mueller's publicly televised statement today would have such a profound impact on so many people's perceptions and understanding of what happened when everything he said was already publicly available in the Mueller Report.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the House Dems keep pushing impeachment

May 29, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to If the House Dems keep pushing impeachment ]

This is a great point. Remember how Gore coasted to victory in 2000?

Who cares? Don't "push" impeachment.

May 29, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to If the House Dems keep pushing impeachment ]

Impeach, or don't impeach. It sounds like Yoda, but Yoda was wise.

Re: Who cares? Don't "push" impeachment.

May 29, 2019, 1:05 PM

Impeach, or don't impeach. It sounds like Yoda, but Yoda was wise.

Yoda was wise....but he's no longer allowed on tnet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares? Don't "push" impeachment.

May 29, 2019, 1:06 PM

Honestly, I think the only way he won't win is

May 29, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to If the House Dems keep pushing impeachment ]

if the House impeaches him. It would be a lot wider of an investigation, his financials will come out and into play. Throughout the impeachment process, he will obstruct his keister off to keep any and all things related to his finances out of the public light. And if he is compelled to testify on his own behalf, he will hang himself by the rafters.

At this point it looks easy.

May 29, 2019, 1:28 PM [ in reply to If the House Dems keep pushing impeachment ]

We're a while away yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree...

May 29, 2019, 12:57 PM

Congressional leaders cannot complain when they have the power to address the situation. Otherwise, the complaining means nothing.

If it is the right thing to do, do it, even it it divides the country, even if it costs you 2020 votes. If it's not the right thing to do, don't do it, even if you would benefit politically.

If you put up a poll for all Americans. Would you rather Congress:

A. Vote to impeach
B. Vote to not impeach
C. Don't vote, just talk about the investigation

Can you imagine how few people would vote for option C? But that's what they are doing. It is not the will of the people. It is self-preservation for the politicians. Enough. The investigation is over. Act.

As our friend Clemsontiger1988 would say

May 29, 2019, 1:01 PM

"It's time for Pelosi to nut up or shut up!"

(I love that saying.) :)

Oh, Nancy has the stones but she also has enough political..

May 29, 2019, 1:26 PM

sense to know the dems will pay for it in 2020. The polls already show most American are fed up with the Mueller talk. I think that was a WAPO poll that showed 56% we against impeachment and I expect that number will go higher the more dems try to spin impeachment.

Right now the extreme left is the democrat base. Basically, POTUS hopefuls for 2020 are riding that as a path to being included in the upcoming debates and fund raising.

If dems even thought impeachment would help them it would be happening now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, Nancy has the stones but she also has enough political..

May 29, 2019, 1:29 PM

Polls? You like them when they fit your agenda but point out how wrong they were for HRC. Look, I am a fiscal conservative and fully want the House to begin Articles of Impeachment. I will be waiting by my phone for the pollsters to call .

You're accusing me of something we all practice.

May 29, 2019, 1:50 PM

That WAPO poll is the last poll. It's not Fox news or Britebart or a Hannity poll. I suspect most of your opinion on Trump agrees with WAPO writers so you should dismiss everything and not just what doesn't suit you.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Re: You're accusing me of something we all practice.

May 29, 2019, 6:32 PM

Polls? POLLS? We are talking about polls here? Look, polls are only as good as the range of people being asked, how the questions are structured and the honesty with which they are answered. Myself, I always give untruthful answers to polls.

Seems pointless at this point...

May 29, 2019, 1:02 PM

Unless the Dems think they have a smart strategy to make him and the GOP look terrible going into 2020. Otherwise, it seems it would be risky to them to bog us down in it only to know that the Senate will never impeach. Even if the Senate wanted to, they're too desperate to keep the White House in 2020.

But I guess see what public opinion says? I dunno.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Seems pointless at this point...

May 29, 2019, 1:27 PM

Screw that line of thinking because it is past time in all matters to put Nation ahead of party. I am a fiscal conservative that definately thinks Pelosi needs to begin Articles of Impeachment regardless of whether the Senate punts. If they punt on party lines instead of law then votes those bastages out in 2020 too.Time to upset the dang apple cart.

Many dems don't want to impeach Trump.

May 29, 2019, 1:21 PM

They don't mind holding an impeachment type trial without actually impeaching him. Somehow they've rationalized that if they don't actually impeach Trump they can avoid the harm impeachment will have on their campaign hopes and dreams.

Imo, either way America has and will continue to be fed up with the impeachment talk. The squeaky wheel gets the grease but when no one applies grease the squeaky wheel seizes and falls off if it keeps turning.

Once the investigation into his finances is complete, start

May 29, 2019, 1:34 PM

the impeachment proceedings. The scope of The Mueller Investigation was very limited to Russian interference in the election. To date, it has spun off about 29 separate and additional investigations not including those underway in the House. Once those facts are learned and the holes are filled in, and after a good bit of obstruction by this White House forcing the courts to step in make the information and witnesses available, the impeachment process should begin.

Contrary to the opinion of the current AG, no man is above the law and any future president should be discouraged from this type of behavior. Congress has a Constitutional responsibility to proceed. Though I doubt the Republican Senate has the political courage to find him guilty no matter what evidence they see, the public revelation of the facts and the difficulty of the process alone should discourage this president as well as any future presidents from this type of behavior while providing better balance of power to our government.

It does appear that this statement today from Mueller will result in a majority of the American People supporting the impeachment of the President.

you'll forgive me if I doubt your prognostication skills

May 29, 2019, 4:33 PM

Given no odds, you'd have at least a 50% shot at being right, and you aren't even getting that much correct.

Bless your little heart.

May 29, 2019, 5:27 PM

I know what you are really saying.

Thanks. I know.

Time to listen to The Who “Won’t Get Fooled Again” ...

May 29, 2019, 5:15 PM

sip a cool drink and maybe even take a hit or two off the pipe.

Seems we have been here before, learned nothing and returned to dance with our country’s demise. But that dance and the old music frees long forgotten memories — and that has entertainment value.

We survived the 60’s and 70’s and will likely do so again. All we can do is watch the show and vote in 2020. Interestingly, few will move from their existing positions between now and the election. But the politicians and news talking heads will continue to pound their drums. Turn the volume down and don’t shoot your neighbor.

Good think football season is less than 100 days away. A welcome reprieve for sure.

Replies: 25
| visibility 528
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic