Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If thUGA beats Bama today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

If thUGA beats Bama today

Dec 1, 2018, 7:14 AM

which teams get screwed over and left out of the playoff so they can put 2 SEC teams in?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If thUGA beats Bama today

Dec 1, 2018, 7:17 AM

I don't think it s about getting 2 SEC teams in. They would probably prefer a larger TV audience. It's about getting the 4 best most deserving teams in and that's why Bama will still go. That said, if Georgia wins, Oklahoma and Ohio State will be left out.

Dec 1, 2018, 7:26 AM

Alabama may not be one of the best teams. If they lose to Georgia. Oklahoma could be better then Alabama know one knows.

Dec 1, 2018, 7:33 AM

Bama is better than the Sooners even if Bama loses today. Just about everyone knows that. The Sooners have an awful D. Bama would put 80 on them.

Dec 1, 2018, 7:28 AM

Four most deserving teams!? The four most deserving teams are the ones that win their Conference Championships. And that includes Clemson, if we lose to Pitt tonight we don't deserve to be in the playoff.
You have NO idea how good teams are until they prove it on the field.

Ditto!***

Dec 1, 2018, 7:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Get rid of conference championship games and

Dec 1, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: If thUGA beats Bama today ]

go to an 8 team playoff. Out of 5 power 5 conferences only the big 10 has a true conference championship game and even then they have 3 tied right now. All the others have a true champ already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 7:31 AM

It's BCS all over again. There needs to be 8 teams imo. The conference championship is supposedly a huge metric for the committee, unless you're Bama, then you just fulfill the narrative.

Dec 1, 2018, 7:36 AM

Conference championship is important, but not the most important at all. Bama is a top 4 team. We all know that. Are we supposed to get excited when Ohio State beats Northwestern? The same Ohio State that was blown out by Purdue. I think some of our fans just want an easier path to win it all, so they don't want Bama there. I would prefer they get snubbed for that reason. That said, they deserve to be there and are a top 4 team.

Dec 1, 2018, 7:43 AM

I get what you're saying and I agree for the most part. But if UGAy beats them head to head and wins the SEC, I think UGAy should go and Bama sits home. Just my opinion.

I'm sure if UGA beats bama they will want bama to have

Dec 1, 2018, 8:07 AM

a rematch game to make it fair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: If thUGA beats Bama today ]

If UGA beats Bama today, UGA should be #1, we should be #2, ND #3 and Bama #4. Let UGA and Bama play again in the first round so only one SEC team makes it to the final. That would be fair.

@RavenTiger

Dec 1, 2018, 8:55 AM

No Way UGA jumps two undefeated teams!
Especially one who has stood toe to toe with Bamer and won it recently. And Heaven forbid the outcry if they jumped an undefeated and very large fan base Notre Dame!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: @HillRock

Dec 1, 2018, 9:00 AM

C'mon man! They are from the SEC. If there were a ranking above #1, they would deserve to be there … not down w/us common folk!

Re: @RavenTiger

Dec 1, 2018, 9:07 AM

LOL!
Yeah, I smell what you're cooking now!

Dec 1, 2018, 7:51 AM

Both OU, and OSU would be screwed.
If UGA wins, and Clemson wins, Clemson goes to #1 and probably plays Bama at # 4.Georgia, at # 2 would play Notre Dame at # 3.
If UGA loses, and I think they do, they are out, and either OU, or OSU, get in, but one would have to win.

What really matters to the committee

Dec 1, 2018, 8:00 AM

is Bama's ability to beat a bunch of teams with .500 and below records and look good doing it Conference championship doesn't apply to them. They get an asterisk.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Dec 1, 2018, 8:08 AM

I think it could be argued that Bama, even with a loss, deserves to be there ahead of ND who doesn't even play in a conference championship. I would lean towards that the Sooners, Ohio State, Bama, Clemson, and Georgia, are all better than ND.

CU vs. Bama 1st Round Scenario

Dec 1, 2018, 8:38 AM

Which SEC team is 3rd and which is 4th - . - . if uga beats bamer?

So, UGA would get ND in the 1st round and we would get "assuming ND doesn't mysteriously leap frog us for nostalgia sake" to #1, Bamer!

Sounds like 2017 all over again! Wouldn't be the worst thing in my opinion! Brent Venables with time to get the defense honed in to what Bamer does! Ask the high flying high scoring O 31 ) st. how that worked out for them!

Won't matter. Bamer wins today by 14. Bamers closest game of the year!

Re: CU vs. Bama 1st Round Scenario

Dec 1, 2018, 8:40 AM

p.s. ain't nobody scared of bamer! It's football and you want to play the best! Tigers will rise to the occasion when the game happens ( ( we have to beat Pitt 1st of course for the people who hate not taking one game at a time. . . p.s. I can do that as a fan. . . the team just can't) ). Beat whoever and walk off into the sunset National Champions!

Dec 1, 2018, 8:42 AM

I think some of our fans are. They want Bama knocked out now to make our path easier. I understand why though.

Dec 1, 2018, 8:51 AM

Carlsbad® yeah, I get it. And you are 100% correct! I just don't get why they are scared of Bamer like that. To me the SEC o.o.c schedule wasn't the best; so how good are the teams there really? They will have a tremendous OOC win% but who was the competition?

Then they get into conference play that is "supposedly so rough it justifies the cupcake schedule" and everyone forms these invincible opinions of them. Bamer has won what 5 of the last 7 NC so yeah, they are probably that good. I just don't think the rest of the conference they was beating up on was that good though! The scores were warped out of proportion of ranked teams that maybe should not have been ranked. Ole Miss and Arkansas were horrible this year! Then throw in a few cupcakes and they nearly at wins right there. Miss. St. Vandy. Tennessee was up and down. In short, you have to have bought in to how good the bamer competition was to be so scared to play them. Was our competition this year off the charts? No. But, once we settled in we beat our competition like it as well!

Also, you get very nearly a month to prepare for bowl games! Can't forget that!

ESPN story covered some of these scenarios (link)

Dec 1, 2018, 8:39 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedaykickoff113018/alabama-clemson-ohio-state-oklahoma-loses-happens-then

The CFP was largely formed to make money

Dec 1, 2018, 8:46 AM

I can assure you that everyone involved (including ESPN) would absolutely love to have Bama, ND, and Ohio State, 3 of the 4 biggest brands in CFB, all in the playoff. Georgia winning likely means choosing between Ohio State and Bama and that's a loss in terms of terms of revenue. Why would they want that?

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic