Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't Dabo make a decision?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Why can't Dabo make a decision?

Sep 4, 2018, 11:32 AM

KB or Sunshine. Make a decision and stick with it. No sense in dragging both along as dual starters.

It's obviously has to be KB due to the run threat. Stop dangling the carrot in front of sunshine. He will be the starter soon enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Im gonna stop you right there

Sep 4, 2018, 11:36 AM

1. T-Law clearly asked not to be called Sunshine. Sunshine is a coot. William ain't no coot.

2. If Satan (haha, Saban, get it?!) don't have to choose a QB, why does Dabo have to?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Im gonna stop you right there

Sep 4, 2018, 11:47 AM

Saban did choose one this am.It wasn’t hurts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Member for four years

Sep 4, 2018, 11:51 AM

228 points
79% Pulse.

Sounds like a coot to me!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably cause he doesn't have to...

Sep 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

maybe

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dabo made a decision

Sep 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

KB is the starter. Lawrence is the sub. Lawrence was used in a certain way against Furman. Lawrence will most likely be used in a different way against Texas A&M. This is not really all that different than how Clemson uses most of its back up players. They have different roles in different games.

Would you prefer them to now allow Lawrence to play at all? Then we will turn in to all of these other programs who only play starters and if there is an injury or when a player graduates, it takes the next player several games at least to get comfortable filling the role. Our reserves are typically ready to play when called upon because they are frequently called upon.

Also the subs who are almost as good as the starters get to play more than the subs who are not comparable to the starters. I think that makes sense too.

A certain way?

Sep 4, 2018, 11:40 AM

There's a difference between getting the kid playing time and using a kid a certain way. The way you stated makes it sound like we have a dual QB system. We don't. Let sunshine play when he can. But don't pretend like we bring him in in certain game time situations other than we are up by a lot.

We were only up by 10 when he came in....

Sep 4, 2018, 11:41 AM

not exactly a score that calls for playing reserves.

Against Furman

Sep 4, 2018, 11:42 AM

We could start our back ups and still win effortlessly

Re: Against Furman

Sep 4, 2018, 11:46 AM

Don't give a crap who it was against...up by 10 isn't "up by a lot". Both QB's played equal amounts of drives, split through the first 3 quarters. They did not in any way bring in TL as a "mop up duty" backup.

Which is exactly my point. Dabo knows his starter is

Sep 4, 2018, 11:48 AM

KB. Why keep dragging sunshine along like he has a shot?

Re: Which is exactly my point. Dabo knows his starter is

Sep 4, 2018, 11:51 AM

Dabo's a great manager of his team...you think he's going to decide before Kelly is past eligibility to red shirt and transfer? Once he takes the first snap in the 5th game, he's no longer eligible. Might want to think about that.

So Dabo is going to drag them along so they can't leave?

Sep 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

doesn't sound like a good manager to me.

Re: So Dabo is going to drag them along so they can't leave?

Sep 4, 2018, 12:00 PM

Doesn't sound lie a team player if he'd already want to leave. Did you miss the story that came out during fall camp about Kelly contemplating transferring? As Dabo says, you earn it on the field. But what if he feels TL does earn it? He should let his team take the hit because Kelly decides when he loses the spot that was earned in fair competition by Trevor, he should pack up his ball and run? That's not being a team leader then for Kelly, is it? But is is Dabo managing the team so Kelly is still utilized in the offense. They'd still play both, just Kelly might become more situational. If it's earned, what's the problem with that?

If sunshine earns it then Dabo should give KB

Sep 4, 2018, 12:02 PM

the option to be able to leave for somewhere that he can start.

Making him stay at Clemson and be second string to a kid will still be there after KB graduates is not fair to KB.

Re: If sunshine earns it then Dabo should give KB

Sep 4, 2018, 12:05 PM

Wait, it's not fair to a guy that already contemplated transferring and changed his mind and decided to stay? When he chose to stay, he made the choice that he was staying, regardless the outcome. Dabo clearly has told all of them they don't have a lifetime contract...that includes kelly. He made the choice the first time knowing that. If Kelly wanted to worry about fair, maybe he should have transferred before the season started. Now that season has started, Dabo has to worry about his team and keeping Kelly on it, even if he doesn't stay starter.

His name is

Sep 4, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to If sunshine earns it then Dabo should give KB ]

Moonbeam

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Why can't Dabo make a decision?

Sep 4, 2018, 11:41 AM

Tell you what... why can't you just cheer and let Dabo coach?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 11:42 AM

Tell you what... why can't you just cheer and let Dabo coach?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COOT ALERT***

Sep 4, 2018, 11:43 AM

He has. He will use both KB and Trevor(Sunshine is not his name).

Case closed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

That's not a decision

Sep 4, 2018, 11:52 AM

I can't decide if I want chicken or hamburger for lunch so I'll have both.

Not a decision.

Yes it is.

Sep 4, 2018, 11:59 AM

You decided to have both. That's how it works. That's how all of this works.

I think we are using the first 3 games to let both of them play before picking a clear cut starter. After one game, it would appear that they are running neck and neck. However, Furman did not present the defensive challenge that TAM will. Expect Jimbo to play defense against Bryant the same way that Bama did. He will blitz early and often, and figure that Bryant will throw to the outside, or try to run.When TL enters, he will play more coverage, and not blitz. Will be interesting to see how both QB's challenge their D.

If Jimbo stays in coverage against a pocket passer like

Sunshine, he doesn't need to be coaching. A young guy like that who can't run you put pressure on to force his throws. If you flush KB, he can hurt you with his legs.

You, clearly, have not seen TL run

Sep 4, 2018, 11:48 AM

The kid glides down the field like a faster version of DW4

You're saying he's a better runner than KB?

Sep 4, 2018, 11:49 AM

I disagree. Also KB has the experience. We all know who the starter is. Go ahead and set it Dabo.

Sorry, but that's a lie.***

Sep 4, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to You, clearly, have not seen TL run ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's too

Sep 4, 2018, 12:13 PM [ in reply to You, clearly, have not seen TL run ]

tall to run. Heck, he's too tall to play QB. He needs to take up midget rasslin.

Re: If Jimbo stays in coverage against a pocket passer like

Sep 4, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to If Jimbo stays in coverage against a pocket passer like ]

I look at it different. You want to flush Bryant from the pocket. He stinks at throwing while on the run. TL however, is not bad at it. Anyway, it will be interesting. that's why they play the games.

there's no movie character on Clemson's team***

Sep 4, 2018, 11:44 AM

Sunshine jr.***

look man I don't know what type of coach you is but

Sep 4, 2018, 11:45 AM

maybe where you are FB stands for Fresh Beatbox or somethin cause it cain't be football. LOL Coot ! All in!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

first impression Lawrence

he is a freshman. he will improve and I think will be quite successful.

He seemed VERY nervous in the pocket on his first series.

His stance was too wide and showed sloppy footwork. I told my wife "he has Happy feet"

a couple of his throws were off of his back foot and he did not follow through. That arm strength worked in high school and against Furman, but it will not work against D1 defenses.

I thought KellyB was a little nervous on his first series as well. He was over rotating his shoulders and throwing the ball in the dirt in front of the receivers.

Overall, both played well. However, KellyB is our best chance to get to Santa Clara IMO.

I am prepared to take my lashings now.

I don't know. Let me think on it a while and I'll answer.

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Dabo come to your job and protest at the way...

Sep 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

you teach? I'm wondering how you would handle this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 12:17 PM

After this week we will know for sure who should get the most snaps.
Whoever plays the best will be the starter and not come out until mop up duty.
We should blow just about everyone out this year.
Meaning all 3 QBs will get their chance

Quit calling him Sunshine

Sep 4, 2018, 12:17 PM

Respect the guy as he's plainly said he likes to be called "Trevor." I just don't understand why supposed Tiger fans would want to disrespect their own. Makes no sense. Go TIGERS

If he doesn't want to be called sunshine he shouldn't

Sep 4, 2018, 12:20 PM

look like sunshine

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic