Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If only some of you armchair OC's could coach the offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

If only some of you armchair OC's could coach the offense

Sep 28, 2019, 10:32 PM

We might just win 20 games in a row... or something

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If only some of you armchair OC's could coach the offense

Sep 28, 2019, 10:39 PM

Give me coach BV to go against all summer and every week in practice, leave me Deshaun Watson and coach Chad Morris’ playbook, a couple of grad assistants, 200 - 500K, 3-5* recruits, and NO PROBLEM !

Sep 28, 2019, 10:45 PM

You'd have no problem winning 20 in a row? We've already accomplished that. We're so spoiled as a fan base if we don't blow the other team off the field, we think there is a problem. I remember the Hatfield/West/Bowden days. I'll take a 20 game win streak any time over losing to Wake and being blown out by NC State. Clemson thought they could just show up and UNC would roll over. Didn't happen. Good news is,... we won..

Sep 28, 2019, 10:50 PM

I honestly thought NC played phenomenal. My problem is the lack of creativity and adjustments. At times the defense of NC appeared mentally a step ahead

Sep 28, 2019, 11:00 PM

Mac Brown is a good coach who hired good assistants. Sometimes we Clemson fans seem to dismiss this fact about other teams. I have no issue about this year's team. They are 5-0, and what happened last year is history. The only concern is beat Florida State in 2 weeks. Fans can stress about a 1 point W all they want, but we at 5-0 and all the goals are still on the table.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: If only some of you armchair OC's could coach the offense ]

Give me coach BV to go against all summer and every week in practice, leave me Deshaun Watson and coach Chad Morris’ playbook, a couple of grad assistants, 200 - 500K, 3-5* recruits, and NO PROBLEM !

Like I told another gent on here a little while ago, there is no way you actually believe that. No way. If you really thought you could do that, you’d be a winning college football coach of some kind. Perhaps you are. I don’t know., but I highly doubt it since you’re on a college sports rant board talking about how much better you can coach than two guys who have TWO national championships (with two different QBs) and one national runner-up. It’s not all Coach Venables. He is certainly awesome, but his side of the ball doesn’t score all the points, and the last time I looked, Clemson has had some pretty potent offenses since Chad Morris left in 2014. I think they are both pretty dang good coaches.

Sep 28, 2019, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: If only some of you armchair OC's could coach the offense ]

Because lord knows we were winning NC’s with Morris here and that Morris has been doing a lot of winning since leaving here. We all know too that we’re the only team in the country that gets high rated recruits.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic