Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson Homecoming ceremonies canceled, graduation rescheduled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,671

TNET: Clemson Homecoming ceremonies canceled, graduation rescheduled

Sep 18, 2020, 1:40 PM

Clemson Homecoming ceremonies canceled, graduation rescheduled

Clemson president Jim Clements announced the following in a letter on Friday: Homecoming Canceled We have made the difficult decision to cancel Homecoming activ Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If masks work, why is something more than a month out being canceled?***

Sep 18, 2020, 2:25 PM

Re: If masks work, why is something more than a month out being canceled?***

Sep 18, 2020, 4:03 PM

Why is an outdoor activity with limitless distancing possibilities cancelled in October and an indoor activity where distancing is limited going forward in late November?

Re: If masks work, why is something more than a month out being canceled?***

Sep 19, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to If masks work, why is something more than a month out being canceled?*** ]

It is not obvious that masks work when you check out COVID statistics. Yes, I know in theory they should work, and both Joe Biden and Donald Trump say they work, but I don't believe everything that I am told.

In Nash County, the quantity of COVID death (33 of 37 deaths have occurred after mask mandate (almost all were elderly and co-morbid)) and cases have skyrocketed since the June 26 mask mandate by Governor Cooper while hospitalizations are down. The virus is going to do what the virus is going to do.

On the bright side we will eventually get through this as Sweden has (Just 13 deaths reported in first 14 days of September (compared to about 11,000 in USA (about 32 times more populace)for same period ). Sweden is a country that did not shut down schooling for under 16 year olds and did not lock down nor mandate masks. Cumulative death rate for Sweden is less than UK, USA, Belgium, Spain.

Must be trying to get a job at B1G

Sep 18, 2020, 4:44 PM

School

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson Homecoming ceremonies canceled, graduation rescheduled

Sep 18, 2020, 7:49 PM

To my knowledge the only time they held a graduation at Memorial Stadium was May 2002 and it was a disaster. I was one of the members of that graduating class. It was held at the stadium bc Little John was under renovation. Not long after the graduates started to walk across the stage a crazy thunderstorm came through. Ive never been so wet in my entire life. I had to pick up my diploma later at the concession stands.

Total nightmare. Im shocked that they were considering trying that again.

Sep 18, 2020, 10:43 PM

Some people wanted my daughter's HS graduation to be held in the school stadium, although that had not happened in the 60-year history of the school. All 15 or so Greenville County graduations were held at The Well this year. About 10 minutes into the ceremony we had a horrendous thunderstorm, kind of unusual for 9 am. Sometimes the people who plan these things know what they're doing!!

Sep 19, 2020, 10:46 AM

More lawyer driven decisions by Clemson admin.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,671
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic