Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE to choose between Clemson and SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE to choose between Clemson and SC

May 26, 2020, 8:01 AM

Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE to choose between Clemson and South Carolina

Clemson and South Carolina are set to do battle again Tuesday, this time for one of the prized defensive end prospects in the state of North Carolina. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to understand

May 26, 2020, 8:09 AM

A kid dreaming of being a space engineer even considering the two Carolinas. Wonder why he eliminated NCSU? They have that program in their engineering department.

Yeah, NCSU would make more sense.

May 26, 2020, 10:54 AM

Once of my kids works for an aerospace company and she was ChemE. Aerospace hires a lot of EEs as well and MEs and Structural

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Space engineering

May 26, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Hard to understand ]

Shouldn’t he be looking at Georgia Tech or Purdue?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely true

May 26, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Hard to understand ]

NCSU would be a great choice as far as a degree goes, but who could put up with Doorknob on the FB field?? UNC does not have any engineering and USC has 'Computer Engineering'(which is DOS based on a Commodore 64) and 'Civil Engineering' which is a joke because they really only deal with the soil aspect and not structural projects.

If he is not a Tiger tonight, that would go into the "Not smart" category.

Re: TNET: Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE choose between Clemson and South Carolina

May 26, 2020, 8:09 AM

Sounds like if he and his mom want to check all the right boxes, then the decision should be an easy one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hate to see kids throw away their playing career

May 26, 2020, 8:10 AM

Do you want to play for National championships or for 3rd in your division?

A kid like this, that they see like Isaiah, would be smart to learn from Brent Venables. He’s not a top top prospect, but can work his way up into the first round with the right mentors.

Re: I really hate to see kids throw away their playing career

May 26, 2020, 3:06 PM

Dang you’re being really generous with finishing 3rd at u of sc. they’ve finished 2nd once, 4th twice, and 5th once with Chump at the helm.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE choose between Clemson and South Carolina

May 26, 2020, 8:14 AM

A young man who is as smart as he is should understand why Clemson is a far better choice than Chicken U. Sure hope that he makes the right choice for his football and academic future.

May 26, 2020, 8:17 AM

If they want “the safest place”, how’s USuC even being considered?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 8:37 AM

Great point! My thoughts, too, as well as the engineering desire. If he wants to become an engineer, how is usuc even in consideration?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE choose between Clemson and South Carolina ]

They prioritize safety and education. Add in he wants to be an Engineer and this was has no mystery surrounding it. He will be a Tiger, no concerns.

May 26, 2020, 10:51 AM

If he isn't a Tiger, I smell something rotten going on here. I don't think a guy this smart makes that kind of mistake by choosing the biddies.

May 26, 2020, 9:34 AM

Well about everybody that works at 247 are predicting Clemson by 80-100% sure!!!

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Zaire-Patterson-at-Winston-Salem-Prep-225322/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This won't be a battle at all once he sees how much

May 26, 2020, 9:39 AM

drip Dabo has. No other coaches can compete with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If his HS coach is unsure in that Patterson eliminated his original #1 choice in UNC..

May 26, 2020, 9:57 AM

then who is to say he is headed to Clemson automatically.

I await 5pm announcement with fingers crossed especially since his MaMa is the boss at home..

and we’ve had more than one of them like usc or auburn or ole missy.

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If his HS coach is unsure in that Patterson eliminated his original #1 choice in UNC..

May 26, 2020, 10:28 AM

Again... yes they prioritize safety and education in an engineering field. Neither of those two things say Columbia. He will be a Tiger.

The older I get (over 60 now)...

May 26, 2020, 1:57 PM [ in reply to This won't be a battle at all once he sees how much ]

...the more my drip increases.

Is that a good thing?

Re: Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE to choose between Clemson and SC

May 26, 2020, 10:31 AM

This one feels like a made-for-PR arrangement where the kid has committed to SCar and Muschump has him staging it as a head-to-head showdown.
Space engineering? Come on. The so-called space program at SCar is akin to a club sport compared to varsity. If he’s all that then a mechanical degree from Clemson, coupled with an aerospace masters from GT, NCSU or any number of places would be far superior to what’s available here in Columbia.
In fact, a kid that smart should be committing to Air Force or one the other service academies.

Maybe I’m wrong on this one. Wherever he ends up, I hope he accomplishes his dreams.

WL

May 26, 2020, 3:52 PM

I agree. Sounds like SC to me. #29 DE on ESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 8:46 PM

247 sports shows strong prediction for Clemson. Earlier commenter pointed this out.

May 26, 2020, 8:48 PM

Well sorry, I’m behind. He already went Clemson today.

May 26, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Rivalry Battle: Top North Carolina DE to choose between Clemson and SC ]

Happy to be wrong

WL

May 26, 2020, 10:55 AM

There are wishes and opinions here. But what is the insider’s talk/crystal ball on where he’s leaning?

Win win as always

May 26, 2020, 12:28 PM

because if he doesn't choose the obvious better program in almost every aspect, then he wasn't a fit there anyway and they didn't need him

Not really a battle or a big decision, it's just common

May 26, 2020, 1:58 PM

sense! It's CLEMSON!!

Said it before, and will say it again. Any recruit that

May 27, 2020, 1:04 PM

has USuk in their final groop is probably someone we don't want. There is just no comparison in our two cultures, and if said recruit can't see the difference, they are obviously lacking in good judgement.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic