Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Five-star WR Justyn Ross and family making final decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Five-star WR Justyn Ross and family making final decision

Feb 4, 2018, 9:01 AM

Five-star WR Justyn Ross and family making final decision

All of the official visits have been taken, and all three head coaches have made their recruiting pitch while making a final in-home visit. The rest is up to 5-star wide receiver Justyn Ross. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expecting the worst hoping for the best.

Feb 4, 2018, 9:12 AM

On their side the kid can play at home. On our side no one offers the quality of class and the class of quality OBs to toss the ball like Clemson. I can watch this kid's decision and say 'That's what I expected,' if he goes with Bama/AU or 'WOW, my surprise is almost as intense as my delight!'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...understandably a tough decision.***

Feb 4, 2018, 9:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Five-star WR Justyn Ross and family making final decision

Feb 4, 2018, 9:37 AM

The “and family” part scares me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ YeP, the Family being Comfortable Part Tells Me

Feb 4, 2018, 9:42 AM

We're ALL-IN. Should be a Breeze what with DaBO's easy to play for personality plus Ross knowing if he picks one Alabama state school over the other means problems for him & family...

so go to Clemson! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he doesn't want to upset either fan base in Alabama or

Feb 4, 2018, 9:41 AM

family members the best choice is Clemson. Takes the instate issue off the table!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he doesn't want to upset either fan base in Alabama or

Feb 4, 2018, 9:50 AM

and to add to your statement Ross said" I would still like to play for my state
but I do not know for sure yet" It sounds like Clemson has really done a
great job with Ross. The #1 HS player getting out of Alabama is a huge
deal. I think it will be a hard decision but I still think he is suited up
in the orange and white when it is all said and done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed. What a steal it would be!***

Feb 4, 2018, 9:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Tigers

Feb 4, 2018, 10:09 AM

Got a real good linebacker out of Phoenix City several years ago but I can’t remember his name. Perhaps it was Crawford. Anyone remember who this was?

Believe he was from Columbus Ga Carver HS.***

Feb 4, 2018, 11:10 PM

Corey Crawford DE.***

Feb 4, 2018, 11:12 PM

"... I'll be staying there the next two or three years."

Feb 4, 2018, 10:27 AM

Dang! He must be really good to leave after 2 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "... I'll be staying there the next two or three years."

Feb 6, 2018, 8:24 AM

I hate this attitude of kids these days. That dang microwave invention destroyed our character trait of patience.

The next two or three years?

Feb 4, 2018, 10:43 AM

Is there a new rule coming for early departures to the NFL?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: The next two or three years?

Feb 4, 2018, 11:00 AM

He is probably going to Bama for two years then transferring to Clemson to play two years on a championship team!

Re: The next two or three years?

Feb 4, 2018, 4:27 PM

Yeah because bama will never win a championship.

Feb 4, 2018, 11:11 AM

Unfortunately at this point, I think he is going to choose Bama. Not expecting him to choose the Tigers. Really sounds like he wants to represent his state.

Feb 4, 2018, 11:29 AM

I agree with you. "Wants to play for his state" sounds like Bama to me.

Feb 4, 2018, 11:33 AM

I wish basketball players had the same loyalty

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2018, 11:54 AM

I wish Clemson's basketball program was as good as Alabama's football program. Sure would make it a lot easier for an in state phenom to stay home.

Feb 4, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Five-star WR Justyn Ross and family making final decision ]

I agree. And he wants to do what's best for him, not for his aunts and uncles.

Feb 4, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Five-star WR Justyn Ross and family making final decision ]

I agree. I think he's a homie, and why would be Auburn if 'bama wants him?

I have thought for a couple of weeks that we are not ....

Feb 4, 2018, 11:33 AM

getting Ross, so it will be a pleasant surprise if we land him and a meh moment if we don't.

Re: I have thought for a couple of weeks that we are not ....

Feb 4, 2018, 11:55 AM

I'm quite confident he will choose Alabama. Nonetheless when you finish a relatively close 2nd for the top player in Alabama and recruiting against Saban, that is sort of like a win. Clemson will be fine without Ross, and Ross will go on to have mild to moderate success at Alabama, unless Saban finally makes changes to offense. In the end, his families desires win out.

If he is great he will have a good career at whatever school

Feb 4, 2018, 12:03 PM

he chooses. I feel great about our WR's at Clemson. The main reason I want Ross is so that Bama doesn't get him, but not because we need him badly.

one thing for sure

Feb 4, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I have thought for a couple of weeks that we are not .... ]

Should he choose to attend Alabama or Auburn the football program at Clemson will not suddenly collapse!

He would be a welcome addition to our already powerful, championship winning team but we are in rather good shape with or without him! The only thing we can promise him is a great education and playing on one of the best teams in college football. Easy choice really.

I think he loves Clemson!!

Feb 4, 2018, 12:01 PM

I have thought he would be a Tiger from the beginning and I believe the love of the Tiger family will win out.

Paint him orange he wants to be Legendary at WRU!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Justyn/Justyn's Family let me help you...

Feb 4, 2018, 12:15 PM

Auburn Receivers in the NFL: 2
Auburn Premier Receivers in the NFL: 0

Alabama Receivers in the NFL: 4
Alabama Premier Receivers in the NFL: 1-2

Clemson Receivers in the NFL: 7
Clemson Premier Receivers in the NFL: 3-4

Yes, Alabama has more championships. Clemson has more NFL receivers even WITH Alabama having a longer period of being premier. You will represent your state in the NFL regardless of where you go to college. You will make far more in the NFL than you/your family may make while you are in college. Go to the place that gives you the best opportunity to meet your NFL dreams.

That said, go where your heart is. If that's Clemson, we'd love to have you continue the #WRU tradition. If that's not, we will still respect your game and do our best to beat you.

GO TIGERS!

Re: Justyn/Justyn's Family let me help you...

Feb 4, 2018, 4:38 PM

Who are the 3-4 premier receivers in the nfl from clemson? I count only Hopkins. Watkins hasn’t done much at all in the nfl, Williams is just getting started so we don’t know about him, Brown and humphries are solid but not close to premier.

Meanwhile you say bama has 1-2 premier receivers. If it’s definitely 2. Cooper and Jones are without a doubt premier go to guys.

I probably included one that I shouldn't have

Feb 4, 2018, 11:22 PM

If you are going to count Amari Cooper (which I will agree on), then you also have to count Sammy Watkins. They both have had two great seasons and a season this year that was very good. The only difference is Sammy had one bad season in 2016. I also counted M. Bryant, but looking at his stats that was probably not justified - he is solid, but not premier. I also used a projection on Mike Williams which shows some bias as well. So, while the total numbers are correct and Clemson has more of the solid-level WR's (Bryant, Humphries, Brown), the number of premier receivers is probably 1-2 for both Clemson and Alabama - depending on if you count Cooper and Watkins. I believe that you either count both or neither, so it's pretty equal there in my book.

Message was edited by: kgpittm®

Feb 4, 2018, 10:43 PM

Anyone notice that he looks miserable in this photo? I know they don the uniform for picks and put on the tough guy face but I see extreme discomfort in his eyes. Worse than Ralphie in the pink bunny suit in the movie "A Christmas Story". Come on dude!! Prove me wrong and become a Tiger!!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic