Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND seems CONFIDENT to land shipley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

ND seems CONFIDENT to land shipley

May 3, 2020, 6:59 AM

At least based on their other recruits comments. Would love to see him and Stellato come in this class though!!!

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/ContentGallery/What-Recruit-Does-Notre-Dame-Have-The-Best-Shot-to-Land-in-2021-146161396/?fbclid=IwAR1PyslH4Whwh2PgDb_ZYp4t7gn6wDboGKk9LoectArA6tGzibhzpNOkBQc

Message was edited by: MoneyMike23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND seems CONFIDENT to land shipley

May 3, 2020, 7:07 AM

Hope we land him, but luckily we will already have a complete stud on campus who will only be a sophomore when Shipley enrolls. Hope we land him obviously though, but not worried either way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2020, 11:02 AM

Exactly. I would love for Clemson to get him, but DB...he could be a record-breaker.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 3, 2020, 11:05 AM

Demarkcus Bowman

May 3, 2020, 11:07 AM

Yes...corrected

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 3, 2020, 10:16 AM

"once he flies into South Bend then the distance is not bad" Now that's funny.

These responses seem manufactured, good tactic

May 3, 2020, 10:53 AM

But it will not work. Any school reporter can ask and chop up questions and answers and urge commits to say what they want to shape a story. Hood has the skills to do it, I’m sure if he wanted. Gotta give them credit for pulling out all the stops. Crazy that now we are the “flashy” school. Flashy=fickle..... Notre Dame will get embarrassed this fall by us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If flashy means going to the playoff every year then ...

May 3, 2020, 11:06 AM

go ahead, call us flashy!

Going to be fun seeing their coach lose his mind on the sideline next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If flashy means going to the playoff every year then ...

May 3, 2020, 11:35 AM

We only have the edge on ND with our coaching staff, recent head to head ,campus,
facilities,weather and national championships.
Can’t argue that they lead for him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2020, 12:13 PM

I would not step on the field for their feeble-minded coach either!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: If flashy means going to the playoff every year then ... ]

recent National Championships. They claim many, but only one since 1977 and that would be Spittin’ Lou in 1988. They have a trophy case. It’s just very, very dusty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 3, 2020, 4:15 PM

Meant to say recent.Some IVY league school probably has a national championship in days of yore.Mr. Shipley should be aware that when it rains, it only does when the Fighting Whiners have the ball.A real disadvantage to playing for them.

May 3, 2020, 10:54 PM

I think the context here is important. They're not being asked "are you 100% sure we will get Will Shipley?" They're being asked of the remaining undecided prospects who is most likely. Even if they thought there was anywhere from 30-60% chance Shipley still may be the correct response then.

We have gone all in on Shipley from the start and I think the playing time opportunity is a huge factor for him. Right now we can offer the same strength of schedule/exposure (we play Clemson/Ohio State/Wisconsin I think 7 combined times in the next 3-4 seasons) and outside of 2020 APB Chris Tyree, our current stable of backs is heavily depleted. Add to the fact that our RB coach coached Christian McCaffrey, who is Shipley's idol and has talked to Shipley about that coach, and I think this will be a tight race.

May 4, 2020, 5:04 PM

Notre Dame was a legendary football factory in the 1920's, 1940's and 1960's and last touched gridiron greatness with Coach Lou in 1988 - and Notre Dame is a 1st class academic university. Conversely, Brian Kelly has no pedigree -- Grand Valley St, Central Mich and Cincinnati and had play calling responsibilities pulled from him a few years ago.

The young man will have to make a tough decision between Notre Dames's ghosts and academics and Clemson's current coaching, playing and recruiting superiority. It sounds like the McCaffrey connection and p.t. favor Notre Dame. But only Shipley knows for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember them feeling confident last Winter too.

May 3, 2020, 11:14 PM

And last year too, if memory serves me correct.

They are good at having confidence, then not following

May 5, 2020, 5:58 PM

through.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About that Irish self-confidence...

May 5, 2020, 6:12 PM

May 5, 2020, 11:58 PM

I don't believe many ND fans (or coaches) were confident about Shipley. He was slipping away and they knew it was over when he would decide before visiting them.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic