Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Meeting with Stoops and Venables details
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Football Update: Meeting with Stoops and Venables details

Jan 16, 2012, 7:32 PM

Meeting with Stoops and Venables details

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Meeting with Stoops and Venables details

Jan 16, 2012, 7:36 PM

One can only assume he likes his pay or Dabo blew OK out the water

Re: Re: Football Update: Meeting with Stoops and Venables details

Jan 16, 2012, 7:40 PM

Maybe using us for a raise or maybe he's not been offered?

Jan 16, 2012, 8:23 PM

I think I'd rather have someone fighting for the position than one that plays hard to get.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Negotiations an coach speak

Jan 16, 2012, 8:30 PM

I wouldn't try to read between the lines in anything that comes out until it is final.

I'd prefer that OU is fighting to keep him

Jan 16, 2012, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Football Update: Meeting with Stoops and Venables details ]

as opposed to them showing him the door. At least we know he's still valuable in their eyes.

Re: I'd prefer that OU is fighting to keep him

Jan 16, 2012, 11:18 PM

I agree. If he was old news, the red carpet would be on OK's side.

That being said, if they open up the kitty to keep him, more power to him. I like that fact that of the top 2 on the list each brings good stuff. Either that or maybe we can promote on of our hot up-and-coming assistants to be the next Ward

Jan 16, 2012, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Football Update: Meeting with Stoops and Venables details ]

He's had an offer. Why else would there be a decision to make.

Jan 16, 2012, 10:08 PM

We all here on T-Net know how fan talk on message boards are. Only read half of what is written, and believe none. So, atleast 90% of what I've read over at the OU side are hoping that Venables takes the job. They claim that the last two years that their D hasn't been nothing to brag about. Are they pissed off fans b/c of the idea that Venables went testing the waters else where. Hard to judge! I know that most are glad that Mike Stoops is back. My point here is. I sure as H&ll hope that Dabo knows what he is doing in hiring a rock solid DC for Clemson. I would hate for us to get stuck with a higher paid Steele with a new contract. I know that if Dabo is wrong with what ever he does with this hire of a DC. It will probably mean his job. But the suffering of the Alums, the fans, and the students that matters most to me. Just sayin, and I hope he makes the right choice for all our sake....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Venebles is not "All In" with

Jan 16, 2012, 10:16 PM

Clemson Dabo needs to go a different direction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Venebles is not "All In" with

Jan 16, 2012, 11:20 PM

That All in business is getting old. In a job where a bad season can cost you a job, I think they have the right to be selective.

agreed..."all in" is soooo played*******

Jan 17, 2012, 8:30 AM

give the guy time. this is a major decision and deserves

Jan 17, 2012, 7:26 AM [ in reply to If Venebles is not "All In" with ]

time. if you were making a very large decision, i hope it would not be a quick one. wise decisions usually take time

Re: give the guy time. this is a major decision and deserves

Jan 17, 2012, 9:53 AM

it is a big decision however saying you have no timetable is not right.. we need to go ahead and hire someone and not drag this out..the defensive recruits need to know what to expect.. we could lose some if this takes too long...If Venables is only waiting to see what OK will counteroffer and really is not interested we do need to move on...

Blevins has his own agenda.

Jan 16, 2012, 10:35 PM

He's a homer for OK.

His tweets are fairly transparent...sprinkled with Clemson insults...as if how could BV seriously consider stepping "down" from the OU "level"(aside from the little Stoops problem which exists, now)?

Of course, he suggests the issue for BV could simply be resolved by OU throwing more money at him - disregarding the fact that this issue is a bit beyond simply money.

Some of these OU beat "journalists" makes me understand OSU's absolute "joy" on those infrequent occasions when they beat OU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 'no decision' means CU is still finalizing the

Jan 16, 2012, 11:28 PM

details, i.e. background checks, interviewing state required 3 candidates, finalizing contract, yada, yada, yada. What else do you expect him to say?

Jan 17, 2012, 7:50 AM

say OK has not so good year. Is Venerables out with little bro being the
better DC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would we want someone whose defense is only ranked a

Jan 17, 2012, 8:02 AM

few spots better than ours? I saw Dabo should look at the FCS for a top 5 over 5 years kind of guy/gal. (I'm not against women coaching football...I ain't for it, but I ain't against it neither)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

really?

Jan 17, 2012, 11:46 AM

wow

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic