Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Trevor L. is a DAWG what's plan B with '18 QB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,962

If Trevor L. is a DAWG what's plan B with '18 QB?

Oct 14, 2016, 8:21 AM

My initial thought was Dakereon Joyner, but it looks like he ends up at SCar for the same reasons, B. Edwards, O. Smith, and all the other top in state prospects do......easy to get playing time and not enough Tiger love. They all want to go to Clemson, but they just aren't elite enough to be high enough on our board to make them a priority with our recruiting classes being so small. I just hate gifting talent to the enemy, but I guess it comes with the territory when you enter elite status.

Who's our 2nd and 3rd options?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Trevor L. is a DAWG what's plan B with '18 QB?

Oct 14, 2016, 8:31 AM

We have two in this class not sure if there is a need in '18 if we don't sign him.

null

Oct 14, 2016, 8:41 AM

We will have a relatively large class next year

Oct 14, 2016, 8:42 AM

The thing with Edwards and possibly Johnson is that they both wanted to play a position that Clemson isn't offering but SCAR is. I honestly think we get Lawrence purely from a "looking forward" aspect. By the time he gets here, he will have the opportunity to get into the QB competition immediately considering we will be built similarly like we are now QB wise (Bryant - Senior, Cooper - Junior, Johnson/Brice - Soph).

Oct 14, 2016, 9:23 AM

I actually think Bryant will either transfer or move to another position. Cooper I think takes over then just Johnson and Brice after that. And looking at Georgia's new offense I believe we stand a really good chance of landing Lawrence. Rumor has it that his parents really like Dabo and what he stands for.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2016, 10:05 AM

I think Bryant will move to safety soon. I think Cooper is our starting QB next yr. The kid has an great arm.

Bryant to safety makes sense size wise, he has speed

Oct 14, 2016, 12:19 PM

but does he have any defensive experience at all. It is difficult position to play, speed is important but him being QB I'm not sure he would transition well.... His size does remind me of Green or Johnson now and would be interesting if he could convert. Not so sure he would want that but maybe the prospects are better for him seeing playing time(Johnson/Brice/Cooper will be QB next year IMO)

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,962
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic