Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Ohio state gets in..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

If Ohio state gets in..

Nov 27, 2016, 5:27 PM

Should be no higher than 4th.. if. Can't have a non conference champ ranked that high.

We'll be 2 playing Washington with bama-osu playing if the conference leaders win out. Bama rematch and special teams win it for us this time..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Ohio state gets in..

Nov 27, 2016, 5:32 PM

I agree that is the way it should be. They need to pay a price for not being in the conference championship. However I think committee wants OSU-Bama final.

Nov 27, 2016, 5:38 PM

Hope they enjoy disappointment...

ESPN is pushing that HARD.

Nov 27, 2016, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: If Ohio state gets in.. ]

They want Bama to waltz into the final injury free by playing UW. And hope Ohio State beats us or at least beats us up if we win, so the Bama/SEC lovefest and $$$ can continue.

Just like last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I honestly don't believe the committe thinks that way, that

Nov 27, 2016, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If Ohio state gets in.. ]

is in terms of creating matchups between particular teams. I think they will select the best teams based on the criteria they have outlined, giving priority to conference champions, head-to-head competition, strength of schedule, and quality wins. It will be tough to keep OSU out, what with wins over multiple top 10 teams and only one loss. Will be almost impossible to keep PSU out if they are conference champs with the hth win over OSU. Some deserving teams will be left out, which will rightfully lead to cries for expanding the playoff to 8 teams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

i agree....bama...clemson...washington...osu***

Nov 27, 2016, 5:39 PM

Nov 27, 2016, 5:41 PM

I agree with the assessment. If everything goes chalk next week (it rarely does)....

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Ohio State

My prediction for what it is worth. OSU drops back due to one less game and no conference title.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, Clemson and Washington would get a "bump" for

Nov 27, 2016, 5:43 PM

winning conference titles.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do hope this scenario holds.

Nov 27, 2016, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If Ohio state gets in.. ]

If not, the committee will come across as extremely biased towards Alabama. And it won't be easy to hide.

Just my 2 cents.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Nov 27, 2016, 5:42 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree***

Nov 27, 2016, 5:47 PM

To be honest, I think I'd rather play OSU than Washington. That QB for Washington just drops dimes. He's very good, and spreads the ball around. I think our defense, especially the LB, would struggle with the Washington offense. Probably be a shootout. OSU, on the other hand didn't look like anything we haven't seen or can't handle. Load up on the read option and make Barrett beat you through the air, and our offense would definitely score. Like that matchup better...

Ohio State shouldn't get in. They couldn't even win their conference.***

Nov 27, 2016, 5:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Ohio State shouldn't get in. They couldn't even win their conference.***

Nov 27, 2016, 6:16 PM

Ohio State should, and will get in. If Florida somehow beats Bama, there's no way Bama is not getting in either, even though Bama wouldn't have won their conference either.

CCG are part of the equation, but not nearly the entirety of it.

The only question is where they will be seeded. I don't see them falling below 3, which means I will have to sit through another game of hoping both teams win and neither team loses :)

I would say the same thing about Alabama if they lose to Florida.

Nov 27, 2016, 6:25 PM

We don't know exactly what the committee uses for its algorithm, but if it has hurt teams in the past for not winning their conference (TCU a few years ago) then why should OSU be immune this year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I would say the same thing about Alabama if they lose to Florida.

Nov 27, 2016, 6:33 PM

Because they have beat 3 top 10 teams, 2 on the road. How many top 10 teams has Clemson beaten?

Nov 27, 2016, 6:56 PM

top 10 at time sunshine - btw, 56-7. in case you forget. no need for you to worry about clemson

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

That's great, but that shouldn't overshadow the fact that they can't win the Big 10.

Nov 27, 2016, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say the same thing about Alabama if they lose to Florida. ]

Win your freaking conference before you tell me you belong in the top 4.

Nov 27, 2016, 6:52 PM [ in reply to I would say the same thing about Alabama if they lose to Florida. ]

In what parallel universe would Florida beat bama?

They won't. I'm just talking hypotheticals.

Nov 27, 2016, 6:55 PM

There are no hypotheticals for OSU though, because they aren't playing for a conference championship.

Nov 27, 2016, 6:55 PM [ in reply to I would say the same thing about Alabama if they lose to Florida. ]

Yes that's true. I believe TCU got left out because there were 4 conference champions with 1 or no losses. When looking at teams with similar records, I think not playing that extra game hurt TCU.

The Big Ten is going to produce a 2 loss champion. So will the Big 12. I'm not sure PSU will beat Wisky, and if that happens, would it be right to put Wisky in the playoffs over both OSU and Michigan, who both beat them head to head, just because they are the conference champs? It often comes down to unfortunate tie breakers and beneficial geographical placement within the conference. Sometimes, the best teams don't get to play in the CCG. It's the beauty of the game.

I believe that with OSU beating top 10 teams in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma, plus a ranked Nebraska is going to stand out quite a bit. Their only loss was to the 8th ranked team in the country by 3 points on the road, at night, who had 2 weeks to prepare for them, on a late special teams play - after OSU had just played a road game the week before, at night, against a team who also had 2 weeks to prepare for them, that went to OT.

Penn State has a 2 loss problem that I don't see them overcoming. Winning against Wisky might help to pull them even with Ohio State's resume, but losing to Pitt and getting smashed by Michigan will knock them back and probably be what keeps them out. Plus, the pedo thing...

Nov 27, 2016, 6:07 PM

Ain't no Team in the Country beating Clemson in the playoffs so it doesn't matter who we play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2016, 6:42 PM

Ohio st better hope Washington loses because they might take the Penn ST\ Wisconsin winner.
Or they could leave Washington out and take 2 big teams

Nov 27, 2016, 6:56 PM

exactly what i was thinking

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic