Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Ohio State and Oklahoma both win big and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

If Ohio State and Oklahoma both win big and

Nov 26, 2018, 12:55 PM

move ahead of Notre Dame into the 3 and 4 playoff spots, Notre Dame will be in the ACC as a full member by next Wednesday afternoon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As funny as that would be...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:58 PM

Notre Dame is in the CFP and right now, they're the only team that can say that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: As funny as that would be...

Nov 26, 2018, 1:01 PM

That michigan wins lost a lot of shine this weekend, and it was the only bright spot on a very dull resume.

Everyone else has a chance to improve their record.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see it...

Nov 26, 2018, 1:02 PM

I just don't think it's very likely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And honestly, they SHOULD be in

Nov 26, 2018, 2:14 PM

I just don't like this new concept that we're going start suddenly discounting going undefeated against a major conference schedule (and make no doubt they played a major conference level schedule).

Right now we have the same record, if we beat Pitt this weekend we will only be doing something they did as well. Is our schedule at that point really so much better?

The only logical argument to me is if the CFP committee somehow wants to make a point about them having to join a conference, but I just don't see this ND team being left out. If you say they are eligible to get in at the start of the season, and then they win every game, how do you leave them out?

I don't like the idea that you can play football in a division of football in which even if you win every single game you can't win the title. That just seems off to me (and I ditto that with UCF).

So unless we make it a rule that ND isn't eligible because they aren't in a conference, I just hate the idea of leaving them out to put in a team who has lost.

Re: If Ohio State and Oklahoma both win big and

Nov 26, 2018, 1:01 PM

I hope it happens, it is a game of conference champions not schedule cherry pickers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have arguably played a comparable schedule to ours

Nov 26, 2018, 2:16 PM

And would beating a Pitt team for a championship (a team they beat) really make our resume so much more worthy?

They went undefeated playing a P5 conference level schedule, they should get in.

Or, we should revamp the whole system and make it the top 4 conference champs from the P5 by rule.

I've been a proponent of a 6 team or 8 team playoff.

Nov 26, 2018, 2:34 PM

Take the P5 champs and 1 at-large (or 3 at-larges). Then you can account for the Notre Dame, Alabama (last year), and UCF.

But really, I think the system we have now works. I think those saying Notre Dame doesn't deserve to be in after going undefeated are just haters, which I don't blame them, I hate Notre Dame as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

On that we agree

Nov 26, 2018, 2:52 PM

I REALLY dislike ND. Especially living up here in Indiana. But I just don't see how you can argue that they should be left out going undefeated.

And I openly advocate for an 8 team tournament with the P5 champs and then the silly/nebulous "best" argument used to fill the rest of the field. Max 2 teams per conference. At least one spot will be filled by an available undefeated non P5 team including independents (if they exist).

Round one played 2 weeks after conference championships at the home of the higher seed (or a field of their choosing as available) so there's a bye week between conf champ game, round 1, and round 2.

It gives a weight to opinions on scheduling and performance as it gives seeding an even greater importance than now, but it gives every team (or at least every P5 team and most every non P5 team) a chance to win their way to the title no matter how the other teams on their schedule perform.

At least 30% of tickets made available to visiting team (and distributed back to home team if not claimed by visiting team within a week)

This year it might look like this:

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) ND
4) Ohio State
5) Oklahoma
6) UGA
7) UCF
8) Washington

So, On December 15th

1) Alabama vs 8) Washington
2) Clemson vs 7) UCF
3) ND vs 6) UGA
4) Ohio State vs 5) Oklahoma

Nov 26, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: If Ohio State and Oklahoma both win big and ]

I’d agree with this if ND tried to pick a bunch of nobodies to try and get to 12-0. However, their schedule looked strong in the preseason and only looks weak right now because teams like FSU, Stanford, USC, and VT all had down years. Their schedule this season would have included 4-6 ranked teams most seasons, and heck they still got wins over 2 teams playing for conference titles(Pitt and NW).

I say that as someone who would also like to see them join a conference.

MAYBE if the bucknuts hadn't lost to Purdue by 26. As it is

Nov 26, 2018, 2:31 PM

it looks more likely that the domers get in along with the schooners if they can beat Texas this time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 2:37 PM

Notre Dame absolutely deserves to be in the playoff.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic