Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Nuk had sat out of our bowl game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

If Nuk had sat out of our bowl game...

Dec 18, 2018, 9:29 AM

If Nuk had sat out of our bowl game missing the opportunity to convert the 4th and 16 play against LSU and concentrated on preparing for the draft, how would our history be different? I guess the non championship games do mean a lot. Our rise to elite status can be traced to that conversion and the momentum generated for our program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson would have won by 34***

Dec 18, 2018, 9:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Huh?

Dec 18, 2018, 9:48 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

In my what if , fairy tale outcome, Clemson

Dec 18, 2018, 9:55 AM

Wins by 34.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Doubt Sammy would have been injured lined up in the backfield***

Dec 18, 2018, 9:35 AM

LSU was #8 when we played them

Dec 18, 2018, 9:50 AM

and I didn't think any of the guys who were sitting out this year were missing games against top-10 opponents, but actually Rashan Gary is. That's pretty lame. Anyone else?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then again, Florida is a joke of a top-10 team

Dec 18, 2018, 9:51 AM

Maybe Rashan sees that too.

Re: LSU was #8 when we played them

Dec 18, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to LSU was #8 when we played them ]

Even though Florida is technically ranked in the top 10, I still don't know why. Even though these teams are flawed as well, I would put Penn State, West Virginia and LSU ahead of them. Possibly even Kentucky given their head to head win.

Greedy Williams of LSU is sitting out***

Dec 18, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to LSU was #8 when we played them ]

Doesnt matter.. Nuke didn't sit out

Dec 18, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to LSU was #8 when we played them ]

Some will.. Clemson football will move on...

Re: If Nuk had sat out of our bowl game...

Dec 18, 2018, 9:58 AM

This is actually an excellent point that I never thought of. Thanks for pointing out.

Nope..it is a stupid point.

Dec 18, 2018, 10:07 AM

If nuke sat out then the game obviously didn't mean anything to him. If..if..if

Clemson may have still won or they may have lost. There is no telling. "What if" scenarios are all BS.

I will say confidently that clemson would still be where it is today. That game didn't change anything. Dabo was putting pieces, people, and processes in place to be successful. The LSU game was a result of this, not the other way around.

Re: Nope..it is a stupid point.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:37 AM

I think that game changed plenty. It gave us confidence that we could finally win a big game. It put us in a great light on the national stage against a perennial powerhouse. It brought legitimacy in the eyes of the public because "SEC". It was a huge step in our ascension.

Maybe you're right. CLEMSON would be 3-9 right now

Dec 18, 2018, 12:27 PM

If they lost that game

Re: Maybe you're right. CLEMSON would be 3-9 right now

Dec 18, 2018, 1:43 PM

Yep, that's what I said word for word.

Dec 18, 2018, 10:00 AM

Whatever might have happened, we would not be middling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuk saw the bowl game as a chance to improve his

Dec 18, 2018, 10:47 AM

draft stock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He forced his way into the 1st round with that game***

Dec 18, 2018, 10:49 AM

Dec 18, 2018, 10:58 AM

Tigtim76 said:

If Nuk had sat out of our bowl game missing the opportunity to convert the 4th and 16 play against LSU and concentrated on preparing for the draft, how would our history be different? I guess the non championship games do mean a lot. Our rise to elite status can be traced to that conversion and the momentum generated for our program.

If nuc sat out then that entire LSU and maybe even mettenburger is also Chillin, and we got a ball game on our hands.

I don't get it***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Tigtim76 said:

If nuc sat out then that entire LSU and maybe even mettenburger is also Chillin, and we got a ball game on our hands.

I don't get it***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Tigtim76 said:

I don't get it***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:17 AM

Tigtim76 said:

I don't get it***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:17 AM

Wouldn’t have run Sammy on that inside reverse, he

Dec 18, 2018, 11:20 AM

wouldn’t have gotten injured, and would have caught 4th and 16 pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 11:39 AM

I think that game is the reason Nuk went to the draft. He made a lot of money that night. If Sammy hadn't gotten hurt, or if Nuk hadn't put up such a huge game, I'm not sure he would have been a first rounder or may not have gone to the draft at all.

This is where his situation is different than someone like Rashan Gary. Nuk had something to gain, he had room to improve his draft position. Gary is already a top 10 guy, he has much more to lose than gain by playing one more game.

Dec 18, 2018, 12:31 PM

We would have still won. Tajh would have passed the 4-16 to #13(Humph) and he’d still be running. He was WIDE open on that play.

Nuk had 13 catches in that game for 191 yds and 2 TD

Dec 18, 2018, 1:49 PM

A Peach Bowl record. He and Tajh carried the team to that win. Catman was clutch as well.

That is what happened... we're are playing what if world***

Dec 18, 2018, 2:37 PM

That game was a huge turning point for the program

Dec 18, 2018, 12:51 PM

No one should downplay the importance.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: That game was a huge turning point for the program

Dec 18, 2018, 1:45 PM

According to GeeVille we would be 3-9 this year if we had lost that game.

I believe Geeville posted that clemson would be in

Dec 18, 2018, 2:39 PM

The same position regardless of the outcome of that game. I can have the court reporter read back the testimony of you need

Excellent point. Still remember that night like it was yesterday!***

Dec 18, 2018, 1:47 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic