Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Critical Reserve: Post spring depth chart raises questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

New Story: The Critical Reserve: Post spring depth chart raises questions

May 30, 2015, 8:01 AM

The Critical Reserve: Post spring depth chart raises questions

Clemson’s football coaching staff released the post-spring depth chart Friday, and when you look at the first team there were no surprises. But the story of the 2015 season likely won't be told by the current starters, it will be told by the youngsters who have to provide depth in a long season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Norton/Maclain are still starting by opening week

May 30, 2015, 9:36 AM

Then THAT is where something has gone "horribly and terribly wrong"

The same OL line problems cant be fixed with the same OLineman. Time to let new blood put in work.

Re: If Norton/Maclain are still starting by opening week

May 30, 2015, 10:53 AM

Norton will be. However, McLain looked very pedestrian last year. He was horrible in Ga. Tech game. I love Guillermo's physicality, but, he must improve his technique! He gets sloppy and must use his hands better.

So you're saying no one ever gets better?

May 30, 2015, 10:56 AM [ in reply to If Norton/Maclain are still starting by opening week ]

I mean Mac Lain came to Clemson as a 250 pound highly touted TE out of high school who volunteered to move to offensive line to help with depth. So not only is he playing a position he has never played besides maybe pop warner but a position group that maybe the hardest position group to learn. It takes time to learn and get better no matter what position you play. Very rarely do you have a Sammy Watkins come in as a freshman and dominate. Take Bowers as an example, he didn't really reach his potential until his senior year and he was the #1 recruit coming out of high school in the nation. So just because someone wasn't great last year doesn't mean they haven't busted their butts off during the offseason to get better. People tend to get better at their trade with time. The more you do something the better you get. Now I am not saying the 2 guys you mentioned will be All-Americans but we don't know that they can't be either. Plus when the defense doesn't respect the pass because the QB isn't exactly Tom Brady it makes it easier to stop the run blitz the QB and make the O-line look bad when you can't go deep. SO you can't persecute the O-line last year because of the problems, well I mean you can but you would be wrong and show your lack of knowledge when it comes to football. Point being people get better with practice and time so don't be so quick to judge just based off last year...

Well said. I see what svaughn is saying b/c those

May 30, 2015, 3:23 PM

are 2 5-stars right behind them but good experience trumps youthful talant most of the time.

not two five stars and neither same

May 30, 2015, 6:37 PM

Positions as McLain or Norton. If anything one may supplant gore at RT. the interior could be an issue if gulermo doesn't come back in stride and/or maclain hasn't improved. Keep an eye On falcinelli and remember where you heard it when everyone is praising in October.

Bowers left after junior yr********

May 31, 2015, 8:41 AM [ in reply to So you're saying no one ever gets better? ]

Not so fast...

May 31, 2015, 6:20 AM [ in reply to If Norton/Maclain are still starting by opening week ]

We aren't stacked on the OL yet. They are the best we have at the moment doe to experience and maturity. We are more in trouble if they aren't starting. I am more concerned about Norton of the two. That said, he is what we have at center.

The good thing about so many freshman

May 30, 2015, 3:37 PM

In the two deep is that they will gain alot of experience this season and will have to grow up quick. They will make mistakes but later on down the road, its going to help us out alot and maybe we won't have to rely on so many freshman in future. I really don't see us making it into the playoffs this year but i think it will be another 10 win season and possibly a trip to the orange bowl. Go tigers!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic