Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Lville fires Petrino after Week 12, they owe him $14.1mil
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

If Lville fires Petrino after Week 12, they owe him $14.1mil

Oct 2, 2018, 10:56 AM

How much of that $$ will he give Lamar Jackson for earning him that contact in 2016?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/2/17921446/fire-bobby-petrino-contract-buyout-louisville

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

LousyVille swindled...

Oct 2, 2018, 11:01 AM

...what a sham, I mean shame

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Lville fires Petrino after Week 12, they owe him $14.1mil

Oct 2, 2018, 11:07 AM

Another non-destination school thinks they deserve better ? Whatever Petrino is (and he's a lot of questionable things ) he isn't a terrible football coach.
Why would The University of Kentucky at Louisville take a chance on someone else ? It isn't like they have a huge leg up on other schools for qualified candidates .
I say make him finish .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 2, 2018, 11:20 AM

Thats the stupid previous AD's deal. The AD who was so great yet let Pitino run amuck and hired Bobby P twice. Louisville deserves to pay every dime of this and whatever else for their blunders

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 11:36 AM

They should have re-hired Charlie Strong and sent Petrino packing when they had the chance last year. At one point Strong had Teddy Bridgewater at QB and a D that was one of the strongest in the country. Petrino inherited that D...and lucked into Lamar Jackson. Who are all now gone.

Strong was just a poor, poor cultural fit at Texas, but the dude can flat-out coach when he's in the right situation. (Which is actually true of most coaches.) I actually think he'd be the sort of guy who could make South Carolina competitive again, though I wonder if he could survive the Good Ole Boy politics that are almost as rife at South Carolina as they are at Texas. Whatever, though, what would give Strong a leg up there in Cola would be his ability to go into Midlands and Low Country schools and pull out rawer, rougher, and more under-promoted diamonds in the rough and coach them up, as he did so well at Louisville...and mind, without the very deep pool of athletic ability that South Carolina sits upon.

The problem is the ability to reach those players and keep them on the straight and narrow, and nobody's better at that than Strong is.

As far as Petrino goes, this has always been the knock on him - he's a slash-and-burn artist who does well at new stops his first couple years, but then leaves behind locker rooms devoid of talent and players because he's an even poorer recruiter than Paul Johnson. (This is especially true on the defensive side of the ball.) He just doesn't recruit so much as comb the waiver wire for guys looking to transfer and JUCO players...and because of the ACC's academic standards Petrino just can't dip into that well to the extent he once did.

Whatever. That window seems to have passed...fortunately for us and unfortunately for Louisville. We didn't need the architect of their recent success back there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic