Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA and QB Recruiting style vs Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

UGA and QB Recruiting style vs Clemson

Jun 10, 2020, 3:40 PM

GEORGIA'S UNAPOLOGETIC APPROACH

"Georgia’s quarterback recruiting approach is downright gluttonous. There’s a small minority of schools that are able to occasionally attract a five-star quarterback at all. Georgia is out here doing it virtually every year. Even more remarkable is Georgia’s ability to attract quarterback talent with an uncertain or unlikely path to playing time.

By now, we all know the story. Jacob Eason: five-star quarterback, true freshman starter is trailed by Jake Fromm, No. 2 ranked pro-style quarterback who makes like Wally Pipps and usurps Eason as a frosh en route to a national championship appearance. Eason transfers and Fromm is remarkably followed by Justin Fields, the highest-ranked player of the bunch — who believed he was going to take the QB job from Fromm. When Fromm holds off Fields, the former No. 2 player in the country heads to Ohio State to be a Heisman finalist as a first-year starter.

The approach demands an appetite for tough decisions and roster volatility. As we’re finding out this year, it also demands competency navigating the transfer market. Once again Georgia has aced that recruiting test. In Jamie Newman from Wake Forest and JT Daniels from USC, Kirby Smart landed arguably the two most coveted transfer quarterbacks in the country.

If you’ve got the stomach for it, the Georgia approach is great. Get as many elite quarterbacks as you can and let the chips fall. Not many have the ability to implement it, even fewer have the stomach."

Honestly as a QB recruit this would speak volumes that they care more about themselves and their own program than me as a recruit and they're willing to risk my future for their own benefit instead of developing and benefiting me as they promised. They want a recruits commitment while they're too selfish to give one themselves. But that's just my 2 cents.

Per 247 Link:
https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-QBs-after-signing-elites-148040816/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Kirby wants ‘em

Jun 10, 2020, 3:51 PM

Kirby gets ‘em.

May not be fair, but UGA does not lose anyone they want

Re: If Kirby wants ‘em

Jun 10, 2020, 3:54 PM

What a stupid thing to say.

How embarrassing for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Jun 10, 2020, 3:55 PM

I shot 72 today - even par

Re: Huh?

Jun 10, 2020, 4:13 PM

UGA rents them and other schools use them better you mean? Or missing the 2 best QB's to come out of Georgia in decades Myles Murphy having a lower hit rate than Clemson on offer/commitment percentage?

2 of the top 10 players in state in 2020, 2 of the 10 in 2019, haven't gotten the top in state prospect since 2015.

Kirby doesn't seem to get who he wants.

Jun 10, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to If Kirby wants ‘em ]

Other than Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson. Both would be the best QB's in Bulldog history.

Jun 10, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to If Kirby wants ‘em ]

I'm doubting the USC guy does much of anything but we'll see. WF transfer might do okay, but you guys gotta find some wideouts to step up.

Go Tigers!

Jun 10, 2020, 4:14 PM

Pickens very well could be the best WR in the country. I have a strong belief Newman is 100% a phenomenal QB as well they'll make a fantastic duo but Kirby gonna Kirby no matter what.

Must not have the same effect on Natty's

Jun 10, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to If Kirby wants ‘em ]

unless he just doesn't want'em

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

This from the guy...

Jun 10, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to If Kirby wants ‘em ]

whose team will be starting a Wake Forest transfer.

Seriously, you do know that you're supposed to clean the manure off the magic mushrooms before you eat them, correct? Because it looks like the bulls#!t has gone to your head.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, ok that explains everything...

Jun 10, 2020, 5:52 PM [ in reply to If Kirby wants ‘em ]

That means you didn’t want DW or TL. Now we know UGAs real problem. Incompetence.

Well, that and an amazing inability to develop said QB talent.

Re: UGA and QB Recruiting style vs Clemson

Jun 10, 2020, 4:11 PM

After that gushing write-up, you'd think that they must have a great history of QB development (or something). But NO.

The only QB from that group that UGA put in the NFL was Fromm in this past year's draft. It's worked out pretty well so far, but they've been lucky. When you don't grow and develop your own talent, rely on transfers, and have QB's transferring out every season at best you never reach that next level offensively, at worst you're flirting with imminent season-killing-disaster. Unless they can start holding on to the guys they recruit it'll come back to bite them in a big way.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 5:43 PM

Clemson has 3 National Championships in football since that one time the mutts won the national championship.

All three championships were led by 3 different quarterbacks, all from .... (wait for it) .... the Great State of Georgia.

The first one was Athens for goodness sakes.

Homer Jordan, Athens, GA

Deshaun Watson, Gainesville, GA

Trevor Lawrence, Cartersville, GA

Gotta love those peach state QBs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 6:00 PM

Who cares. UGA doesn’t know how max out QB play anyway. Have fun with your Wake Forest qb and 2nd string USC qb.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic