Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If KB transfers it has absolutely nothing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

If KB transfers it has absolutely nothing

Sep 26, 2018, 8:56 AM

to do with character or loyalty or commitment or work ethic. That’s bs. Kelly needs to do what is best for his long term career and I doubt he believes that is being 2nd choice the rest of his LAST season at Clemson. If he decides to go it has absolutely nothing to do with his character. People need to keep that crap to themselves. If he decides to redshirt and transfer and/or change positions. That's not KB "sulking" or "giving up" or "whining" or "being a baby". That's KB making a smart career choice. Support him in it or just shut up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long term career, in what?***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Long term career, in what?***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:07 AM

Badminton

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Long term career, in what?***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Long term career, in what?*** ]

His Major?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If KB transfers it has absolutely nothing

Sep 26, 2018, 9:08 AM

Is it a "smart" career choice? I'm not saying it is or isn't---but curious why you say that?

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

So much for "Teamwork makes the dream work" or "We>Me"

Sep 26, 2018, 9:14 AM

the concept of working together as a team to accomplish a common goal is a lesson we used to learn by participating in sports. What is every team member decided it's my way or the highway? Only 22 can start.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB transfers it has absolutely nothing ]

This is basically what you're asking me.

Pick what you think is the best scenario for Kelly Bryant to have a shot at being drafted:

A. Play 1/3 of games at Clemson his last year as mostly the backup QB
B. Redshirt and transfer and play next year at another College as QB
C. Redshirt and transfer and play next year at another College at another position
D. Redshirt and stay at Clemson and play next year at another position

What's your answer? Is it A? Mine sure as heck isn't and I doubt it's KB's

Obviously D.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:19 AM

He simply isn't good enough to be a QB in the pros. Sit and learn a new position (like safety).

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Obviously D.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:23 AM

I have a hard time seeing KB as a safety or anywhere on defense. Maybe you see something I don’t

Re: Obviously D.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Obviously D. ]

I can agree with that. But at the same time, if KB put on 10-15lb and really focused in on the art of TE I think he could have a serious shot there as well. He puts on 10-15Lb he's right there near the same size as an Evan Engram with similar speed. But that opportunity may not be at Clemson with Galloway almost ready to take the position by storm.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB transfers it has absolutely nothing ]

I'm not sure the options you present are all-inclusive. I see KB as a Taysom Hill type player. Not an NFL talent at QB, but so versatile. I like the way NO uses him. Great player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB transfers it has absolutely nothing ]

Agree with all you have said on the topic, thing is KB is not going to get drafted by any team no matter what he does after leaving Clemson. He may sign an Undrafted Free Agent contract but that is where his NFL stock will be . D- He should have changed positions back in the early spring after seeing the TL arm talent on display, he had to know this was coming and it surely is not a surprise to him.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:36 AM

I bet some said the same to Braxton Miller. He's still drawing an NFL check. He did something very similar to option D, however his was a medical redshirt. But whether he stays at Clemson and switches positions or goes else where to do so, neither of those choices should result in fans dragging him through the mud. Afterall, it would be extremly hard for him to crack the top 2 at any offensive position at Clemson.

If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay

Sep 26, 2018, 9:10 AM

at Clemson. Look at well Tajh is doing right now. He has made some incredible connections with some former Clemson guys. Everyone loves him. Great guy and great personality.

Sure, KB will be fine if he transfers to Arkansas or wherever. But he grew up here and a lot of people are watching him right now. If he handles this as a team player, maybe comes in and wins a game after TL gets hurt, etc... He will be even more loved than Tajh Boyd.

He would have so many more connections in upstate area to sell insurance, banking, mortgages, coaching at Clemson, etc. It would just make life a little simpler down the road. That's just reality.

this is interesting... I haven't thought about the possible

Sep 26, 2018, 9:11 AM

Arkansas move

Re: this is interesting... I haven't thought about the possible

Sep 26, 2018, 9:15 AM

If I was going to transfer, I'd prob go to the guy who recruited me if he had a spot. Arkansas makes sense.

Of course, I disagree with the decision for long term ramifications.

Re: If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay

Sep 26, 2018, 9:19 AM [ in reply to If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay ]

So you're saying he should trade any possibility of being drafted in the NFL for admiration by fans? That's rich. If you were any kind of fan or Clemson man you'd love KB whether he transferred or not.

How's the view up on that horse?

Sep 26, 2018, 9:20 AM

Or is that a donkey.

Re: How's the view up on that horse?

Sep 26, 2018, 9:25 AM

It's great. It really feels good not to judge kids for making decisions that they feel are in the best interests of their football careers. Some should try it.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay ]

I don’t disagree with your logic. However, why is he abandoning his team by not being at practice? He can continue to be on the team and still redshirt. Practice with some of the best receivers and coaches and transfer after the season. This team still needs his presence and leadership whether he is on the field or not.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:38 AM

You have a good point. I can't answer that. Only KB and coaches can. He may be taking the time to weigh options and call people and get advice. Coaches may be aware of his activities. He may come back and continue practicing. We don't know. But it's extremely too early to say he's abandoned his team.

Transferring won't help his chances of getting drafted.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay ]

All of the scouts are very, very familiar with him and his abilities at this point. Sitting out a year or starting at a smaller school won't help him one bit. He's already shown he can lead a team to the highest level of college football. The scouts know what throws he can make and what he can't. They've seen him read coverages and scramble and break off long runs. There is nothing more to show or prove from that perspective. I think it can be argued that leaving hurts his chances in the NFL. He would simply rather be "the man" anywhere, for one more year, than be a part of something bigger than himself in what could be a smaller role.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Transferring won't help his chances of getting drafted.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:40 AM

So you don't think players can get better or improve their skill sets under different tutelage or improve their probability in the draft at a different position?

I don't think KB can.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:14 PM

He's had the best coaching, tutelage, and opportunity he's gonna get. Scouts know his skill set, his potential, and his limitations. He would continue to get opportunities on the big stage going forward. His "slap in the face" and comments tell all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 26, 2018, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay ]

What possibility? Answer yourself this....what NFL team is going to draft a guy that only passes for 1-2 TD's a game? Have you really assessed this? Tajh Boyd, a passing LEADER at Clemson, didn't get drafted after setting numerous passing records and winning multiple ACC Championships....but you think a guy that has only 1-2 passing TD's a game throughout his whole career (backup or starter), including this year, will have any shot at getting drafted in the NFL as a QB?? That's not slighting him...that being a realist in knowing what NFL teams look for in a QB.

Most NFL teams want a QB that is a good passer, especially in consistency and at the deep ball, and has the stats that back that up. Kelly Bryant simply doesn't. His strength is and has always been in the run game, which he'll only get drafted with that if he's willing to change positions. He could stay at Clemson and do just that, to build his resume, much like Braxton Miller did.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:44 AM

You must have missed the part about playing another position. And it doesn't matter whether you think he has a possibility of being drafted as a QB. It only matters what he believes. And if he believes he does and believes his best chance at doing so is at another school next year then he should be supported in that decision. HE'S EARNED IT.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:54 AM

Many forget College football is a business and players are now taking that line of thinking to their best interests. KB can go or stay but it is up to him and I will never complain about his choice, he only gets this time once in his life . I posted way back in the early part of the year on TE as a possible postion change given his talent set. It was pointed out that his prior medical issues may prevent that from being possible, not sure as I did not look in to that but he would have made an awesome TE. Here at CU though his options are pretty limited seeing how deep we are in most positions to learn it on the fly and be a starter.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay ]

He can "believe" he does all he wants...reality is, what does he bring to the table as a QB Tajh did not? He simply does not, no matter what he feels inside, possess the skill set NFL teams look for at the QB spot historically. That's fact. And he'll figure that out if he transfers and still doesn't get drafted. But now he may be on a team that won't be getting watched Nationally as much....and he better hope has a great defense and RB's that can bail him out of games like ours did in a few last year, or he may look even worse. Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:14 AM

Well everybody got what they wanted which is TL starting. KB is gone so get over it.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:27 PM

If the team approached it any other way that you earn what you get, you wouldn't have a team. Yes, TL is starting...because he earned it, not because of any other reason. Kelly had a shot to transfer before fall camp began, he even talked to Dabo about it. If he chose to stay knowing there was a chance he could be beat, then he should consider now why he chose that.

But make no mistake about it, he lost the spot because Trevor did in fact provide the stats that made it a knock out clear choice for the coaches to decide.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-trevor-lawrence-is-the-right-guy-for-clemson

Sep 26, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB is truly making a business decision, he should stay ]

He has Very little chance to have a career playing football and NOW he is throwing away MANY opportunities by leaving CLEMSON whether it is coaching or business.

When I graduated from Clemson, I wish I had the luxury of picking from as many offers that Kelly would have received.

VERY BAD BUSINESS DECISION, but we shall see!

FYI- IF anyone saw KB trying to tackle someone after a pic........well he aint playing defense!

So I guess every player that doesn't draw the starting spot

Sep 26, 2018, 9:48 AM

their last year should transfer?

Why should the QB position be any different from any other position?

Re: So I guess every player that doesn't draw the starting spot

Sep 26, 2018, 9:53 AM

"Why should the QB position be any different from any other position?"

well....because it is. Backups at other positions play more, they get drafted more. Simple as that. backup QBs don't get drafted unless it's an extremely rare case. There's no doubt that Kelly's game has improved this year over last. The issue is TL's game is just better. Who's to say that improvement doesn't continue for him next year at another college? You can't make that call. Only Kelly can. And he should be supported in whatever believes because he earned it busting his tail for Clemson for 4 years!

Re: So I guess every player that doesn't draw the starting spot

Sep 26, 2018, 10:07 AM

Let me correct you....Kelly's deep ball completions has improved some. That's about it. His accuracy and consistency is still as suspect as it was last year (he's only ahead in completion % less that 1 point from last year's stats...oh, and we don't have Cain dropping them anymore...), his QBR is 10 fold worse...ended last year at a 77.6 adjusted QBR, right now 2018, he has a 39.6.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:55 AM

How about when he says " I just dont feel like I got a fair shot". Kelly B is back to Kelly Bryant, a guy who quit on his team.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:00 AM

Now this I wholeheartedly do not agree with and believe is childish on his part. I don't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere and try to "be the best Kelly B" he can be. But he was given ample opportunity to continue as the starting the QB at Clemson. The quote is extremely disappointing.

This post did not age well

Sep 26, 2018, 10:19 AM

Kelly clearly showed his true character by disrespecting the coaches that gave him every opportunity. So yea, it does have something to do with character.

Re: This post did not age well

Sep 26, 2018, 10:21 AM

Him transferring didn't. His quote did. They're two different things.

Don't care if you try to separate them

Sep 26, 2018, 10:23 AM

His character has been shown either way. And how can you possibly dismiss the notion his character plays into his transfer decision? That is pure ignorance.

Re: Don't care if you try to separate them

Sep 26, 2018, 10:27 AM

I clearly stated the reasoning in numerous posts above. Had he transferred and been an adult about it there's absolutely nothing to question his character on. Wanting to have the best opportunity elsewhere to see the field in his last year doesn't question his character. The only thing that does is his comments.

Re: Don't care if you try to separate them

Sep 26, 2018, 10:32 AM

His comments bring to light his character. His character absolutely played into his transfer decision. Yes, he could have shown better character and transferred like Hunter/Zerrick. But he didn't.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:30 AM

The only thing I think Kelly did wrong was trash the coaches. Kelly has been in the same practices that everyone else has. He has known that the best player was going to start. He saw a 5*, 4* and 3* qb transfer out this year because of competition. He was told he would still play, and still has an opportunity to win the starting role back. The only thing that changed was who trotted put on the field first. This isn’t a union where every decision is made by seniority, it’s by competition and who plays the best and who gives the TEAM the best opportunity to win. How many underclassmen are starting in other positions. You are not entitled to start just because you started ONE year. I just think it’s a bad look for Kelly. He has no skills to be a qb in the nfl.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 26, 2018, 3:35 PM

Obviously all just my opinion but I feel he made a big mistake by leaving. He will never play a down in the NFL at QB. He is an amazing athlete but I do not think that he has the skill set for the NFL. I feel that he should have played the roll of helper and be there for whatever the team needed him for. That would have bought a ton of good will with all of Clemson nation and he could have a long term career basically in his home town being around the sport that he loves. He should have given this a few days before making such a huge decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic