Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mar 16, 2015, 9:04 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If John Oliver is Choosing Dabo as his example

Mar 16, 2015, 9:08 AM

Count me in the sector of Americans who before seeing this on my favorite website ( TNET-brown nose alert ) this morning had never heard of this man , or knew that this show was a thing .
I disagree with his inflammatory rhetoric and how he has made a mockery of our head football coaches stand on a subject that Dabo is very close to and on top of ...unlike some English soccer weenie whith an hour a week to read some articles and rage on a network that I thought had disappeared , frankly .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 16, 2015, 9:18 AM

It is just a schtick. Definitely no reason for anyone to get all riled up. It is a comedy show, and a good one.

Certainly no reason to get bent out of shape and will have no bearing on anything in the future in terms of Clemson and Dabo, other than getting some more national exposure.

Agreed. Who is John Oliver?***

Mar 16, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: If John Oliver is Choosing Dabo as his example ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed. Who is John Oliver?***

Mar 16, 2015, 9:54 AM

Oliver is actually a pretty funny guy, but at the end of the day, he is an entertainer. Showing both sides of a complex issue and being fair about your criticism doesn't make for good TV. It's the same principle that being open minded and tolerant doesn't make for the most fun message board posts. ;)

Re: Agreed. Who is John Oliver?***

Mar 16, 2015, 11:18 AM

We all , eventually... run up against negativity that was a direct result of something we should have or should not have said. I for instance fight that little battle almost daily on TNet (lol) , I just think that some folks in the media take it too far and have the backdrop of "entertainment" giving them the clearance to accuse or slander or besmirch others in a way that they would not do if it involved their own circle of friends or their loved ones. Sometimes we as the viewing public give a wide berth to this type of "monkey journalist" in a trade for being entertained . I think too wide a berth .
I'm well aware that I don't have to like it or watch it ...but I tend to not defend it either.
Now I gotta go somewhere that has HBO and watch this John Oliver fella , see if I can be a fan .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

A british goobersmoocher***

Mar 16, 2015, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Agreed. Who is John Oliver?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 9:26 AM

#SoyBeanWind

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Mar 16, 2015, 9:31 AM

I think it's a bit more than just a schtick. He is casting a disparaging light on our football program's leader , trying to make it appear as though Dabo may not care about his players. That , as we all know who watch and read Clemson everything , everyday is just about ignorant.
This guy is a typical mouth-jock looking for ratings and that is how I see it.
Yeah , it riles me a little. To each his own .

DB23

Mar 16, 2015, 9:46 AM

Oliver is actually charming, funny and smart. It is comedy but smart and tends to agree with my world view. All that said, I'll watch the piece and educate Mr.Oliver if I think he's off base with anything regarding Clemson/Dabo- for sure!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic