Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Jimbo and Herman say no, LSU is screwed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

If Jimbo and Herman say no, LSU is screwed

Sep 29, 2016, 1:45 PM

There are really only 2 other coaches with the resume and youth to take that job (cause a 1st time coach ain't getting it unless they hire within). Those 2 guys are Dabo and Stanford's David Shaw and I doubt either would even entertain taking it if offered. That really only leaves them with failed NFL coaches as options (ie. Josh McDaniels types). FSU would have the same problem if Jimbo left and Herman didn't want to leave Houston. Lots of people would want the position, but very few would qualify IMO.

The pickings are really slim for the big name programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Jimbo and Herman say no, LSU is screwed

Sep 29, 2016, 1:50 PM

What if spurrier goes?

He'd leave after 5 games***

Sep 29, 2016, 2:05 PM

Sep 29, 2016, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If Jimbo and Herman say no, LSU is screwed ]

I believe that Spurrier is just arrogant enough to actually throw his name in that pot. Will he, I don't think so bc he finally realise he is to old for the time it would consume being a HC at LSU. I'm sure he is done as a HC as far as he is concerned....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2016, 2:33 PM

LSU would not hire the Ball Sack, he is way too old

Sep 29, 2016, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If Jimbo and Herman say no, LSU is screwed ]

LMAO

Calling it now

Sep 29, 2016, 1:50 PM

Saban back to LSU...it's the challenge

and he likes pis##ng people off....aparently

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes

Sep 29, 2016, 2:04 PM

does Dabo take Bama after that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boom would go before Saban***

Sep 29, 2016, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Calling it now ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His next stop is retirement.

Sep 29, 2016, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Calling it now ]

And hopefully he coaches until he's 90.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2016, 1:59 PM

Not so sure Petrino won't get a call... and answer it... and go.

Not so fast. Petrino...

Sep 29, 2016, 2:00 PM

There is one who might qualify and go, Petrino. LSU has expressed that they want an offensive minded coach, and one with experience. Albeit he does have baggage, and is a little eccentric (but they did have Les Miles). He has SEC coaching experience, is a great recruiter, and pulled Arkansas out of mediocrity when he was there. He may not be their first choice, but I at least think he is top 4 or 5. Maybe even higher depending on how good U of L's season is.

Re: Not so fast. Petrino...

Sep 29, 2016, 2:35 PM

I don't think that Petrino would accept bc of all the promises he made when UL gave him another chance of coming back there. Even if he talked to LSU, that should let them know that Petrino's loyalties wouldn't be a good fit for them where they are concerned but, LSU loyalties aren't up to par themselves!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you kidding me....

Sep 29, 2016, 2:43 PM

if offered the HC job by either Auburn or LSU, Petrino would bail on Louisville again faster than $CU's traditional third quarter mass exodus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm obviously biased, but...

Sep 29, 2016, 3:48 PM

I think Bobby retires at Louisville. He's quoted as saying he should have never left Louisville the first time (he said this before the scandal, if I'm not mistaken). His daughter never left - she stayed and got a degree at UofL and still lives in town. Bobby maintained a house in Louisville, he and his wife love it there. Plus, the wife will have the final say in any move - and she isn't going anywhere.

Add to that: UofL's situation is far, far different than it was when he left the first time. We're now in the ACC, a P5 conference with a clear shot to the college football playoff if a team wins the conference. He finally has a route to win a national championship in a town that he calls home.

And not only that, he has another year of Lamar Jackson, the most dynamic player in college football this year. And Jawon Pass, an absolute monster of a dual-threat QB, waiting in the wings.

The guy is 55 years old. He's tired of moving around. Louisville is home - it's where his family is and where they will be. We can afford to pay Bobby just as much as LSU can, so why would he leave an established team and go try to get LSU (a school with unreasonably high expectations) back on the right track? His reputation would be completely obliterated, and there's nothing there that he can't get in Louisville (although I'll admit LSU will be able to pull better recruits).

Everything adds up to Bobby staying in Louisville for the rest of his career. Believe me or not, but this is the sentiment in Louisville, and I truly think Bobby is where he wants to be. But I suppose only time will tell.

Get ready... Your boys will be playing against a REAL D...***

Sep 29, 2016, 3:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brother....with all due respect....

Sep 29, 2016, 3:54 PM [ in reply to I'm obviously biased, but... ]

After what he pulled at Louisville, Atlanta and Arkansas, his reputation is already completely obliterated, yet Louisville re-hired him anyway.

He is a really good coach IMO but a man of very low morality. His loyalties lie only to himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not so fast. Petrino...

Sep 29, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Not so fast. Petrino... ]

What makes you assume Petrino has any integrity?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 29, 2016, 2:02 PM

One of the coaches I would consider would be Art Briles, I know he has some baggage but it was one of those things out of his control. Football coaches can't monitor their players 24/7 I don't think he condoned what was going on and was used by Baylor as the scape goat. He knows the recruiting territory . He is also a proven winner, I for one would give him a shot. Flame away!!!

Art Briles

Sep 29, 2016, 2:10 PM

Only logical choice for them. No other coach would go there because you get fired for winning nearly 80% of your games. Briles fits perfect with their winning > morals approach.

I think it's still a little too early for Briles....

Sep 29, 2016, 2:57 PM

He's still damaged goods and most schools will likely steer clear of him for a bit longer.

He still has a great deal of damage control and explaining to do.

As much as they can pay, I can't see them whiffing in a

Sep 29, 2016, 2:11 PM

coaching search.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

apparently they did last time***

Sep 29, 2016, 2:22 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is SCar afraid they might get Muschamp?

Sep 29, 2016, 2:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHAAAAA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is SCar afraid they might get Muschamp?

Sep 29, 2016, 2:42 PM

There isn't a snowball chance in h&ll that would ever happen. He had to beg usuc for the head coaching job. He is a good DC, but that's as deep as his talents go!!! After this season, usuc will let him go somewhere else without a buy out!!!

Sean Peyton of the Saints

Sep 29, 2016, 2:38 PM

I have heard his name mentioned more than once.

Sark or Kiffen.

Sep 29, 2016, 2:40 PM

I believed Saban would fire Lame at season's end anyway. I hate Lame Kitten but honestly, he's really done a good job showing Saban how to keep up with the latest in offense.

I despise saying this but with Saban chewing his #### regularly he's probably going to make one heck of a head coach for some big program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Petrino will be on their short list too IMO

Sep 29, 2016, 2:41 PM

Auburn's as well if (when) they fire Gus.

eSECpn Seems to think this is a top 5 job

Sep 29, 2016, 2:46 PM

Maybe in yesteryear, but I just don't see the appeal anymore.

First is the way the entire Les Miles scenario played out.

Add in the the fact that Louisiana is broke, the university system is broke, and there doesn't seem to be the deep pockets everyone thinks there is.

Finally, expectations are such that if you can't beat Alabama you're done.

I just don't see this as a very attractive job, certainly not one for Fisher. Herman maybe, but what would Fischer gain?

Probably not top 5 but easily top 10 IMO***

Sep 29, 2016, 2:49 PM

Yep...+1.***

Sep 29, 2016, 3:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: eSECpn Seems to think this is a top 5 job

Sep 29, 2016, 4:15 PM [ in reply to eSECpn Seems to think this is a top 5 job ]

It's very, very close to a Top 5 job in the nation

(number duplicates are intentional)
1. Texas
1. Notre Dame
3. Alabama
4. Southern Cal
4. Ohio State

6-10...I think that's a toss up between LSU, Michigan, Florida State, Florida and Oklahoma

LSU is a very, very good job.

AD botched it, pressure from big boosters

Sep 29, 2016, 3:04 PM

Makes the job now look like you're out there on an island with knee jerk reaction from big boosters getting the final say so. As if pressure to beat Nick Saban and survive sec west, and pressure to replace a very likeable and successful coach wasnt enough, you now do that with no back up from the schools leadership which makes it a fairly undesireable job for an established coach imo.

Sep 29, 2016, 3:57 PM

I bet Justin Fuente is screaming into his pillow in Blacksburg .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 29, 2016, 4:40 PM

Sometimes the big name doesn't mean everything....Dabo now has one of the top two programs in the Country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic