Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Jacob Hennessy can get to 7 innings in game one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

If Jacob Hennessy can get to 7 innings in game one

May 28, 2019, 5:34 PM

and If we can pick up the win, we should be in really good shape for the tournament.

Should we start going to the bullpen early on game one, though, kiss the season over. We just don't have the pitching depth for anything else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Jacob Hennessy can get to 7 innings in game one

May 28, 2019, 5:38 PM

Not necessarily. If we exhaust the bullpen in game 1 there’s still a chance Clark pitches very deep in game 2 and what if the bats catch fire and we outscore ole miss/Jax st? We could be sitting 2-0 watching other teams exhaust their pitching. I think it hurts our chances if we use too much bullpen in game one but we still would have a chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 5:47 PM

If we exhaust anything on the first or second day, it could spell trouble even if we did find ourselves playing on Day 3.

True, going deep on Day 1 would be easier than Day 2. However, a 48 hours isn't much for most pitchers. Best thing to hope for is Hennessy goes deep into day 1 and Clark summons some of the same magic on Day 2. If that happens, we're in as good of shape as anyone....I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2019, 8:59 AM

We should be more reliable in the bullpen with 3 good arms and 1 arm that has so much ability but can’t quite get it done enough on a consistent basis (Griffith)

The good thing here is that we have seen all of these guys pitch very well and all it takes is one day to have your stuff

Remember how valuable Tyler Jackson was? He’s one of the reasons for the deepest run under monte so far. Having that 4th starter is huge

May 28, 2019, 5:41 PM

We don’t have the pitching depth even if JH goes 7. Literally the only reliever that can get outs on a consistent basis is Carson Spiers. Sure every now and then Holt Jones is pretty good or Sam Weatherly has a good outing, but they are few and far between. None of them can throw strikes consistently. This is by far the worst bullpen I’ve seen Clemson have in 10+ years. We are going to have to score a TON of runs to win this regional, which is possible if we get hot. Hopefully we get the first half Davis Sharpe back and get Brooks Crawford’s best innings of the year.

May 28, 2019, 7:32 PM

Brooks hasn’t recovered from his injury all year. Don’t sell askew and Lindley short. Just got hit by the injury bug. Sommerfeld is good for an inning. Marr’s usually good for once through the order.

Key is having deep starts and a healthy lead but Illinois has won and lost a good amount of games 3-1, 5-3, 4-2 games etc.

Great defense and good pitching.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2019, 9:00 AM

Hopefully being postseason we will see the best arms no matter the situations which is why I’m hoping we see more of Jackson Lindley. He just doesn’t get to pitch enough

May 28, 2019, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: If Jacob Hennessy can get to 7 innings in game one ]

Bro, do you have any positive feedback 05? I know, I know, you are just being realistic and objective... Man, we are in. Let’s celebrate the victories at least a little.

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2019, 9:01 AM

He did say spiers is consistent lol

May 29, 2019, 11:40 AM

In all honesty, it doesn't matter who pitches to get there or how many pitchers it takes, if we are 2-0 after 2 games then we have a chance.

If we do not win the first two then we will not win the regional.

Ole Miss is the only team in this regional that can afford to lose one of the first two and still have a chance to win the regional(and it wouldn't be a big chance) because of something special happening in front of a home crowd.

Visiting teams winning a regional after starting 1-1 almost never happens.

Use what you have to use because 2-0 is all that matters!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic