Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I'm being completely honest, I truly believe that loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If I'm being completely honest, I truly believe that loss

Nov 9, 2020, 11:05 AM

is our worst loss since LSU beat us in the National Championship game. The only difference between the two is that we lost to LSU due to poor play calling, but we lost to Notre Dame because of poor officiating. Without those crappy officials from Saturday we would have beaten Notre Dame by 30+ points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: If I'm being completely honest, I truly believe that loss

Nov 9, 2020, 11:12 AM

trend line from the last three weeks was pointed this way. we seemed determined to screw up enough to give a game away. each week we find a way to hand someone a td. this week the additional D player losses and no run blocking combined with penalties and turnovers to sink us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 2:03 PM

Also, we couldn’t run the game out against BC. Couldn’t get a first down and had to punt. Ended up better but should have been able to move the sticks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 11:12 AM

we deserved to lose. Couldn't stop ND on offense and couldn't run the ball ourselves. Revenge will be great come December

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defense made enough stops

Nov 9, 2020, 11:14 AM

the refs kept pushing them down the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 9, 2020, 11:13 AM

So many other places to point to besides officiating in my opinion ...

Case in point ..we take care of the football and the game doesn’t even go to OT..
We spotted them 10 points on turnovers...

On both of those turnovers Notre Dame

Nov 9, 2020, 11:16 AM

committed egregious penalties that weren't called. Neither turnover should have happened. Also, on the ETN "fumble" the guy didn't even score.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Re: On both of those turnovers Notre Dame

Nov 9, 2020, 11:25 AM

Tigers had the ball and the lead with 2 1/2 minutes to go and punted to ND with 2 minutes to go. Absolutely a tremendous coaching error

You mean after the refs botched managing the clock?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:26 AM

Is that the possession you're referring to?

Re: You mean after the refs botched managing the clock?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:36 AM

The refs knocking ETN out of bounds was just uncalled for. Fire Swofford.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: On both of those turnovers Notre Dame ]

I agree play calling in the final two minutes of regulation was pathetic.We wasn’t able to run the ball all night and as we always do we try to run out the clock by , guess what, running the ball.We had just went the length of the field passing and ND couldn’t stop us but we can’t throw a pass in that last couple of minutes to get a first down and win.We were due a loss.I still have confidence in our staff . I just wish they would play to win in the final minutes.It works fine against mediocre teams but not ones with great defenses like ND has this year

Nov 9, 2020, 12:02 PM

Here is a thought. How many times did we see the Jumbo package come in? Zero. I think that last series in regulation when you KNOW your O Line cant run block would have been a GREAT time to do it. Now, I admit it's not exactly CW or big Dex, and maybe they just suck at it, but I seriously think it would have been a GREAT time to give our line an extra 600lbs of beef to maybe eek out a yard rather than a foot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: On both of those turnovers Notre Dame ]

well coaching and bad play. Penalty and running out of bounds? C'mon understand the moment. That stopped the clock 2 times. However, Clemson still had a 98.5% chance of winning at the time ND took over at their own 9 yard line with 1:48 left.

ETN didn't run out of bounds. I don't understand why

Nov 9, 2020, 12:21 PM

people keep saying this. He turned up field and the defender hit him in bounds, grabbing his feet and tripping him up and ETN's momentum on the fall caused him to hit the sidelines. He actually got a hand down in bounds on the way down and was very close to getting a leg down in bounds.

Re: ETN didn't run out of bounds. I don't understand why

Nov 9, 2020, 12:29 PM

In a normal game situation OK. It wasn't a bang bang play. He caught the ball at the hashmark and ran to the edge creating the situation.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:21 AM

Your right about the fact it was our worse loss since LSU.
Everything else is a moot point.

*You're***

Nov 9, 2020, 11:31 AM

The real reason we lost Saturday was because

Nov 9, 2020, 11:23 AM

Notre Dame scored more points than us. That hasn’t happened to us since January. I truly believe if we can score more points than the other team from here on out, we won’t lose another game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 11:24 AM

We got beat on the line of scrimmage all night. Defense had an excuse. Too many starters out. Offensive line had no excuse. Terrible!!

Our OL lost players throughout that game

Nov 9, 2020, 11:28 AM

By the end we had 150 lb team managers playing on the OL.

""If"" I'm being completely honest". OH the sense of humor

Nov 9, 2020, 11:44 AM

with this post. Good morning GWP. Hope you had a great weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson lost, Panthers lost, Biden won

Nov 9, 2020, 11:48 AM

Basically the worst weekend I could ever imagine.

LOL!!*** At lease Chase Elliott won the championship.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:58 AM

null

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are by far the two worst losses of the last two years***

Nov 9, 2020, 11:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to blame officiating when we got away

Nov 9, 2020, 12:08 PM

With two very blatant PI’s.

I’m a Clemson homer but take off your orange tinted glasses, we had some huge breaks go our way that were very questionable too.

100% on the officiating. That's it. That's the reason we

Nov 9, 2020, 12:19 PM

lost. They got away with PI calls, they had a long pass that clearly hit the ground, they got a defensive touchdown that didn't break the plane, they got a gift of the clock being stopped on our final possession, they committed holding all night without it being called. That game was stolen from our Tigers.

We should have never agreed to using ACC refs against ND.

Nov 9, 2020, 12:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You lost me at completely honest...

Nov 9, 2020, 12:35 PM

but I clicked anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow GWP, you hooked at least three on one cast...

Nov 9, 2020, 12:47 PM

...and kept them on the line for awhile.

Spud would be proud of you.

/\ Get's it /\***

Nov 9, 2020, 2:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

If you're being completely honest

Nov 9, 2020, 2:26 PM

you must have a gun to your head.

Thank you for being honest.***

Nov 9, 2020, 2:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic