Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson at CFA Kickoff Classic in 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Clemson at CFA Kickoff Classic in 2016

Jul 21, 2014, 9:28 PM

Heard today that the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic is really pushing Clemson for their opener in 2016 against an SEC school. CFA Bowl CEO Gary Stokan was at the ACC Kickoff, and I know he loves the idea of bringing Clemson back in for that game and maybe a few more. Word is that they might be getting a little pushback from Clemson and that Clemson would prefer to not play in that game..I will sniff around this week and see what I can find out but I found that intriguing.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson at CFA Kickoff Classic in 2016

Jul 21, 2014, 9:31 PM

I may be wrong, but I thought the original plan was Georgia at home, Georgia in Georgia, and then Georgia in the
Chic k fla kickoff in the Dome...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2014, 9:32 PM

As of right now, Clemson has only two out of conference opponents for 2016...Troy on Sept. 10th and Scar at the end of the season. Sept. 3rd is wide open...

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Vandy beat UGA last year. We want to play the best.

Jul 21, 2014, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson at CFA Kickoff Classic in 2016 ]

Are we ready yet for Bama again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I would love to play Bama again

Jul 21, 2014, 10:01 PM

but they are playing USC in Dallas to open 2016

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: I would love to play Bama again

Jul 21, 2014, 10:50 PM

I've got 'Bama v Clemson at a neutral site penciled in on 01/01/15 or 01/12/15

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to play Ole Miss. Have we ever?***

Jul 21, 2014, 9:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to play them in Oxford. Never experienced The Grove.***

Jul 21, 2014, 9:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I would love to play Ole Miss. Have we ever?***

Jul 21, 2014, 10:21 PM [ in reply to I would love to play Ole Miss. Have we ever?*** ]

I was really hoping we could have played Ole Missy before Kimshitshe leaves there.

Clemson and Ole Miss have played twice....

Jul 22, 2014, 7:54 AM [ in reply to I would love to play Ole Miss. Have we ever?*** ]

once in 1928 (a 26 - 7 Ole Miss win) and again in 1933 (a 13 - 0 Ole Miss win). Both games were played in Mississippi (one in Oxford and one in Meridian).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What would be the reason for our hesitance? We still need

Jul 21, 2014, 9:34 PM

another OOC game that year right? We've been playing 2 SEC teams almost every year since 08.

If I had to guess

Jul 21, 2014, 10:14 PM

it would be wanting a home OOC game to counteract the home ACC slate.

As it stands right now our home slate that year is weak. Louisville, NC State, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh. Not exactly a blockbuster slate.

Re: If I had to guess

Jul 21, 2014, 10:47 PM

So it's those 4 plus us and 1 more. I would hold out for another home game. Financially, you'd like to get at least 7 home games each year I would think.

We better be real careful we don't make the schedule a

Jul 21, 2014, 11:05 PM [ in reply to What would be the reason for our hesitance? We still need ]

mountain we can't climb to the playoffs. We are not playing in the same ole ACC anymore. We have no idea how much programs like Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville will improve in the near future. They were all pretty solid programs in the Big East. Then we have FSU and GT thrown in and have to close with SCAR and a possible ACCCG. The schedule could be tough enough. I am not sure we need a 2nd OOC SEC game anymore every year.

Jul 21, 2014, 10:03 PM

Maybe the AD is looking for a home and home so it takes care of 2017 also because we play @Notre Dame in 2018 as an OOC game

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

That's what I was thinking. With Notre Dame balancing

Jul 21, 2014, 10:58 PM

SCar's rotation every third year in terms of a home schedule, the two years in between the ND games are ideal for a home/home series with a Power 5 opponent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh ... bring on Miss State***

Jul 21, 2014, 10:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2014, 10:16 PM

I hope we don't play anymore tough teams at the beginning of the season for a while. Schedule those games for the 3d or 4th games, and let our guys have those first few games as live full speed practice games with the lesser opponents we play every year....

Maybe Vandy or Kentucky.

Jul 21, 2014, 10:19 PM

SC fans always talk about how tough their schedule is in the SEC east. Maybe we can see how it feels... ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Vandy or Kentucky.

Jul 21, 2014, 10:24 PM

:) LMAO

Re: Maybe Vandy or Kentucky.

Jul 21, 2014, 10:43 PM

I would hope we open against someone from another power conference other than the SEC.
If we play SCar every year that takes care of the SEC , how about USC or Stanford as an opener . Or Michigan. Or Oklahoma.
I think in light of this 4 team playoff scenario there is no benefit to shying away from tougher openers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

we're gonna play Auburn again

Jul 21, 2014, 10:38 PM

watch and see.

Home/home with...

Jul 21, 2014, 10:46 PM

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Penn State
4. Michigan State
5. Michigan
6. Nebraska
7. Alabama
8. Tennessee

I've been to the dome a bunch the last several years and find the campus experience to be far better.

Also, beating five-loss UGA-type teams is not what we should be striving for anymore.

Our program is at a different level now.

Seems like the Vols would be a big draw in ATL

Jul 21, 2014, 10:49 PM

and is a team we haven't beaten in a while.

It's a bigger draw in The Valley...

Jul 21, 2014, 10:51 PM

...and in Knoxville.

Tennessee is a program on the rise.

I would love to play them.

Play UGA again. Please.***

Jul 21, 2014, 11:11 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to ESPIN, we've already beat them 2 in a row...

Jul 21, 2014, 11:34 PM

But they're suppose to get revenge this year.............. according to ESPiN. By the way, we'll be having a round robin game on 11/29 with SCar and Duke... They spent a week doing their SEC love-in and now we get a 2nd rate production CFB Media Days that's infused with even more SECrap and garbage research... The only consolation was letting Dabo interview early... They know the possibilities of what's coming and who can expose their beloved SEC the most this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2014, 11:22 PM

Kick off game is good for exposure but we make less money than w/ home game, which is probably why some in the AD aren't excited.

Give me Ole Miss, UF, Mizzou or aTm please***

Jul 21, 2014, 11:29 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring-on the Gators or A&M

Jul 22, 2014, 7:49 AM

I say that because we've recently played Tennessee (win), Alabama (loss), LSU, (win), Georgia (win), and Auburn (two wins and one loss)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic