Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Death Valley forces fans to stay 6' apart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

If Death Valley forces fans to stay 6' apart

Apr 1, 2020, 4:58 AM

what would the capacity of DV be then?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Death Valley forces fans to stay 6' apart

Apr 1, 2020, 5:11 AM

Shew. Id guess about 15,000-20,000.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 5:30 AM

Imagine what it would cost to get in, maybe $1200 or more .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about this: Tickets only available for

Apr 2, 2020, 2:48 PM

people who attended every game when we had 3-8 and 5-6 seasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Willy-B forces fans to stay 6' apart...

Apr 1, 2020, 5:45 AM

It wood create record attendances at the start of the 3rd quarter for the coots.

~JKB

I remain the optimistic type; however, your question is

Apr 1, 2020, 7:04 AM

interesting.

I'd guess every other row vertically, and three seats apart horizontally. The hill, concession and restroom areas would have to be monitored to prevent clustering. Parking would also require monitoring to enforce separation.

Another
problem would be determining who gets the seats. In othe words overall...a nightmare.

Yet, the American people have proven to be masters of ingenuity. So, in the scenario I've mentioned, do I think all of that is doable?

Yes, if we want some form of a football season...providing, of course, we can convince ourselves our athletes and staff would be safe, which has to be our paramount concern.

Personally, I've been down this road before with no football for three years while on overseas military duty. Football...although a passion...has never ruled my life. I remain hopeful most of the crisis will be over by mid-July with most of the nation back to business sometime in June. If so, then decisions will have to be made about the season, and I believe they should be national in scope.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remain the optimistic type; however, your question is

Apr 1, 2020, 7:12 AM

Mr. Hartins I have one problem with your details . No matter how they are monitored the heads inside Death Valley will always be a cluster ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL.....New football rule: No drinking or eating

Apr 1, 2020, 9:33 AM

anything four hours before or during football games. Trips to the Porta-potties mandatory before entrance to DV.

Restroom clusters eliminated.

Apr 1, 2020, 7:10 AM

I don't know but I would finally have room to put my popcorn and hot dogs down beside me .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 1, 2020, 8:24 AM

Popcorn and hot dogs at DV? You can't hide money!

Apr 2, 2020, 7:03 AM

Not to make light of our current and future financial crisis, but you'd BETTER learn how to hide it ;)

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

DB23

The more interesting question is

Apr 1, 2020, 8:50 AM

What would tailgating look like. No need in limiting the fans to 15-20,000 in DV if you're going to have 150,000 people crowded outside the stadium in close proximity.

My guess is that they lock the parking lots and ban tailgating

Re: The more interesting question is

Apr 2, 2020, 7:09 AM

Personally wouldn't attend a home game if tailgating weren't allowed . In my opinion that'swhat makes Clemson ( and other college campuses ) so special is the sights , sounds and flavors of that mass huddle outside the stadium .
Of course the Coots don't have that sort of experience because thier place is an off campus dump smack dab in the middle of abandoned warehousing and trucking yards .
I got a little off base there but it's getting so thin in our lives where we can talk smack about little brother down in Colatown .
Anyway , DV tailgate or die !

DB23

Fans are about 18" apart right now, so there'd be

Apr 1, 2020, 9:21 AM

about a quarter on each row. If they had to sit every other row that would give about one eighth the fans, so about 10,000.

Apr 1, 2020, 9:28 AM

I doubt they’d even have fans in the stands. If it means we get football, heck I’m all for it!

Apr 2, 2020, 12:19 AM

Tiger Band would have to have some creative shows to keep members 6 ft apart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t even care if fans are not allowed.

Apr 2, 2020, 7:16 AM

Test the players, coaches, support staff weekly. Televise all the games. Hopefully it will all be a non issue by then

Apr 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

80,000 Clemson Hazmat suits!

Apr 2, 2020, 11:01 PM

detyger said:

80,000 Clemson Hazmat suits!

Imagine wearing that suit the last weekend in August and September at DV. That would thin the crowd between the parking lots and the stadium. Only 10 - 20 thousand would make it to their seats anyway.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if they held a lottery? Or they select tickets 4 seats

Apr 2, 2020, 10:41 PM

apart to determine which home game you get? All season ticket holders get to attend one home game and 1/6th of any seats not held by season ticket holders are sold.

If we could still have football, I'd be willing. I'd rather watch my tigers on TV than not at all.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic