Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo had listened to us earlier & started Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If Dabo had listened to us earlier & started Watson

Sep 22, 2014, 10:51 AM

We would be 3-0 right now. You see what happens when he gets arrogant and tries to convince us all that he and his staff know betta.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not convinced we would have juan the UGa gane...

Sep 22, 2014, 10:52 AM

kicking and short-yardage is killing us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Not convinced we would have juan the UGa gane...

Sep 22, 2014, 10:54 AM

You're probably right and my tongue is planted firmly in cheek. But we all knew how this scenario was going to play out.

Was the "Cole gives us the best chance" to win song and dance really necessary? And did it ultimately hurt the team?

I think the staff knew DW was special.. .but I also wouldn't

Sep 22, 2014, 11:05 AM

be surprised if:

1. Cole played better than the staff expected in the first half at UGA.

2. DW played better than the staff thought he would in that environment in Tally.

Not saying that's the case, but it was a delicate situation, especially with a true freshmen.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I think the staff knew DW was special.. .but I also wouldn't

Sep 22, 2014, 11:14 AM

I just felt like Watson starting was inevitable and that the coaches lecturing the fans charade was unnecessary. Not just saying "Cole gives us the best chance to win" but in insisting on there not being a controversy at the QB position.

As a fan, I just don't like be talked to like I'm a 5th grader who doesn't know any better when it's basically a bald face lie.

It's possible the coaches had no idea that Watson would ever start and just decided to do so on Saturday but for some reason I don't believe that.

I think we would have still lost both games.***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we would have still lost both games.***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:56 AM

Very likely, I should have made my point clearer in that we all got a big lecture last week about supporting Cole and DW was named the starter next week before Sunday morning.

I don't think coaches have a responsibility to answer every

Sep 22, 2014, 10:59 AM

question that the press asks by revealing exactly and in detail what goes into each decision they make. Sometimes it is better to obfuscate and I don't have a problem with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Dabo had listened to us earlier & started Watson

Sep 22, 2014, 10:57 AM

I don't think we would won at UGA, but Watson would't have made the same low throw to the TE that cost Clemson 7 points. That one play would have beaten FSU.

Dabo/chad were WRONG! t-net was correct!

Sep 22, 2014, 10:59 AM

Or they are both BLATANT liars! cant have if both ways....one and only one of these scenarios is correct!

Sep 22, 2014, 11:00 AM

Dabo was worried about the teams psyche/chemistry. Wonder how the teams psyche is now at 1-2? Reality is that Dabo could lose 36 straight games and would not be fired due to the contract Radokovich gave him.

He has one meaningful game left on his schedule this year.

BTW no more negative comments on Dabo, Munson will be relaying them to Dabo and you will hear shortly how we are unworthy to be fans of his team if we question anything he does.

no question watson should've started, but i can't say we'd..

Sep 22, 2014, 11:00 AM

be 3-0.

i think it can be "debated" that had he had a full/half game at UGA and full SC state game he could have been better off @ FSU, BUT that's all VERY debatable and can't be predicted.

i do think watson hits leggett in the chest and not the shoe laces in the endzone though.

either way i now believe dabo has the best players in the lineup and should be ok until the SC game.

The streak ends this year. Mark it down.....***

Sep 22, 2014, 11:03 AM

null

i hope you're right.....i've heard that for 5 years***

Sep 22, 2014, 11:07 AM

Sep 22, 2014, 11:07 AM

Watson looked really good in that last series at uga after they began to apply pressure. He was cool laying on his back!

Sep 22, 2014, 11:10 AM

He looked pretty cool in the game Saturday too in that he didn't miss any gimme TD throws that could have potentially been the difference.

Nice try, though. All the DW supporters were right and all the ones busting balls last week for wanting him to start were wrong.

Hope I've made that clear.

Sep 22, 2014, 11:12 AM

LOL, I don't think I would listen to the fans if I was the coach. But you're right he succumbed to the pressure and pulled Stoudt in favor of Watson. A no-lose situation for him if you ask me. I still think he and the coaches made some dumbfounded play calling in the game.

That's outrageous.

Sep 22, 2014, 11:35 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1382735&tstart=90

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic