Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG

May 9, 2019, 7:53 PM

Is he then the greatest HC ever?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG

May 9, 2019, 8:03 PM

Yep. He’d be considered the best ever. I consider him the best ever now and that’s not orange colored glasses. Bama was there. They’ve always had talent itching to get there. All they needed was a good coach.

Dabo had to take mediocre to good and make it great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 8:12 PM

Best ever now? Dabo has been impressive and he's on a great roll but it's still Saban 6 titles (two different schools) to Dabo's two. Saban inherited a 6-6 team and went 6-6 his first season, which included a loss to UL Monroe. He hardly inherited a champsionship team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo inherited a gold plated championship team

May 9, 2019, 8:32 PM

all he had to do is how up. He might have his first top 5 recruiting class. It 11 years he has had a 7th ranked, 9th ranked and 10th ranked teams. 3 top ten classes in 11 years = 4 CFP 3 finals and 2 championships...for Dabo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG ]

Hey Pup.
Sabin didn't have to beat Sabin to get on top. There was no greatest of all time coach when he started to build Alabama into a dynasty. Now Dabo has to beat Sabin, the GOAT to get on top. If you beat the GOAT, you become the GOAT. Of course one time doesn't mean anything. Twice and it might be good luck. Three times and there is no doubt.
Its a shame the pups can't beat the GOAT. Go back home to your doghouse.

Message was edited by: NCTiger75®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 6:11 AM

Thanks for the insightful, well thought out response. Everyone here really enjoyed it. Especially the "doghouse" part. How'd you come up with that? Anyway, Saban is 1-2 against Dabo. That makes Dabo very good and perhaps on his way to being the best of all time but he's got a way to go to catch Saban.

May 10, 2019, 6:25 AM

Way to ruin my morning AFDAWG, I actually agree with you.

I think if Clemson wins it all this year we surpass Bama as the best program right now. We would be the new it place to play football right now.

Dabo has work to do before being considered best of all time. Although he could stake claim to the current best in the game. No shade as Saban as he is the best ever right now, but he’s getting older and it’s a young mans game. Dabo might be the best doing it today but work left for all time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 6:29 AM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG ]

I guess for now we'll have to settle on Dabo being better than any dawg coach EVER. Agree?

May 10, 2019, 6:45 AM

Not sure why the need to drag UGA into a Dabo - Saban discussion, but yeah, I'd say he's better. I don't think anyone could argue otherwise.

May 10, 2019, 9:47 AM

maybe because you dragged yourself into a discussion with zero UGA talk. Then you just haddddd to say something.

Just So You Will Feel Better....Dabo Will Very Likely Win

May 10, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG ]

1 and maybe 2 CFP championships in the next 4 years. Kirby will likely get beat AGAIN by a Big 12 team with a suspect Defense. Please try to convince me UGA didn't want to be there or they were tired or they were sad or they were hungover from Bama. Bottom line UGA gets great talent, but Kirby is not going to get you there. All of these alleged Saban tree geniuses are just farts in the wind propagated by media hype. If UGA can get an elite coach they will be a force.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG ]

I agree that it's premature to say that Dabo's the best ever. But let's be honest: Mike Shula, a mediocre on-field coach, recruited *very well*. The cupboard was definitely not bare for Saban, which is why they kicked our hineys in his second year, and won it all in his third. Saban just had to teach Shula's recruits how to win.

the greatest ever at Clemson already imo

May 9, 2019, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo Defeats Saban Next Year in NCG ]

It will take him a few more years to pass lil Nicky

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

May 9, 2019, 8:14 PM

And if loses is still the greatest ever.

No***

May 9, 2019, 8:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 8:21 PM

It's hard to argue. He would be 3-1 vs saban in NC. Nick has 6 titles though. Take your pick

Easy, there... The next decade will bear it out...***

May 9, 2019, 8:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already is

May 9, 2019, 8:36 PM

Swinney is the greatest college football coach of all time. Saban is not in his league when it comes to 1.) building long-term sustainable culture, and 2.) building young men (which relates back to #1).

However, it will take several years for him to get enough natty's to convince outsiders.

No worreis though--he's in his 40s and has plenty of time.

Re: Already is

May 10, 2019, 9:56 AM

“Building long term sustainable culture”
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

May 10, 2019, 9:53 AM

I’d say no simply because of how many Saban currently has. He would definitely be in the conversation and I believe based on his age and our current success that CDS could definitely finish his career with more and I expect him to

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If"?

May 10, 2019, 9:53 AM

Tell em coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 10, 2019, 11:24 AM

When he wins his 7th title, sure. IMO, best ever arguments are sports radio time wasters.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic