Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson lost to only UGA and won out this past season,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,852

If Clemson lost to only UGA and won out this past season,

Jan 4, 2015, 3:09 PM

where would we have stood in terms of the playoffs? Would we be ahead of both OSU and TCU?

That is if everyone else stayed the same, I could see 1)Bama, 2)Oregon, and 3) OSU....just wondering who would have taken that 4th spot. If it would have been anyone other than Clemson, I'd be beyond PO'ed.

How long do you guys think we'll stay with a 4 team playoff? I'm all for 8 teams...the higher the number, the better the odds of us getting in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OSU dominating their conf title game helped them, we would've needed the same result

Jan 4, 2015, 3:16 PM

Baylor and TCU were hurt by not having a championship game and OSU greatly benefited

Re: If Clemson lost to only UGA and won out this past season,

Jan 4, 2015, 3:17 PM

I'm afraid we would have been left out and TCU would have been #4.

For the following asinine reasons:

1) "Clemson only beat FSU because they had their backup QB"
2) "Their competition in the ACCCG was weak with that gimmicky triple option of GT"
3) "The ACC in general is weaker than the B1G/Big12"

Then we would have crushed Miss St. in the Orange Bowl and heard things like "Clemson belonged but the playoff committee still got it right blah blah blah"

The fact that the defending champs were 13-0 and only ranked #3 going in pretty much says that in the ACC you still have to go undefeated to get a shot. An 8 team playoff can't get here fast enough.

Jan 4, 2015, 3:21 PM

Just my opinion,but if UGA had been our only loss,we would have been in the hunt.
However,it probably would have come down to having to win the ACCCG to get into the playoff.
An eight team playoff is coming,probably after the 2016 season.
As to being ahead of either TCU,or Baylor maybe one,but not both would have been above us.
Still, the Big 12 didn't have a playoff,which is why Ohio State was able to jump both of them.

We would have been ranked fifth of course !***

Jan 4, 2015, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eight team playoff can't get here soon enough. 4 teams

Jan 4, 2015, 3:34 PM

heavily favors the SEC and the traditional powers like OhSt. If you win your P5 conference, you should be in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Eight team playoff can't get here soon enough. 4 teams

Jan 4, 2015, 4:45 PM

People are forgetting the Louisville and BC games which could have easily been losses

If if's were 5th's we would all be drunk

Just win baby it takes care of itself. I am worried about no UGA or other big name out of conference games to help the schedule.

If usc sucks as many are expecting they will hurt strength of schedule

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2015, 4:51 PM

Rumor has it that the playoff committee may tweek some things with the selection but the number of teams is locked in for the next 12 years. Take it with a grain of salt.

No shot without playing in conference title in acc***

Jan 4, 2015, 4:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No shot without playing in conference title in acc***

Jan 4, 2015, 5:47 PM

Wouldn't losing to UGA and winning out mean we'd have been in the conference title game?? Or did I miss something.

Why we would have been left out.

Jan 4, 2015, 4:58 PM

Had we beat FSU, they would have some lost hope and probably lost another game later in year making our win "less impressive". Also if we beat ga tech in reg season and ACCCG then they all the sudden have more loses and those wins are less impressive. Only way we get in is if all those wins are dominate. Our offense averages about 35-40 points. Not with close games like we had. Which all could have been possible had number 4 been healthy all year.

Re: Why we would have been left out.

Jan 4, 2015, 5:42 PM

#4 was healthy when we were 1-2...the rest is moot.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,852
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic