Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Chase Brice comes back next year, here is what I would
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

If Chase Brice comes back next year, here is what I would

Dec 3, 2019, 9:16 AM

like to see happen. It won't because it would take coaching balls the size of Sputnik, but here it is. We play the Akron Zips early next season. Chase Brice should start that game, and play with the "1"s until we build a big enough lead to decide the outcome. Then, put TL in for 3 series, just to keep him interested. Then, move on to whoever is third string at that point.

Dabo has repeatedly said that he thinks Chase Brice has the talent to play on Sundays in the NFL. He is not normally in the habit of blowing smoke up peoples arzes, so give Chase at least that one game to show the NFL talent scouts what he can do on gameday when the score is 0-0, and he has elite talent around him.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Chase Brice comes back next year, here is what I would

Dec 3, 2019, 9:26 AM

I’ll be surprised if Brice doesn’t enter the portal. He will want to be starter for a season somewhere. The Tigers have two five star QBs to get ready. Spring ball will be interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 9:39 AM

He is a RS Soph in football. Has he graduated?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 9:38 AM

Chase will get his chance in the NFL. But he will be drafted lowly if at all and he will have to work his way up from the practice squad. If he is as good as advertised he will work his way up over two or three years and become a reliable back QB - or maybe pushed into a starting role in a bad situation (lousy starter or injury)

That would result in a media sh*t storm

Dec 3, 2019, 9:47 AM

1) There would be a million pieces written with words such as "arrogance," "slap in the face," etc.

2) Akron and their coaching staff would likely be genuinely insulted

3) Anyone associated with sports betting would be livid

Re: That would result in a media sh*t storm

Dec 3, 2019, 10:30 AM

That is why it would take ballz this size to do it:

https://youtu.be/qvPzUAeWZZY

Dec 3, 2019, 9:59 AM

Here is the problem with your idea.

Nobody in the NFL would be impressed by Chase lighting up Akron.

I would be surprised if Chase is still at Clemson next season. I have heard that he is graduating in May and I would expect him to announce after spring practice that he is entering the portal to find somewhere to get a chance to start for 2 seasons.

I would also not be surprised if we have to play against Chase for those two seasons. I could definitely see him going to GA Tech or another ACC school that is losing a QB or just needs a better one.

He is a good deal for any school because he can give them 2 years instead of just one like most grad transfers.

Dec 3, 2019, 10:25 AM

Chase and his family are UGa fans as well as Tiger fans. If Jake leaves early, I could see Chase going to . Would be good for him and the Dawgs.

Virginia also has their star QB graduating this year. That

Dec 3, 2019, 10:34 AM

would be a good situation for him.

I also do not think he returns next year, if he graduates in May. I wish him all the success in the world, if he transfers. He has earned his place in Clemson history already.

Dec 3, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: If Chase Brice comes back next year, here is what I would ]

IF Brice decides to go Portal, with Perkins gone at UVa next year, he would fit exceptionally well within a void that would be created there. It would also be nice development upside for Brice as starter on a team that is rising and, like him, understands the unique characteristics of "team" play. He'd certainly be one of the best QB's in the Coastal and should be of no great concern for Clemson in the Atlantic. As well, Robert Annae and Bronco Mendenhall have proven their ability to groom qb's, going back to BYU.

If UVA is a possibility it would be interesting to see

Dec 3, 2019, 10:54 AM

if there are any conversations between Brice and anyone after the game Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chase has every opportunity before, and during Spring practice

Dec 3, 2019, 11:09 AM

To win the starting job before the first game.Otherwise he's the backup for a reason.
What you're proposing is not ballsy, but folly.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic