Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I remember 9th grade with Dylan Thompson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I remember 9th grade with Dylan Thompson

Nov 25, 2014, 8:51 AM

in my algebra class. It was the monday after the Clemson/Carolina game in 2006. If I remember correctly we drove down the field and had a chance for the game winning field goal, but our kicker pulled it. The next monday morning at school all the coot fans had printed out pictures of DV field goal post with one arm bowed out. (anybody remember this?) But, me and DT were talking about the game and voicing our frustrations about the missed kick. That's right Dylan Thompson was a Clemson fan at the time. His whole family was Clemson all the way. It's very ironic that he lead the gamecocks to the win in DV two years ago. But this saturday I hope he gets the dear in the headlights look! I hope he looks clueless as to what our defense is doing to him. That is all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember 9th grade with Dylan Thompson

Nov 25, 2014, 9:05 AM

Oh yea, remember that one quite well, ole Jad Dean missed it the field goal at the end.

Yep and it looked good from my seats. we all started

Nov 25, 2014, 9:06 AM

celebrating only to find out it was wide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

If Bowden had left Reggie Merriweather in the game, a field.

Nov 25, 2014, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I remember 9th grade with Dylan Thompson ]

goal attempt would not have been necessary. We had them on their heels and were bulldozing our way to a game winning TD, or at least a much shorter FG attempt. Dumb coaching costs us that game by not going with the Hot Hand.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Bowden had left Reggie Merriweather in the game, a field.

Nov 25, 2014, 9:37 AM

Amen to that. Reggie was running through guys. I still don't understand taking him out either.

Especially with him being a senior and the fans chanting

Nov 25, 2014, 9:48 AM

for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Bowden was wanting James Davis to be the hero. RW should

Nov 25, 2014, 9:57 AM

have stayed in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No....James was pitching a fit on the sidelines and

Nov 25, 2014, 10:57 AM

Tommy put him back in...and I've never forgiven either for it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some serious Bowdening that day.***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:08 AM [ in reply to If Bowden had left Reggie Merriweather in the game, a field. ]

Re: Some serious Bowdening that day.***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:29 AM

Yeah Bowden cost us and him quite a bit for that decision, that was the beginning of the end for him. Reggie must of been in his doghouse because taking him out meant no sense! Tommy did not learn from Dad Booby would have kept him in to win Tommy was teaching him a lesson. SOS was on the ropes at Usc the AD was tired of his stuff but winning takes care of the ills in D1 football, look at Dumbo at Free Shoes!

Didn't Burton Burns make the call for Reggie to come

Nov 25, 2014, 10:39 AM [ in reply to If Bowden had left Reggie Merriweather in the game, a field. ]

Out? Not that it matters now... It was a stupid call. After the game he said something about wanting a fresh pair of legs in there. Dumb excuse when RM was rolling and didn't need or want a break.

Re: If Bowden had left Reggie Merriweather in the game, a field.

Nov 25, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to If Bowden had left Reggie Merriweather in the game, a field. ]

From a Gamecock perspective at the game, you are absolutely correct. Have no idea why he pulled Merriweather.

Nov 25, 2014, 9:06 AM

Getting beat by the coots by former Clemson fans.

Reminds me of Baseball.

Nov 25, 2014, 9:10 AM

IF we turn this streak around that will change. We will finally be winning the recruiting battle in this state.

Winning in football helps us win in baseball?

Nov 25, 2014, 9:11 AM

I has the confuse.

Re: Winning in football helps us win in baseball?

Nov 25, 2014, 9:19 AM

Oh my bad lol, we should win the football recruiting battle if we win this game. Baseball is another story, lol

I honestly think one sport winning helps confidence with

Nov 25, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Winning in football helps us win in baseball? ]

other sports at the school. Just my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 9:58 AM

I know the Thompsons. They are a fan of whoever will give their kids a scholarship to play for them. I don't blame them.

Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 AM

I always thought the Thompsons were fans of the man upstairs....

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

The sack on the previous play cost us dearly***

Nov 25, 2014, 11:00 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic