Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If ATT UVerse doesn't pull itself together
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

If ATT UVerse doesn't pull itself together

Aug 14, 2019, 10:11 PM

And get this ACCN deal done by say … the 23rd , I may have to YouTubeTV subscribe . This is an unfortunate and disappointing development in an otherwise above average year .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: If ATT UVerse doesn't pull itself together

Aug 14, 2019, 10:13 PM

Not really looking for any answers , just sitting in this galley by myself … on a laptop … in Baltimore's inner harbor on a Wednesday .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

if ya like what ya got start with the youtube freebie

Aug 14, 2019, 10:18 PM

and see where everything shakes out

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if ya like what ya got start with the youtube freebie

Aug 14, 2019, 10:21 PM

That's the plan . Wait until about 2 days out then get the free run and wait to see what goes down before it runs out .

DB23

Aug 15, 2019, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: If ATT UVerse doesn't pull itself together ]

I'm in the same boat, no pun intended, UVerse is my provider. I'll provably Hulu or You Tube for the game and see what happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 10:33 AM

I'm in the same boat as well. Our other problem in my house is that UVERSE dropped NFL NETWORK (which my son lives for). It appears maybe PLAYSTATION VUE gets that, so anyone else looking at that? Thoughts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

I had Vue back in 2016-17 and was pleased (only went back with DirecTV for a pkg to get kids new cell phones....regret that move so completely). As long as you have good internet with 15mb-20mb should have minimal buffering issues. I didn't have much issue with Vue or Hulu Live (DirecTV Now and Sling were horrible to buffer tho).

FYI - Vue is probably the closest to 'cable' that streaming has.
And FYI2 - live sports - don't listen on radio as you watch on streaming - there is about 20-30 sec delay from live TV.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 11:45 AM

Thank you for the info. Decisions Decisions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: If ATT UVerse doesn't pull itself together ]

Pop in Otis Redding's "The Dock Of The Bay" and just watch the tides roll away!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 10:16 PM

Like This .

DB23

Aug 15, 2019, 1:24 AM

Tigerdug - having been with Uverse for over 15 years, I don't trust them. I've already ordered a a Roku Ultra & plan to subscribe to YouTube TV. If it works out, I might keep the ATT internet & dump the ATT TV service. If not, I'll just subscribe to both during football season.

Aug 15, 2019, 1:29 AM

By the way - does your work take you to such places - on vacation - or just independently wealthy & touring the world?

Aug 15, 2019, 2:10 AM

Work has me here and there , where there is water water everywhere .

I do travel quite a bit though . I have flown to both Bermuda and Barbados in the last few years . Wealth , being a relative term is no relative of mine … not even a distant 3rd cousin twice removed .

DB23

Aug 15, 2019, 2:36 AM

No relative of mine either! But that's okay.

I used to travel a fair amount, but technology shifts "allow" me to do almost everything from home now. Can get a little drab, though.

Been doing essentially the same thing for 43 years. No plans to retire. I think I'd quickly go nuts.

Aug 15, 2019, 2:54 AM

I agree! I am counting on Comcast. I called and they told me they expect to have a deal soon but could not confirm when. I am moving in December so I really don’t want to add another provider but I may have to

Aug 15, 2019, 7:08 AM

Charter Spectrum cable finally came through on the ACCN. I’m sure the others will, although AT&T is a complete disaster. I used them in our business until I could no longer deal with their completely unacceptable customer service, so switched our phone service.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't ATT trying to get people off UVerse and onto Direct

Aug 15, 2019, 10:56 AM

TV? Is this some sort of game they are playing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wasn't ATT trying to get people off UVerse and onto Direct

Aug 15, 2019, 11:22 AM

We're all pawns in some devious game . I just wanna watch my Tigers on TV .

I wish life were simpler . Like cave painting and moose meat simple .

DB23

Re: Wasn't ATT trying to get people off UVerse and onto Direct

Aug 15, 2019, 5:18 PM

Oog mug yugk muck grog!!

Ringo Star and the movie Caveman just popped into my brain.

Aug 15, 2019, 7:45 PM

Hatuk. Lana. Zug zug.

Love it!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 2:03 PM

I was with ATT/Directv for over 20 years. Once ATT bought DTV out it went downhill from there. I switched to YOUTUBE TV and love it. At my house, I have good unlimited Internet and on my phone, I have unlimited data as long as it's not a hotspot. So I take my iPhone and play it thru the HDMI port of AIRPLAY and I can watch unlimited and I get no buffering. Can't say how it will work on the water for you but it does work great for me.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic