Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I blame the athletic department and administration for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,308

I blame the athletic department and administration for

Mar 2, 2014, 9:33 AM

caving and allowing South Carolina to dictate our accepting a bowl invitation after the brawl in 2004. We should have never participated in the pregame hug at Billy Brice the next season. By falling for this $h!t, we allowed the coots to believe they belonged on equal footing with us, a big mistake. Once you get dog $h!t in your shoes it's very hard to get it cleaned out and you end up tracking it everywhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should have gone to the bowl and

Mar 2, 2014, 9:52 AM

TDP looked like a complete idiot when he wore a coot colored shirt with his orange blazer for the "group hug" before the game the following season. Ridiculous.

Re: We should have gone to the bowl and

Mar 2, 2014, 9:54 AM

Exactly, I overheard a Clemson player this year say I doubt we can win because our past AD was wearing a garnet shirt under his Clemson jacket 8 years ago!! That's it, that's the ticket.

Idiot

Mar 2, 2014, 10:03 AM

What I'm saying is he should not have done that as a sign of peace to a bunch of a-holes.

Re: Idiot

Mar 2, 2014, 10:05 AM

And that is why you've lost, because of a sign of peace? So a kid playing now who was 9-10 at the time is losing because of that sign of peace? If it makes you feel better, run with it.

LOL

Mar 2, 2014, 10:06 AM

Re: Idiot

Mar 2, 2014, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Idiot ]

so something that happened 10 years ago has us now losing 5 years in row in football and 22 out of 30 in baseball? really? could it be that our baseball coach is not as interested in building a program because he will retire soon hopefully? we have never placed much interest in basketball and never will. but I will say we need to quit looking for and making excuses and ask or demand excellence from our coaches. our administration is ok with middle of the road athletics as long as there is not too many problems. they want academics to be the priority and not take a backseat to athletics, as danny ford found out. we are in a conference with schools that feel the same way. not going to change.

We should aspire for more

Mar 2, 2014, 10:41 AM

than "middle of the road athletics."

The excellence should be demanded from both the administration and the coaches.

The chickens are more driven for athletic success than we are. We have an administration that seeks to be "reasonably competitive."

Re: We should aspire for more

Mar 2, 2014, 10:53 AM

you sir are exactly correct! there is no reason why both academics and athletics can not both be excellent. the ncaa has standards that ALL schools must meet for academics but you as a school can sets standards higher then the minimum. we need to give ALL programs, not just football the best facilities possible to compete and win. we have money to do that and need to do it now. I agree we are a football school and will always will be but that does not mean the other programs need to suffer because of it. demand EXCELLENCE at all levels. sometimes the academic people feel threatened if athletics get too good.

I blame them also

Mar 2, 2014, 9:55 AM

For sitting on their A$$ES and doing nothing about our athletics....Going around acting like they are Great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

The Jim Barker effect….

Mar 2, 2014, 10:08 AM

We have to erase the influence of the Barkertologists. Our Athletics programs our in great position to do great things, but it's being held back by the Barkertologist attitude of it's ok if you don't win.

God forbid the UNIVERSITY president focused on Academics...***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:54 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,308
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic