Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An angry mob is chasing you down the street at night ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

An angry mob is chasing you down the street at night ...

Sep 23, 2020, 5:18 PM

you have a gun. They catch up with you and have you cornered. How many times do you let them hit you before you shoot? Do you shoot at all, or do you just take a beating? Do you take a beating up to a point, begging them to stop, then when you can't take any more, then start shooting? How do you know they won't kill you, or seriously injure you? Once you are cornered, how do you handle it?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

one warning...

Sep 23, 2020, 5:20 PM

then shoot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Light up a blunt.***

Sep 23, 2020, 5:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd fire a few shots in the air first.***

Sep 23, 2020, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure you wood ??***

Sep 23, 2020, 5:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd fire a few shots in the air first.***

Sep 23, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to I'd fire a few shots in the air first.*** ]

The bullet travels in the air on the way to it's target...so yeah.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An angry mob is chasing you down the street at night ...

Sep 23, 2020, 5:24 PM

It seems that some on here really live in that dream world.***

Sep 23, 2020, 5:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It seems that some on here really live in that dream world.***

Sep 23, 2020, 5:35 PM

Of course someone can be killed by being hit in the head

Sep 23, 2020, 6:37 PM

with a skateboard. Probably a good chance of a traumatic brain injury or severe facial injuries as well. We're not talking about a slap-fight between middle schoolers or a punch in the nose from 1960s TV western.

- H. L. Mencken

My dream world is one where 17 year olds

Sep 24, 2020, 12:49 AM [ in reply to It seems that some on here really live in that dream world.*** ]

Don’t show up at protests wielding guns looking for a fight.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dream world is where 17 year olds don't need guns to

Sep 24, 2020, 9:15 AM

protect themselves from criminals who live in their parents basements and hate America.

- H. L. Mencken

Sep 23, 2020, 5:46 PM

armed mob too, self defense all the way

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, we're playing the false analogy fallacy game.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:50 PM

Or, in this case, asking people how they would react if they were just innocent folks minding their own business and a mob emerged out of nowhere to harm them.

Which isn't what happened in Kenosha.

One important thing to note is that Rittenhouse's team is shifting their defense to a militia defense. That shows they know self defense isn't going to work on its own. I've provided a link below that analyzes why this won't work.

To answer your question, if I'm carrying, and I'm just strolling down the street on an average day, and suddenly a mob charges at me, I'm drawing and ordering them back. If that doesn't work, yep, shots fired.

That's the scenario you painted.

If I grabbed my gun and drove up to a riot in NC, inserted myself into the situation, acted confrontational while brandishing my weapons, and then the other side decided to take me down, who knows? Maybe my instinct would be to shoot.

But I #### well will expect to go to prison for it. Because I sought out trouble, and that's not self defense.

The prosecution and Wisconsin law agrees.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/kyle-rittenhouse-his-militia-defense-ignores-private-paramilitaries-are-illegal-ncna1239397

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You keep saying this

Sep 23, 2020, 5:59 PM

Taking a gun to a protest and openly

Sep 24, 2020, 12:52 AM

Brandishing it is, in and of itself, confrontational.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a good social media opinion I saw today:

Sep 23, 2020, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Ah, we're playing the false analogy fallacy game. ]

"This is one of those cases where, from a legal perspective, it's far more complex than simply "he defended himself, case closed".

According to Wisconsin's statutes on castle doctrine, where it concerns defending a business, only the owner or the person over day to day operations of the business may use lethal force to defend said business. Clearly castle doctrine is off the table.

Wisconsin's self defense statutes explicitly state that they do not apply to someone who is engaged in any criminal activity. Their open carry age is 18, Kyle is 17. By definition, him open carrying IS being engaged in criminal activity, and thus takes away his ability to argue self defense.

Perhaps most interesting here is the number of people who jumped at the thought of Gaige Grosskreutz (the guy who got shot in the arm) being a felon and not being allowed to carry. It turns out, Gaige Grosskreutz only has a misdemeanor on his record and has a concealed carry permit. Kyle, on the other hand, is still illegal to open carry in the state of Wisconsin unless he is hunting. Considering that hunting is a deliberate act, if I were his attorney, that's the last argument I'd try and make."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a good social media opinion I saw today:

Sep 23, 2020, 6:25 PM

Sep 24, 2020, 7:55 AM

The part about not being able to claim self-defense in commission of a crime is correct.

If you acknowledge this is correct, what is there to debate anymore? You just admitted Rittenhouse can't claim self defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Sep 24, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Here's a good social media opinion I saw today: ]

And there's the real hypocrisy in it. If Rittenhouse had been a random guy shooting up a store, or if he were on the Antifa side, the same ones falling all over themselves to defend him (with little to no knowledge of the application of law here ) would be labeling Grosskreutz a hero for trying to stop him.

Similar to how many people only love the First Amendment when it applies to their views, many here only love the Second Amendment when the person with a gun is on their team. And killing the opposing team.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:54 PM

You take your beat down like a man, and eat your food out of a straw for the rear of your life and poop your pants daily. That's the nice thing to do.

I realize that I shouldn't have been there and let

Sep 23, 2020, 6:13 PM

them kill me.

Guns with big clips are bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's actually what some of the doofuses here are

Sep 23, 2020, 6:40 PM

suggesting, and suggesting the law supports.

- H. L. Mencken

yeah, I didn't make that up

Sep 23, 2020, 7:12 PM

I couldn't have without help from a severely twisted mind

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had good parents who taught me to stay off streets ...

Sep 23, 2020, 7:35 PM

at night where an angry mob was almost guaranteed. When I was young, the adults who provided guidance were not dumb ##### who would put a young person in harms way to promote a political point.

On my own street in my neighborhood, shoot _ both as a youth and now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, this kid should not have been there (even though

Sep 23, 2020, 10:12 PM

he had a legal right to be there), and he should not have had a gun (which he did not have a legal right to have). Given that, he still had the right to use deadly force to protect himself from death or serious bodily injury.

- H. L. Mencken

I find myself in this situation all. the. time.

Sep 23, 2020, 7:52 PM

I shoot first and ask questions later, bing bam boom. You mess with a bull you get the horns!

Re: I find myself in this situation all. the. time.

Sep 23, 2020, 8:01 PM

most of the time, the mayor asks the police to arrest folks downtown setting fires, so militia are not needed

That’s a big relief to me and the other patriots in the

Sep 23, 2020, 8:14 PM

North Jersey militia. We’ll be on stand-by if there are any insurrections.

Unless they’re conservative insurrections, of course, in which case my brothers and l shall confront the government’s jackbooted thugs and throw off the yoke of tyranny once and for all!

Re: That’s a big relief to me and the other patriots in the

Sep 23, 2020, 9:08 PM

pack a lunch

I didn’t have “GET SOME” engraved on my AR-15 for nothing.***

Sep 23, 2020, 9:20 PM

Trick question.

Sep 23, 2020, 8:25 PM

The killers chasing you are the victims. Because you shouldn't be there, bootlicker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I’d probably not take a gun to a protest

Sep 24, 2020, 12:47 AM

To play Rambo.

That's not the question, but I'll play.

Sep 24, 2020, 8:03 AM

Kid should not have had a gun, but he had one. People chased him down - he tried to get away - they cornered him and assaulted him with potentially deadly force. Under what scenario would he be obligated to die or suffer serious injury rather than use the gun he was not supposed to have in order to protect himself?

- H. L. Mencken

Why would I be in a location with an angry mob at night?

Sep 24, 2020, 5:18 AM

Seems like I'm setting myself up for a dangerous situation. There's probably a ball game or something on TV that would be a better use of my time.

Again, not the question. That applies to everybody involved

Sep 24, 2020, 8:06 AM

in the protest and covers almost anything that happens to them. But say you're right - he shouldn't have been there and shouldn't have had a gun. Does that mean that once he's been chased down and is under attack, he can't defend himself? Because that's the question I'm asking and everybody is dodging.

- H. L. Mencken

I though we were talking about me, not "he".***

Sep 24, 2020, 8:29 AM

Okay, YOU are being chased down the street by an angry

Sep 24, 2020, 8:59 AM

mob. Let's say you were kidnapped and dropped off in that location, and then were chased down.

- H. L. Mencken

I certainly wouldn't shoot anybody.

Sep 24, 2020, 9:50 AM

Having never even touched a gun, I don't think that would go well. I would probably scream and throw my hands up and give them money, or whatever they want.

Re: I certainly wouldn't shoot anybody.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:20 AM

ewe found a woman to marry ewe?

10.5 wonderful years***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:24 AM

Sep 24, 2020, 8:07 AM

Is Carlsbad in the mob?

Sep 24, 2020, 10:20 AM

"dont name names"-Karl

You take the beating like the man you were pretending to be

Sep 24, 2020, 8:50 AM

when you went out there.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

say wut?***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:03 AM

Rrrrrrrrrrrright!***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to You take the beating like the man you were pretending to be ]

- H. L. Mencken

ITT we learn you have an obligation to be killed/severely

Sep 24, 2020, 12:33 PM

Beaten by violent felons during a riot because you’re a few months away from turning 18 and people don’t think you should have been there in the first place. Clown world, #### yeah!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic