Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Orange Bowl Tickets from IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Orange Bowl Tickets from IPTAY

Nov 19, 2018, 11:44 PM

Long time IPTAY member. We are thinking of ordering Orange Bowl Tickets. If we decide not to go how hard do you guys think it would be to sell them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orange Bowl Tickets from IPTAY

Nov 20, 2018, 12:07 AM

Last year I bought 2 Sugar Bowl Tickets thru IPTAY and ended up not going. Sold them for $75 below what I paid so ended up eating about $150 Total.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orange Bowl Tickets from IPTAY

Nov 20, 2018, 7:11 AM

i understand having to sell for cheaper and losing money on these games, i did on a couple of games during the regular season, but luckily i have made money off the acc tickets i purchased back during the summer when nobody knew who would be playing, gonna use the extra money to go toward the semifinal trip, as long as clemson takes care of business the next two weeks.. i lost money when clemson played virginia tech in orlando, i practicly gave them away to get rid of them. so its a guess what people will pay and where they will travel. lot of tickets will bottom out closer to game times on stubhub and other secondary markets. I hope i get lucky from iptay with semifinal tickets and final tickets but nobody knows how many will put in for them.

My thoughts...

Nov 20, 2018, 12:11 AM

First of all, there is no assurance that Clemson goes to the Orange Bowl. If Bama is the top seed, they could select the Orange Bowl which would send Clemson to Dallas and the Cotton Bowl. Granted, that's unlikely but still a possibility albeit a remote one.

Since the National Championship game is in San Jose this year, I think you'll see quite a few fans forego the semi-final game in order to save their money for the trip to California and the Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But if getting tickets through IPTAY, if we don’t go to the

Nov 20, 2018, 12:14 AM

Orange Bowl you aren’t charged so it’s not like you’re taking a chance on where we end up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Correct !!!!***

Nov 20, 2018, 12:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My thoughts...

Nov 20, 2018, 7:02 AM [ in reply to My thoughts... ]

Bama does not get to choose. That’s false.

The number 1 seed is “assigned” to the semi-final location closest to their home campus.

If Bama is 1 they’re going to Dallas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a citation available on this?***

Nov 20, 2018, 7:53 AM

Re: Is there a citation available on this?***

Nov 20, 2018, 8:50 AM

It is assigned but not necessarily to the closest location. If they decide the 4 seed has an advantage at the location the committee has the option to send the 1 seed to the farther location. It could be an issue if Oklahoma is the 4 seed, but I doubt it since they sent us to the Sugar last year. If the 4 seed was Texas it might be different, but Clemson to the Orange should be a pretty safe bet this year.

Re: Is there a citation available on this?***

Nov 20, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Is there a citation available on this?*** ]

Sure...here’s two.

“When assigning teams to the two sites, the selection committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed. “

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2016/10/24/_131504730172490753.aspx

"The seeding determines the semifinal bowl game assigned to each matchup; the No. 1 seed is assigned to the site closest to its campus to prevent it from playing in a "road" environment."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff

Nov 20, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts... ]

That's not my understanding. I believe 1 seed gets to choose. I wouldn't put it past Saban to choose the Orange to put us at a disadvantage. It's about 200 miles closer for them to go to the Cotton though. It may depend too on the 4 seed. Oklahoma getting the 4 spot could be a reason he would choose Orange over Cotton.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 10:11 AM

Actually I just re-read the criteria. It says preference will go to the number one seed. I have taken that out of context to believe it meant the coach got to choose. It actually says the committee makes the assignments.

"When assigning teams to sites, the committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Bowl.....

Nov 20, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to My thoughts... ]

If Clemson is #1 or #2 in the final rankings, then we will go to the Orange Bowl based on the ACC's affiliation with the Orange Bowl. Got this from my Clemson roommate who is a past president of the Orange Bowl.

Re: Orange Bowl.....

Nov 20, 2018, 9:05 AM

I don't think the rules say anything about a conference's affiliation with a bowl game venue. If we go to the Orange Bowl it won't be because of the ACC's affiliation with it. Let's beat Scar and Pitt first!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IPTAY doesn’t list OB ticket cost. Anybody know $$/per ticket?

Nov 20, 2018, 6:59 AM

tia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: IPTAY doesn’t list OB ticket cost. Anybody know $$/per ticket?

Nov 20, 2018, 7:06 AM

prices are listed on the application fee you have to fill out, it gives you the price levels you wish to choose from, I may be corrected but i think orange bowl was 275 and 175 for some tickets, for some reason cotton only listed 125 tickets..
national championship tickets will be 675,575 or 475 prices.. but you can check the application fee. as far as an iptay member getting to sell the bowl tickets, its a risk not knowing whether people are gonna go to the semifinals or finals. but i think more people might opt for semifinals since both are driveable and would be cheaper than two three or more family members having to fly to california and paying higher ticket prices..

depends who gets in.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:33 AM

michigan, notre ####...yes you could probably unload. they have never been so there will be interest.

Ohio state and oklahoma...much less interest.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic