Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,740

IPTAY

Apr 18, 2015, 7:24 PM

Do all agree with the IPTAY changes recently and the way seats are assigned? Just curious. Seems like money buys parking but does little to nothing for actual seats. We pay nearly 10 times out seat equity plan all for parking and the chance of getting moved. Years later, still crappy seats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY - Did anyone actually get moved?

Apr 18, 2015, 7:29 PM

I wonder if anyone actually lost their seats when this plan was implemented? We are donating at 3200.00 a year, buy four season tickets and sit at the lousy 10 yard line on the Visitors side. Parking is on Centennial Blvd Extension in a space that is now 2 feet narrower when they re-did the parking lot.

We have tried unsuccessfully to move both parking and seats. If anyone actually got moved and had better seats, please respond.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2015, 7:38 PM

Guessing not. Seat equity numbers are so low it didn't encourage anyone to give more. Many lost parking but still sit between the 30s and park at brooks center. It's a joke.

Apr 18, 2015, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY - Did anyone actually get moved? ]

SEP worked wonders for me. Got four together in the lower deck on the aisle...just as I asked.

This improvement came when SEP was originally introduced...7 years ago?

Apr 18, 2015, 9:23 PM

PArk. Mind me asking your donor level?

Apr 18, 2015, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY - Did anyone actually get moved? ]

When they started the SEP I moved from 5 yards beyond the back line of the endzone in the north lower deck to the 28 yard line in the north lower deck. A couple of years later moved to the 39 yard line. IPTAY level. 45 years in IPTAY.

Apr 18, 2015, 10:35 PM

Sounds like it did help when first implemented. Im above iptay level and still in the end zone...

If a business handled finances like IPTAY does for stadium

Apr 18, 2015, 11:48 PM

seats, the business would be bankrupt. Fans should get the seats they pay for. That's business.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and yet

Apr 19, 2015, 5:04 AM

In spite of being the booster organization for a fairly small university in a smallish state that turns out retatively few alumni each year, IPTAY remains one if the most successful organizations of it's type.

Would that all businesses were be so unsuccessful.

There are only two ways that all fans can get the seats they pay for - one they keep adding seats somehow until all demand is met and two they raise prices and raise prices until demand drops to match supply. Which of these would you do?

All the seats around me (UG) are on stubhub every week with different people in them every game. The owners are using these seats to help pay for their Westzone memberships etc. Limit the number of "resale" seats and you would free up places for new donors to move.

the StubHub resale market is a sign that the seats are under

Apr 19, 2015, 9:32 AM

valued. That's due to IPTAY wanting to reward loyalty, but even with the SEP and especially for lower deck seats between the 30s, they are still way under valued.

If they went to a system where fans got the seats they paid for, or rather paid for the seats they have, there would be an enormous outcry because the prices would shoot up, and people with money would come in and take the seats now that we are winning instead of loyal fans who stuck with the Tigers throughout the dark years in the 1990s.

If we should ever go back to losing, those monied bandwagon fans would dump those seats and the program in a heartbeat. What we have now is a compromise to try and get what the seats are really worth and still reward the loyal fans. But that often means the loyal fans get to stay where they are, not get better seats.

The worst part of the StubHub market is that it seems so many tickets go to opposing fans instead of Tigers. They are willing to pay a premium for that one game to get good seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: the StubHub resale market is a sign that the seats are under

Apr 19, 2015, 11:04 AM

Because of job obligations,family,travel distance, ect. --- After-market tickets are a thing of the now generation --- pick the games you want,pay the price,sit & park where you want --- every game these tickets are available --- I know,because that's what I do ( I work week-in's and use all my vacation to attend a few games*** )--- even with the "BOWL GAMES"" you can get better seats,than you can from Clemson ticket office -- just read this board around bowl time !!!!!

GO TIGERS !!!

Exactly. They should limit the #seats

Apr 19, 2015, 4:03 PM [ in reply to and yet ]

We've been trying for years to get our daughters seats moved closer to ours - and we're not in prime seats. Meanwhile the 2 next to us belong to WEZ folks and usually populated with visitors.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,740
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic