Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMPO, I'm becoming at a place in my heart and mind that,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

IMPO, I'm becoming at a place in my heart and mind that,

Jun 30, 2020, 3:45 PM

as much as I love college FB, and I can barely wait to the start of a season right after the closing of a season. This covid-19 virus has us all not knowing if there will be a FB season, and living with those thoughts every minute of everyday, I'm as close as can be of saying it would probably be best to give the FB thoughts up for this season, and starting all over again next season would be the best over taking the risk of more and more people getting sick or dying over having a FB season that won't look nothing like we know a college FB season to be like. Before taking all the risk that it will involve to have a season, all of college FB would be better off to just take a break and wait out the virus before leaving anybody with the crushing effects that losing a loved one in the name of having a distorted college FB season in a time of a deadly pandemic!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMPO, I'm becoming at a place in my heart and mind that,

Jun 30, 2020, 3:57 PM

At worst Colleges go back to online teaching, but the FB team stays and plays. No fans in the stands, but the tv revenue alleviates some of the financial pain. If there is no football season, starting all over next season won't look the same because some schools may have to drop the program.

Also, I don't understand why the players can't have their temps taken prior to the game to see if they can play rather than be tested and remain asymptomatic. My son is a medivac helicopter pilot. And that's what they do to him and his crew every day they show up to work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No students back on campus... No football.

Jul 1, 2020, 7:11 AM

NCAA and ADs have all said that. These are student athletes and student comes first for a reason. That being said Clemson gets the most income from ticket sales. But TV money is better than none.

I think students will be back. But I don't think there will be fans. If I had to guess anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2020, 4:35 PM

There is another take that you might consider. My source about Covid-19 information is MedCram.com, a medical continuing education site publishing Youtube video updates on Covid disease and treatments several times a week.

While the number of new cases is escalating, the number of deaths are not (at least not yet). This finding could be explained with various theories but seems to be reflective of a surge of cases among young people with lower risk of serious illness. Just as the initial cases in March/April were driven by elderly cases with higher hospitalizations, the current trend is less serious cases. Young people have been gathering at parties, beaches (spring break) and generally taking more risk than us older folks. Regardless the death rates is still declining in spite of the surge in cases.

A different take: The death rate in young people form Covid-19, especially healthy young people, is much lower than the average Covid death rate. Therefore reopening colleges might possibly have similar risks as contracting flu and other sicknesses. The data for this theory has not been published to my knowledge but every activity in life has some risk. The question is "How does the risk of death among college students get impacted by Covid-19?" Another valid questions is "If college student are able to catch Covid-19 with limited risk of death, how would the elderly be protected from contact with college students.

Since Clemson has 30+ football players who tested positive we may have some interesting data based on the severity of each of their cases. I'm not suggesting we have enough data or answers to say "play ball" but give the facts time to play out before you cancel the season.

This may sound callous to some but check the facts. Is it safer to fly to a distant location or to drive. Most "fearful" people choose to drive but facts say driving is higher risk of death than flying. Life is full of risks and I regularly choose the lower risk approach to an activity, but I still choose to do the activity (like using a boat to go fishing.)

Message was edited by: NCTiger75®

Message was edited by: NCTiger75®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2020, 4:54 PM

Nicely done NCTiger.
I've been tracking the death rate for months. I hope it doesn't increase, but I'm afraid that it will over time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Careful everyone, NCTiger75® is making sense...***

Jul 1, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: IMPO, I'm becoming at a place in my heart and mind that, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2020, 4:55 PM

What makes you think it will be better in a year? At some point in order to return to something that resembles normal we have to be willing to accept the risk...whether we do it now, or a year from now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best take I have heard lately is we have to learn to live w/

Jul 1, 2020, 11:58 AM

COVID because it is not going away, no more so than the flu or common cold are going away, and we can't wait for a treatment or vaccine (which may never come) to return to something like normal.

It's like this giant science experiment where literally NO ONE knows what's next, how this virus behaves, etc.

It could be more than another year before it plays out, we know how to treat it, know if it is seasonal or not, etc.

Probably not the worst thing to let it spread in the population IF (and only if) the deaths continue to decline.

It is in the virus's interests to not kills its hosts. So maybe eventually it weakens and becomes something like the cold. Hopefully not something like the flu which still kills tens of thousands per year even with a vaccine.

I am praying for an effective treatment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Jun 30, 2020, 6:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2020, 10:33 PM

You people have all lost your absolute, whatever mind you ever had that worked. I don't think its possible to actually wake up in the morning and not hear something dumber than what you heard the day before. No way in heck some of the crap y'all write you actually believe. And if you do, please please do not ever have sexual relations with another women in hopes that we stop the gene line in its present state

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 8:05 AM

Please give us your genius take on this dilemma.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: IMPO, I'm becoming at a place in my heart and mind that, ]

I'm confused over what you're upset about. Is it because you think it's insane that somebody would think that college football won't be played this season?

Jul 1, 2020, 7:47 AM

If and when the first college athlete dies from Covid-19 the calculus of playing sports this year will be shifted dramatically. We know there are young student athletes with vulnerable pre-existing conditions. Unfortunately, we know vulnerable young people have died from this virus. It frustrates me that the situation is similar to the vulnerable elderly. We didn’t respond well to get them protected. Is the NCAA and conferences discussing and deciding what to do with the vulnerable players? Do we isolate them and give them a redshirt year? I suspect once again the experts and leadership will be reactive and just stop everything once the first death occurs.

Agreed. Answer = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$***

Jul 1, 2020, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a severe take that just came to mind but

Jul 1, 2020, 7:47 AM

society may collapse if we don't return to normal with accepted risks soon. People aren't going to pay for an online semester at current tuition rates. I don't blame them. That will devastate many schools. More unemployment. Couple that with collapse of all social businesses. Masks are extremely effective but not in bars, on football fields, etc. I don't have the answers, but I am certain none of our leaders do either. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Re: This is a severe take that just came to mind but

Jul 1, 2020, 11:27 AM

It also has a major impact on younger kids in school. I have a child going into the 3rd grade next year. She's already missed over a quarter of her 2nd grade year, and I worry about how far her and her peers will fall behind if this upcoming year is on a computer.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic