Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO it’s not only ACC teams that have fallen off the last couple of years. The SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 900

IMO it’s not only ACC teams that have fallen off the last couple of years. The SEC

Sep 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

has several teams that are down like Ole Miss, Miss St, Tenn, SC , Arkansas and it’s the same all across college football in all of the conferences not just the ACC. I think we are starting to see the distance between the haves and the have nots grow at a much faster rate. Louisville 2 years ago were playing well and ranked, say what you want about Jimbo Fisher but he did not leave FSU loaded with talent. I think he has been planning his exit strategy since famous Jamis left. He went to A& M. A school where with lots of money. 2 years ago I believe we were talking about the strength of the ACC after a successful bowl season. Now we are talking about how week the conference is.

This is just my opinion but I believe college football is being pushed into creating a super conference of about 10 to 12 teams. If that were to happen and we were one of those teams we could be playing Penn State, OSU, Bama, Auburn, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, A west coast team every year. From this conference would come your NC.

I think it is getting much more difficult for some programs to just maintain facilities much less upgrade them. Schools like Cincinnati, Louisville, NC and NC State, BC, and other programs that finish outside the top 15 schools are struggling financially just to make ends meet much less upgrade.

Look at what Clemson has had to do to continue with ungrading facilities and staying at the top. Students now have to pay for tickets, I have no idea what you folks pay who park near the stadium or what you pay for tickets. But it seems as though Dan Rad. Is constantly looking for new streams of revenue. Tuition has increased, Clemson is trying to increase the student body by several thousand new students all to bring in more $$$$.

The money is so big in college football these days that it is almost impossible for many who use to attend several games a year to make it to 1 or 2 games. When I went to the 1981 NC I spent less than $100 in 3 days. I did get lucky and was able to fly down and stay at South Beach for free and my ticket was free. I sat on the 30 yard line about 20 rows up. But let’s say I had paid for everything it still would have been less the $500 to $600. A friend went to the 2016 NC game. Everything cost him over $7000 for him and his wife and their son. $7000 for 1 ballgame. Wow!

Just some thoughts on where I think college football is headed. I would really like input from others especially some who attend most or all home games. What do you think of my thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO it’s not only ACC teams that have fallen off the last couple of years. The SEC

Sep 23, 2018, 1:43 PM

Some good but mostly in error.Tuition don’t go to athletics ie most at least.in 1981 every thing was less expensive including wages earnings etc.More students don’t help athletics.your fight on a lot of schools in acc and other conferences falling off.SEC keeps blowing their horn as best conference when in fact they have had one consistent team ,Alabama,over the last eight years ,yes they have had auburn , Georgia be good at times but not consistent but they keep yelling sec sec sec .Its like a democrat trying to convince everyone the sky is falling

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO it’s not only ACC teams that have fallen off the last couple of years. The SEC

Sep 23, 2018, 2:00 PM

I agree with your comments about the “haves and have-nots”but there is some hope on the no so far horizon. The ESPN/ACC network will send more $$$ to all member universities and that is a good thing. As far as one 10-12 member super conference, I’m not sure how that would work but if we are on the inside looking out I’m all for it. It would probably relegate perineal bottom feeders, like our idiot, loser rival, to a permanent “outside looking in”scenario.Again, that isn’t anything new for them. Except for a few 10-11 win seasons under the drunk joke Slurrier, that has always been the case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 900
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic