Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Baseball and Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,314

ACC Baseball and Leggett

Mar 16, 2013, 10:55 PM

Baseball in the ACC has gotten way better since Leggett first came in the league and was dominating. The ACC is filled with talent in baseball now. Not even close to how low it was 20 years ago. Then you had Gtech and FSU to worry about. Now it's about every weekend teams are legit.
So for all the leggett haters, this is a good reason why it's hard to get 45-50 wins every year like you cry for.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Baseball and Leggett

Mar 16, 2013, 11:01 PM

Ok. Well let me turn that around on you. Why didn't we get better? If we were the best then we should have kept stepping up our game.

Example:
Football in the SEC. Did Alabama say....man the SEC just got a lot tougher this past decade. Woooo is me....lets pack it in. He ll no. They were the best. They got better.

We were the best. We didn't keep progressing as a program and we have paid for it. It isn't about our opponents. Its about us.

Nobody is asking for 50 wins. That is insane. We are asking to be respectable within our own conference. 2 ACC titles in 20 years is not what Bill had in mind when he turned over the keys to Jack.

IMO, That will be TDPs legacy

Mar 16, 2013, 11:08 PM

He allowed other schools to out work us. USC, UNC, UVA, NCSU all built completely new ballparks by taking advantage of cheap money. Heck UVA was going to drop baseball.

TDP went with the complete fundraising route because that was what he knew from ok state. We don't have a T. Boone Pickens.

Re: IMO, That will be TDPs legacy

Mar 16, 2013, 11:12 PM

Correct it is more about the budget Jack has had to work with versus some of our local competition.

Mar 16, 2013, 11:18 PM

I think that would hold more water if he didn't have so many w t h losses. You don't just keep losing to lower level competition and pawn that off on budget.

DK may not be Scar's stadium, but it is still top 15 in the nation. I for one cannot wait until that project gets started at DK. I think that is a problem for us, but it is not the reason Jack let this program slump so far

They go hand in hand

Mar 16, 2013, 11:39 PM

USC finds it in their budget to hire the most up and coming assistant to a lateral move. Holbrook was the architect of that UNC pitching staff and USC is able to hold on to him for at least 3 cycles until they promote him.

We lose a coach supposedly over a mileage cost dispute in recruiting and replace him with a D2 pitching coach.

UNC replaced Holbrook with a top pitching coach.

Our volunteer assistants seem to be more high profile than other schools so that tells me we are leaning more on inexperienced coaches.

So in some respects our wth moments could be because of what we put into it.

you're right, and not recruiting a lot of the local kids

Mar 17, 2013, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Re: IMO, That will be TDPs legacy ]

who wanted to come to Clemson and ended up at USC and beating us

many parents in SC can't stand Jack attitude once they meet him and some have said they did not want their kids playing for him

Jack has an attitude that turns people off, he needs to control that and recruit players who want to be at Clemson and grew up Clemson fans, if they have the talent.

Mar 16, 2013, 11:20 PM [ in reply to IMO, That will be TDPs legacy ]

Agreed. That is why a guy like DRad was brought in. Hope he can make up ground quick

Re: Re: ACC Baseball and Leggett

Mar 16, 2013, 11:04 PM

Tell me what Alabama football did between 1995-2007

Re: Re: ACC Baseball and Leggett

Mar 16, 2013, 11:16 PM

I see what your trying to do there. Just forget about 2008 forward (cough won 3 national championships even then they had some great years in 96,99, and 2002). I don't see how this helps your cause to keep Leggett when you ask me to go over one of the worst stretches in Alabama history where coaches WERE FIRED. Alabama would not have put up with a coach that routinely got his tail handed to him in conference.

So your saying we need to go out and get another coach that can win at the highest level?

And then they went and hired a new coach. Are you suggesting

Mar 17, 2013, 1:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: ACC Baseball and Leggett ]

we hire a new coach?

Re: Re: IMO, That will be TDPs legacy

Mar 16, 2013, 11:27 PM

I played college baseball in late 90's-early 2000's. the talent level has gotten way better since then with kids playing year around.
The talent is so spread out now trust me. All the good players do not go to USC and Clemson in the area like thy used to.
I'm not making excuses for Jack. I just think some people on here who bash him don't realize how hard it is to find a good coach. It's not easy to win consistently.
Jack has groomed many assistants that are now head coaches as well so he must be a bad coach.
All I'm saying is some people don't know a good thing when they have it and don't realize it until its gone.

Mediocre

Mar 17, 2013, 12:03 AM

I guess you're just happy to be mediocre, huh?

Re: ACC Baseball and Leggett

Mar 17, 2013, 6:58 AM

Yea but if Ga.Tech ,and FSU,and UNC,STATE,UVA, etc etc can get 45-50 wins each year then so should Clemson.
Maybe you forgot what our rival down the state has done,not only to us,but the nation the last three seasons.And they play in the predominate "football" conference in America.
It's called winning games,regionals,Super Regionals,Omaha,CWS appearances,championships.
How does a team accompolish those goals? It's called recruiting.
If those other schools can recruit,then so should we!
Cry about that!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic