Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry ... but Justyn Ross is the best WR in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Sorry ... but Justyn Ross is the best WR in the country

Aug 27, 2019, 2:47 PM

You can hear the experts try to justify others, but anyone that has eyes knows the truth.

The eyes don't lie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apology accepted***

Aug 27, 2019, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He might not even be the best on his team

Aug 27, 2019, 2:51 PM

Does everybody just forgot about Tee Higgins? He was our #1 WR all of last year and took the double teams away from Ross. He is still our #1 WR. I know Ross had a great end to the season, but Tee is the better overall prospect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

I think they’re pretty much equal now

Aug 27, 2019, 2:54 PM

After Ross snagged one handed catches in a CFP game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there's Tee's one-hander

Aug 27, 2019, 5:06 PM

In the back of the end zone versus the Irish.

That WR room may be one of the most competitive collections of talent ever assembled.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess we will find out in 2 years, but the draftnicks all

Aug 27, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to He might not even be the best on his team ]

seem to think Ross is the better prospect.

Re: He might not even be the best on his team

Aug 27, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to He might not even be the best on his team ]

Arguing who is better, Higgins or Ross, is like arguing about where you would like to have a free vacation house, Italian Alps or Scottish Highlands?

Re: He might not even be the best on his team

Aug 27, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to He might not even be the best on his team ]

You can't go wrong with either one of them, plus we can't forget about Amari Rodgers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might be sorry about it,

Aug 27, 2019, 2:53 PM

but I'm pretty dang excited about it.

IMO, Rondale Moore***

Aug 27, 2019, 3:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: IMO, Rondale Moore***

Aug 27, 2019, 7:52 PM

He is definitely the most exciting and my favorite to watch.

I might be looking through orange colored glasses

Aug 27, 2019, 4:34 PM

but I have to agree. I've been really surprised with the lack of accolades from the media for Ross this preseason. He's gotten a couple (i.e. first team all ACC), but not as many as I think he deserves. I'm guessing it's based on the fact that he never actually started a game, and even though he was good during the season he really had his coming out party against ND and bama.

Higgins is getting accolades that are well deserved, and in my opinion Ross is actually the better WR if they are compared to each other, which is an amazing thing to say since Higgins is already being projected as a first round NFL draft pick.

Even though they have differing styles, Ross brings pretty much everything to the table that Higgins has with the addition of being extremely physical. I can't name a WR that wore a Clemson uniform that was as physical with the DBs as Ross is...maybe Mike Williams? That's probably the thing I enjoy the most about watching Ross. He beats DBs off the line by being more physical than them, and he can't be stopped from catching balls even when DBs are hanging off of him...see the first TD from the ND game. What makes this so amazing is he did all this as a freshman.

Message was edited by: BerserkTiger®

Higgins***

Aug 27, 2019, 4:45 PM

Best Is The Standard

Re: Sorry ... but Justyn Ross is the best WR in the country

Aug 27, 2019, 4:49 PM

I think we have to be realistic and admit Ross is better than Higgins. I suspected it during the season last year before the CFP games. This does not disrespect Higgins at all. Higgins has a very good chance to be a 1st round draft choice! Maybe Ross' emergence will inspire Higgins to another level.

We'll all have fun watching.

Whether Ross is the best in the country remains to be determined. You can't use the two-game CFP to prove that. Both Jerry Jeudy and Rondale Moore are more dangerous after the catch. Please don't hate me for giving credit where it is due.

It is a three-way tie for me. The season will prove it out. We all agree Ross has the superior QB throwing to him.

Aug 27, 2019, 7:30 PM

Lol more is only 5"9. C'mon man.

Aug 27, 2019, 4:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Not even the best on this team

Aug 27, 2019, 7:39 PM

You can make an argument that he will be soon. Higgins is more complete right now, but Ross on a seam route with Lawrence's velocity is just plain nasty. His ability to get off the line in press coverage is also a gift.

I think right now Higgins has better overall ball skills(dropped 3 balls all year), and a much better blocker. Ross' route running improved tremendously late in the year. He may have the most upside of anyone in the country.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not even the best on this team

Aug 27, 2019, 9:19 PM

Not arguing here, because I agree that Higgins showed it all season, and I think when both are on the field at the same time, whoever is open or 1on1 is the best.

I’m not sure If Ross dropped more than 1 pass last year, but he didn’t have as many thrown at him either.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

giys.. Bryan Edwards would be starting over both Higgins

Aug 27, 2019, 9:06 PM

and Ross if Clemson could of stole him away from scar

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Sorry ... but Tee Higgins is the best WR in the country

Aug 27, 2019, 9:32 PM

Currently Tee Higgins is ahead of Justyn Ross in my humble opinion!

You can't go wrong with either; but give me the AJ Green clone over the Julio Jones clone for the win Alex!
Thank the Good Lord they are both Tigers!

***Note: "Tee is Currently better" so not to say it won't or can't change!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic