Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMHO, it is definitely time for national referees. I watched
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

IMHO, it is definitely time for national referees. I watched

Oct 21, 2019, 10:11 PM

3 SEC games, Bama vs. Tenn, Georgia vs. Kentucky, and Florida vs. South Carolina. All three of the favorite teams won, and all three benefitted from timely calls.

Bama, who had struggled the entire game, got a huge boost when Tennessee scored on a 4 yard run, only to be called back by a holding penalty.I believe the TD would have made it 21-17 Bama, with no Tua.. The announcer said it was on #64 but when replay showed that was NOT possible, he quickly said it was on somebody else, but they never showed who. Shortly therefter, Tenn stopped Bama with a sack on a 3rd and next week, only to be converted by an unnecessary roughness penalty on Tennessee for slightly pushing down on the QB too hard when the tackler got up.(I could only think of the stuff Bama got away with on Deshaun).

Georiga was in a nail biter with Kentucky. Dadgum Kentucky who was down to a receiver at QB and who had not completed a single pass late in the 3rd. Zero Zero game with Kentucky driving late in the 3rd and Kentucky picks up about 17 yards down to the Georgia 7 I believe (I was wtchig several games at once), but that run is called back by a very questionable holding call. Kentucky fails to score. they punt , hold Georgia, Georgia punts, and then Kentucky punts from their own 30 and the ball goes out on their own 40. Georgia gives it to Swift who scores on one play...ball game turns on that play....Now, what if they don't call holding on Kentucky, but do call holding on Georgia on that TD? I mean, Georgia had NOT CROSSED THE FIFTY at this point in the game. They ran their first play on Kentucky's side of the fifty after that shanked punt....

And then the coots...Missed most of this one becuase well, you know why. But anyway, orange glasses removed and all, the pick play by Florida and the long run by Florida where the Florida receiver HELD the Coot DB by the jersey for at least FIFTY yards....that was something else.

Yessir, in my opinion, the time has come for national refs, and the DADGUM coaches need to be able to say whatever they want after the game,and they need to be able to BLACK BALL any crew the seem fit. No more of this,"It will be handled internally"...If a crew is blackballed X number of times,they are done. Deee...Ohhhh....Ennn....Eeee. Done. Simple as that.

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess a tweet to @SECBirmingham would be appropriate.***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC Shorts maybe.....***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:31 PM

Re: IMHO, it is definitely time for national referees. I watched

Oct 21, 2019, 10:28 PM

You missed the play where Tennessee was about to punch it in and three different officials threw three different flags all on Tennessee and all on the same play for three different penalties on three different players.

And then there was the play where TN was about to punch it in running a hurry up offense when the refs jumped in and stopped the game themselves for absolutely no reason. There were no substitutions. One of the announcers asked why they were doing that. I believe Levy replied, “Because we’re in Alabama.”

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, and I don’t plan to join, but I’ve never seen anything like that game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You see what I sayin' ?***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:34 PM

Oct 21, 2019, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: IMHO, it is definitely time for national referees. I watched ]

That sounds like us vs Duke in MBB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

And I did my best to make my point back then too.....

Oct 21, 2019, 10:53 PM
ATT00009.jpg(117.8 K)

Oct 21, 2019, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: IMHO, it is definitely time for national referees. I watched ]

Watched Bama-Tenn and I agree I’ve never seen one quite like that!

Oct 21, 2019, 10:34 PM

Tennessee got hosed and the coots got what they deserved.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 10:45 PM

I saw only a few plays of GA-UK and don't waste my electricity watching the coots, but I did watch some of the Bama-Tenn game. I perfectly agree with Spud about the plays he mentioned. I have never liked the vols, but they got hosed by the refs in that game. Maybe for the first time in my life I turned off a football game because the officiating was so biased.

Did exactly the same here.

Oct 22, 2019, 2:02 AM

I made it to the personal foul on the sack and said, “I’m not watching this crap.”

This is the reason I don’t watch the NFL

Oct 21, 2019, 10:49 PM

go back to the natty,2Q I believe,when TL got targeted helmet to helmet right in front of the ref with no call.chris fowler even mentioned it.at least ND got called when they tried to take TL out.all learned well from syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That needed to be said, Spud

Oct 21, 2019, 11:00 PM

The SEC is all about winning, winning at all costs. I know there are some bad ACC officials, but they look like amateurs compared to the shenanigans pulled by the SEC.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic