Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMHO, Dabo did spend way too much time fussing at Teasdale.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

IMHO, Dabo did spend way too much time fussing at Teasdale.

Dec 8, 2015, 12:48 AM

I've done a little coaching in my life, certainly not on the D1 scale, but i would have just told him to take his jersey off on the way to the locker room and not turn back. No room in major college football that don't listen to the coaches.

Even in high school, I can always find someone that can kick the ball 30 yards.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh, no.

Dec 8, 2015, 1:29 AM

glad you're not my kid's "coach"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uh, no.

Dec 8, 2015, 2:11 AM

Me

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uh, no.

Dec 8, 2015, 2:12 AM

too

Re: IMHO, Dabo did spend way too much time fussing at Teasdale.

Dec 8, 2015, 1:40 AM

No, Dabo was informing him that his selfish decision could hurt the team..then it did..then he was basically telling him that his dumb decisions put his fellow teammates at risk of losing an opportunity they had worked so hard for all year..luckily the offense and defense made up for probably the worst special teams in America..this aint beamer ball

Dabo was reminding him that his scholarship is as a PUNTER..

Dec 8, 2015, 6:13 AM

not a running back. You had one job to do.

Dec 8, 2015, 3:51 AM

Being that the coach can't beat them in the head for doing dumb A$S crap like that. I would have told him to do it again so his team mates would have beat him all about his face and head;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2015, 7:45 AM

Woody Hayes did. Even did it to a Tiger.??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No!!!***

Dec 8, 2015, 5:59 AM

This is about discipline.

Dec 8, 2015, 6:29 AM

He told the kid to kick the ball. It probably hurt the boy's feeling to be biched at in public but the fact is, had he cost us a game by not following instructions being biched at in public wouldn't have ended on the sidelines.

The punishment fit the crime. He didn't spend life in prison or even a night in jail. He got biched out. You should have been there when I smash all four corners of my daddy's new pickup truck. What Dabo did wasn't biching, I bet most of you candyazz babies haven't hear biching.

I wasn't much at biching at my sons. When my 19 year old son ran his little sister's 1976 280z Datsun through a fence and scratched the new metal flake blue paint off the hood and top I made him work hanging and finishing sheetrock for me to pay for the repair. It cost over three grand to repaint that car. Yeah, it was insured, what the fluck does that have to do with it?

I bet he'd have traded a good biching for that six weeks hard labor and felt like he got off without being punished. We needed our kicker, his failure to follow directions didn't merit benching him or throwing him off the team because it was his first infraction. Yeah, we had insurance to cover the kicking infraction too, what the fluck does that have to do with it?

He didn't fail to do his job he chose not to do his job, there's a significant difference between the two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is about discipline.

Dec 8, 2015, 6:32 AM

What would have happened had he MADE the first down. I think Dabo would have still given him an earful.......AFTER he patted him on the back for making the FD, but would have still reminded him...son, we didnt call that. Dont do that again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No ! It's a team sport

Dec 8, 2015, 6:41 AM

You are crapping on all your teammates when you pull something like that.

Dabo has a known fiery game-time personality.

Dec 8, 2015, 7:26 AM

We've known it from the very first game he coached when he b!tched out a punter for walking to the sideline instead of running. Have we all forgotten that? Have we forgotten how red his face was, how he made the punter -go back onto the field- and return in a jog? IIRC he even grabbed the punter *by the facemask* to get in his face. If we were uncomfortable with the way Dabo gives "tough love" to his players, we should have canned him in 2008.

Instead, maybe we should give Dabo the benefit of the doubt and be confident that he and Teasdall cleared the air afterwards. Given that (1) he let Teasdall back on the field just a few minutes later, and (2) he actually teased Teasdall about it in the post-game comments, I'd say that they got over the situation. Most of the people still pissing and moaning about it are commentators, sports talk show hosts, and fans of other schools. To all of whom I simply say, have a coke and a smile and STFU.

Then you agree with the local Los Angeles sports radio hosts

Dec 8, 2015, 7:54 AM

who highlighted the topic for 10 minutes yesterday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO way. He knew it COULD have cost the game. I would have

Dec 8, 2015, 8:59 AM

Benched him.

No he didn't.***

Dec 8, 2015, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic