Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,238

IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.

May 31, 2020, 5:12 PM

Saying, I realize Dabo has many more responsibilities overall (like being a GM, PR Front Man, CEO, Recruiter, etc)..

but BV is worth every $ he earns since our prolific O doesn’t stand a chance without a stop, often!

And, BV’s Defenses the last 3 years have allowed fewest points in Nation and did it playing more games, 44.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.

May 31, 2020, 5:44 PM

I'll make another comparison.

Bobby Bowden was a successful coach at FSU. But, he didn't start the dynasty years until he hired Mickey Andrews.

Very similar situation with Dabo and Brent.

Both guys recognized they were "offensive minds." Both guys went out and hired a superior defensive coach and turned the reins over to them.

I remember one Spring, in the middle of the dynasty years, Bobby was talking about the offense. Someone asked him, "What about your defense?" Bobby replied, "I ain't worried. Mickey will have them ready."

I can see Dabo saying exactly the same thing.

BV was the "final piece" of the Clemson dynasty puzzle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.

May 31, 2020, 5:48 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 8:22 PM

Good response. :)

May 31, 2020, 8:30 PM

And Dabo had the foresight to hire Brent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Player personnel #1 success factor...

May 31, 2020, 8:52 PM

HC CDS > BV, 4 this reason alone-

May 31, 2020, 9:16 PM

As far as winning games, Venables is a lot more valuable that Dabo. We win because of the OC and the DC and the skill level of the players. I do believe that we will miss Jeff Scott.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,238
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic