Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IKE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

IKE

Jun 6, 2019, 4:54 PM

General Eisenhower said that the Higgins Landing Craft helped win World War 11.

And, around 1952 my best Buddy in Charlotte & our Mothers saw him round the corner from South Blvd to East Blvd to head for Freedom Park to give a speech..

and he was in a Ford Convertible with the top down..no more than 6 feet from us. From that day forward I was an "I Like IKE" fan.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IKE

Jun 6, 2019, 6:06 PM

Ike was a genuine American hero (and Truman). Without him and Winston, I'm not sure that we would have would have defeated the Nazis. In today's political environment in America I'm not sure that we would resist anyone effectively. I grew up in democrat family. We religiously supported democratic candidates, who like Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson, supported reasonable social programs as well as national defense. Now, I am presented with a democratic party so far to the left that it is virtually a neo-communist party. Led by a chirpy little rattlesnake posing as a girl scout(Ocasio Cortez) who obviously hates this country and proposes a left-wing agenda the likes of which has not been proposed since Gus Hall, the head of the American Communist party. She rages against anyone, even in her own party who dares to take exception to her extreme left-wing dogma. (read Joe Biden). She is a full of shi## as a Christmas turkey.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IKE

Jun 6, 2019, 7:00 PM

Oh for christ's sake. Here's the Republican platform that your hero, Ike, ran on in 1956:

Provide federal assistance to low-income communities
Protect Social Security
Provide asylum for refugees
Extend minimum wage
Improve unemployment benefit system so it covers more people
Strengthen labor laws so workers can more easily join a union
Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of sex

Yes, thank God we weren't overrun by the "neocommunists." Moron....

IKE was also a womanizer and unfaithful

Jun 7, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: IKE ]

Husband.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I remember I was 6 years old and my dad came home from work

Jun 6, 2019, 10:52 PM

in the mid morning. He hustled us out to Rivers Ave in Charleston Heights to see the President's motorcade come by. Ike was sitting in a large open top limo. He was in Charleston to receive an honorary degree from the Citadel from his friend General Mark Clark. I can barely remember it and I had to look up the purpose of his visit. Pretty cool to know the President came by about 50 yards from our home, which is now considered the food desert of the area because crime drove all the grocery stores away

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great General. Great President***

Jun 6, 2019, 10:54 PM

And he warned us all...

Jun 7, 2019, 7:41 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic