Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I notice NOT ONE CHICKENTROLL has responded to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I notice NOT ONE CHICKENTROLL has responded to

Nov 1, 2012, 8:54 AM

the thread on the newest grad rates published by ESPN.

In fact, I've not seen this information mentioned in The State or The Post and Courier.......wonder why?? I mean, its news, isn't it?? And a couple of years ago when their grad rate was higher, it was certainly mentioned frequently then.

As soon as the canonization of Marcus Lattimore is completed, perhaps all the sportswriters and columnists in this state can return to reporting the news.

And remarkably, these horrific grad rates for the football team are indicative of not only of pathetic academics at usuck, but also of Spurrier's despicable practice of "roster management"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you happen to have a link to the published grad rates***

Nov 1, 2012, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Links are here

Nov 1, 2012, 9:31 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1165907

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Wow...55% and dead last in the $EC...

Nov 1, 2012, 9:41 AM

Nice job Steve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Thank you Sir Spurrier, may I have another" says the Coots!***

Nov 1, 2012, 10:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have said it before and I will say it again.....

Nov 1, 2012, 10:59 AM

most Gamecock fans, out of sheer desperation for athletic success (especially against Clemson), made the decision long ago to knowingly, willingly and gladly compromise what little was left of the character and integrity of the university, the players, and the coaches if so doing might translate into more wins.

Re: They don't know the meaning of integrity. They have

Nov 1, 2012, 3:03 PM

proved that by hiring the Morrisons, Holtzs,Spurriers and Martins of this world..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but 6th in the east***

Nov 1, 2012, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Wow...55% and dead last in the $EC... ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW! Miami at 94%. do I detect an Chapel Hill odor?***

Nov 1, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Links are here ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was taken from another Gamecock, because honestly

Nov 1, 2012, 11:11 AM

I don't know too much on this subject.

"Those numbers are for freshmen who were brought in during the end of the Holtz era from 2002 - 2004 the only Spurrier class would have been his first one in 2005. The last of those players would have been here in 2009 if they had redshirted, which means this year's graduating senior class would have been seniors in high school while they were here."

Take it with a grain of salt, I don't know whether he's right or wrong, but he seems to know more about it than myself.

I know you'll brand the information incorrect and I'm a terrible person for posting such filth, but meh.

While that may be true

Nov 1, 2012, 11:14 AM

it doesn't explain why it's not being talked about. If anything, blaming Holtz could be an easy way to excuse the terrible rate.

It's a grade of slaw... take it with a grade of slaw...***

Nov 1, 2012, 11:16 AM [ in reply to This was taken from another Gamecock, because honestly ]

What it explains is....

Nov 1, 2012, 12:01 PM [ in reply to This was taken from another Gamecock, because honestly ]

1 - the pathetic academics at The University of South Carolina,

2 - Spurrier's despicable practice of "roster management",

3 - the value The University of South Cartolina places on its Degrees, and

4 - the emphasis the coaches have places on academics.

Re: What it explains is....

Nov 1, 2012, 12:56 PM

You do realize that USC has the number 1 Honors College in the country and the number 1 International Business Program in the country, oh, and don't forget the number 1 phd program for Engineering in the Southeast. Yes that's right, Engineering!

Re: What it explains is....

Nov 1, 2012, 1:05 PM

This isn't talking about regular students, it's a poll about student-athletes.... kids who aren't international business majors, getting phds, or in the honors college.

South Carolina as a university is a good school, its not Harvard, but then again Clemson isn't either. Congrats on the #1 Honors College and #1 International Business program and all but not a single player on the roster is enrolled in either one of those programs, this is about players, the kids who are, like Melvin Ingram, majoring in African American Studies and not graduating.

LOL...

Nov 1, 2012, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: What it explains is.... ]

How many of your football players are enrolled in the Honors College, International Business Program, or working on a PHD in Engineering.

It's not too hard to have the nations number one International Business Program when only about three other schools in the entire nation offer such a program.

As for the other ranking you mentioned, you will understand if I rely on US News or Princeton Review ( which DO NOT support your contention), as opposed to something subjective you pulled off FGF.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain why the best and the brightest high school students in South Carolina are, by a very large margin, choosing to attend Clemson and the Calhoun Honors College over South Carolina. I will wait while you consult FGF again.

I have the 2013 Princeton Review, pulled out all Clemson/SC

Nov 1, 2012, 2:35 PM

rankings that were in the entire book. Here is that post: http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1130587&tstart=0

I did not see anything supporting what the gamecock said.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

As usual, they're completely FOS !!!!***

Nov 1, 2012, 3:23 PM

Uh, wrong chickentroll...

Nov 1, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: What it explains is.... ]

Engineering Grad School rankings:

Georgia Tech is the #1 engineering school in the southeast, by a long ways in fact. They are ranked #4 in the nation, by the way. University of Texas, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, NC State, Florida, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Auburn, TN, Central Florida, Clemson, Houston, U. of Texas - Houston, Miss St., Alabama, LSU, are ALL ranked higher than Coot U, which is ranked #93 in the nation (LOL's).

Oh, those pesky little things called facts...silly coot.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

It's "Grade of Slaw" u stupid coot!!!

Nov 1, 2012, 1:09 PM [ in reply to This was taken from another Gamecock, because honestly ]

;)

LEARN from TNet, yearn to learn!

Speaking of Latty,

Nov 1, 2012, 12:32 PM

the local paper in Spartanburg (Herald-Journal) is giving us all an opportunity to "inspire" him from 5 to 9 this evening. Bring your sign out to be photographed or use the full 4 page pull out they sent everyone today to show your support. They're calling it the "Battle Back, Marcus poster. I'm about sick of having this crap crammed down my throat. Good young man and graduated w/my daughter but this has gone WAY to far! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

You just had to bring them out didn't you?***

Nov 1, 2012, 1:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: II can't believe Coots would be as high as 55% the way

Nov 1, 2012, 3:04 PM

Spurrier takes scholarships.

Re: II can't believe Coots would be as high as 55% the way

Nov 1, 2012, 5:29 PM

You do realize that Schollys are year to year. They are not a 4 year, done deal. Only a few schools use it 4 year deal as a recruiting tool. If a player does not meet what is expected of the athlete, yes, he will be asked to leave the program. Entitlement is killing this world.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic