Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF we maxed out at 40,000 fans at DV this fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,960

IF we maxed out at 40,000 fans at DV this fall

Aug 5, 2020, 12:05 PM

There presumable be no single tickets sold and no tickets sold to fans of visiting teams. That leaves only season ticket holders and students.
Anyone have a rough idea of the number of season tickets sold and the number of students normally attending our home games?
Just guessing, but I would say about 25% of the season ticket holders will choose not attend due to covid. I also assume some students will choose to have classes online and will not be located in Clemson this fall. So if theses assumptions are anywhere close to correct MAYBE all season ticket holders who wish to attend can do so.
Admittedly there's a lot of guessing and estimating in this post but I'm being optimistic..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF we maxed out at 40,000 fans at DV this fall

Aug 5, 2020, 12:16 PM

I think I read 58,000 season tickets sold this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Box seating will most probably take a hit this year.

Aug 5, 2020, 12:19 PM

They should rent those to family groups.

I already feel bad for the guys

Aug 5, 2020, 1:17 PM

Used to sitting in the lowers on the 50 yard line having to hump it up the stairs to top deck north

Not really but I sound sincere

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I already feel bad for the guys

Aug 5, 2020, 2:52 PM

That sounded very sincere to me!

It's going to look funny with 250 fans all in the lower bowl half way up on the 50 yard line 2' apart!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And none of them cheering because they're old and rich and..

Aug 6, 2020, 2:34 AM

Well, I should probably just stop there because I WILL offend someone.

Tell me I'm wrong. You know it's true. The worst was the couple of times I actually got a ticket to sit in a box. No one stands. No one cheers. No one hardly even watches the game. The last time I lucked up and got a ticket in a box I actually got yelled at for standing and clapping. I'll never sit in a box again. But the same stuff happens in the lower levels. They are only there for their "status". "Down in front!" I love that. Just stay home. You can watch the game from your couch. No one is going to miss you.

You are a mere pup, graduating in 2006. Give your joints

Aug 6, 2020, 8:57 AM

another 30 years, and "Down in Front" will not sound nearly as offensive to you as it does now.

There are a lot of things that can only be proven right with time. I remember being told at my wedding, that, somewhere down the line, there would come a time when I would have a choice between sleep and sex, and I would choose sleep. You'll get there someday, too. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2020, 1:25 PM

I would love to be wrong, but it's really hard to imagine anyone allowing 40,000 people to be in a single location 4-5 weeks from now, even if those people are spaced out.

Odd thought though, if the stadiums are empty would the team still do the hill entrance? That would be pretty weird to see with no band and no fans.

Aug 5, 2020, 3:33 PM

Clemson is going to set the record and have 80,000 fans on a Zoom call yelling and piped over the PA system!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2019 Clemson sold right at 60,000 season tickets.***

Aug 5, 2020, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In 2019 Clemson sold right at 60,000 season tickets.***

Aug 5, 2020, 2:13 PM

I may be wrong but I think the band will be there. They just can't perform on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2020, 2:16 PM

How much will 80,000 cardboard people cost? Apparently MLB needs to spend money any way they can.

Aug 5, 2020, 2:37 PM

$50 donation to the Braves Foundation gets u a cutout in Atlanta

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly...that's a good idea...

Aug 5, 2020, 5:09 PM

and if fans aren't permitted in the stands, Clemson should consider doing the exact same thing.

How many people would pay $50.00 to have a cutout of themselves in their seats or just in the stands?

I would !!!

I think it's an awesome fundraising idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be surprised if NO fans are allowed! A lot of........

Aug 5, 2020, 2:20 PM

people seem to be taking it for granted that their will be fans in DV - not feeling that optimistic myself.

This. IMO the toss-up is between whether there are games at

Aug 5, 2020, 3:02 PM

all. There's no chance there are going to be fans in the stadiums this season, much less 40K...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's highly unlikely at this point...

Aug 5, 2020, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Don't be surprised if NO fans are allowed! A lot of........ ]

Considering that MLB, the NHL and the NBA are not permitting fans in the stands, and while the NFL hasn't made a decision yet, they probably won't either, how can the NCAA rationalize or justify it. They can't !!! If they do, they will be accused of putting profit ahead of public safety.

Aug 5, 2020, 3:49 PM

Would not be surprised if students only. Some other schools have stated that they will give students first shot.

Also Clemson has restrictions on who can enter campus facilities. Students will have cleared this restriction of testing, etc.

Of course CU could change their rules on who can be on campus.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic